Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 01:32 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

hope they take him to the cleaners.
The sisters and widow of a Wyoming Marine killed in Afghanistan are suing Alec Baldwin in federal court, alleging the actor defamed them on his social media after he learned one of the sisters attended a demonstration in Washington, D.C. on Jan. 6, 2021.

Rylee McCollum, a 20-year-old Marine from outside of Jackson, was one of 13 American troops and more than 100 Afghans killed in August by a suicide bomb at the Kabul airport.

After hearing the news of McCollum’s death, Baldwin found one of the Marine’s sisters, Roice, on Instagram and sent her a $5,000 donation to go towards his widow, Jiennah Crayton, and their child born less than a month after his death, court documents state.

Then, this month, Baldwin accused Roice of participating in the Jan. 6, 2021 riots as an “insurrectionist,” reposting her pictures of demonstrations that day to his account that allegedly caused the McCollum sisters and Crayton to receive harmful messages including death threats. Now, the women are suing Baldwin for $25 million, nearly half of his apparent net worth, on allegations of defamation and violating their privacy.

The suit states that McCollum was quickly subjected to “hostile, aggressive, hateful” messages and comments from Baldwin’s 2.4 million followers. One message, which she posted to her account, said: “Get raped and die, worthless c*** (kiss emoji). Your brother got what he deserved.”
https://trib.com/news/state-and-regi...vacy-invasion/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2022, 02:05 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
What a douche. Baldwin needs to get a life. He's not a politician. Why the hell does he take this garbage so seriously? Obviously he is a sad, pathetic person deep down inside.

Old 01-21-2022, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
What a douche. Baldwin needs to get a life. He's not a politician. Why the hell does he take this garbage so seriously? Obviously he is a sad, pathetic person deep down inside.
he's a scumbag. doxing someone who dared to participate at the capitol protest, did not enter any building or break a single law.

Old 01-21-2022, 03:03 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,665 times
the Jan 6th people nearly al;l had videos of themselves posted online, i did not know it was supposed to be secret??

Old 01-21-2022, 03:13 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
the Jan 6th people nearly al;l had videos of themselves posted online, i did not know it was supposed to be secret??
The link in the OP is dead so I have no idea what Baldwin said, nor do I really care, I'll let the lawyers sort that stuff out.

So, setting politics aside you should know that a video being public does not make any and all comments, claims and accusations fair game. Those need to be accurate and also you cannot encourage your followers to harm them etc. I reiterate that Baldwin may have done nothing of the sort, this may be a quickly dismissed garbage suit, I don't know.

Would be hard to accurately label someone an insurrectionist if they just protested the election results and didn't enter the capital. That's legal (if misguided imo) protest.

Old 01-21-2022, 04:30 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The link in the OP is dead so I have no idea what Baldwin said, nor do I really care, I'll let the lawyers sort that stuff out.

So, setting politics aside you should know that a video being public does not make any and all comments, claims and accusations fair game. Those need to be accurate and also you cannot encourage your followers to harm them etc. I reiterate that Baldwin may have done nothing of the sort, this may be a quickly dismissed garbage suit, I don't know.

Would be hard to accurately label someone an insurrectionist if they just protested the election results and didn't enter the capital. That's legal (if misguided imo) protest.

if Baldwin was not a disliked liberal nobody would care (also worth millions) i wish i could remember a time when lawsuits were not the weapon of choice

Old 01-21-2022, 04:35 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Quote:
if Baldwin was not a disliked liberal nobody would care (also worth millions) i wish i could remember a time when lawsuits were not the weapon of choice
If Baldwin weren't such a giant ass****, this case wouldn't be necessary.

Old 01-21-2022, 05:15 PM

6,980 posts, read 2,703,533 times
Quote:
Attending the speech and participating in the protest afterwards are TWO SEPARATE EVENTS.

Old 01-21-2022, 06:01 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
Why isen't that bastard in jail he shot a woman. If he was a Republican he would have been jailed immediatly.

Old 01-21-2022, 06:33 PM

the link died. weird.

different source-
https://www.komonews.com/amp/news/na...oice-instagram
Quote:
Roice McCollum was at the Trump rally, but was not among the rioters who stormed the Capitol, the lawsuit claims. Roice McCollum was interviewed by the FBI, and afterward “was never detained, arrested, accused of or charged with any crime,” the lawsuit says.
alternate original source-
https://trib.com/news/state-and-regi...31c215461.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies