Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 03:26 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,983,013 times

Advertisements

Why does it matter? Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end. Let the country sink to nothing. its the only way for new flowers to grow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2022, 04:02 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,235,996 times
Market Summary
>
Dow Jones Industrial Average
+3,864.92 (12.75%)

Up 12.75% in the last year...how is that killing the market...

Trump never had that great of a year.
Most every Jan sees a bit of a dip int he market...I hope it goes down a lot more so I can buy more.

MAGAs are such idiots.

Old 01-27-2022, 06:10 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But the DOW is up nearly 300 points today. No doubt you greatly want the stock market to fall greatly to help make sure Republicans get back Congress in November. I got money in the stock market, so I don't want it to fall. Call me selfish or greedy, if you want.
?????????????????

I do not wish anyone misery. Democrats have done this to themselves (no one else) by idiotic fiscal policy. Of course people will vote against idiocy and a poor economy. Did you really expect people to support dems when their actions have reduced the wealth and prosperity of the nation???? We also have a market with a Schiller P/E and CAPE values that is over 2X normal valuations. That market was driven by these three tail winds:

low interest rates
massive QE
low inflation

Now we have the opposite

rising interest rates
rising inflation
cessation of Q/E

With grossly inflated valuations and these three headwinds, the general trend of the market will be lower. There will be up days along the way, but NO MARKET can increase against these headwinds, particularly when there is not enough money to drive demand at very high valuations. Keep in mind that emerging markets and European markets have not shared in the gross over-valuation of the US markets. Where will money go? As interest rates rise in the US, they will ultimately go to:

bonds after the valuation has fallen and interest rates are attractive

foreign equities that are not grossly over-valued

Democrats need to understand (of course, sans their normal cheating): Voters don't like policy and politicians who make them more poor and miserable. While dem policy makes the very wealthy richer, it ruins everyone else. THIS IS WHY THE DEMS WILL LOSE. THEY DID IT TO THEMSELVES.

Old 01-27-2022, 02:25 PM

13,238 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
?????????????????

I do not wish anyone misery. Democrats have done this to themselves (no one else) by idiotic fiscal policy. Of course people will vote against idiocy and a poor economy. Did you really expect people to support dems when their actions have reduced the wealth and prosperity of the nation???? We also have a market with a Schiller P/E and CAPE values that is over 2X normal valuations. That market was driven by these three tail winds:

low interest rates
massive QE
low inflation

Now we have the opposite

rising interest rates
rising inflation
cessation of Q/E

With grossly inflated valuations and these three headwinds, the general trend of the market will be lower. There will be up days along the way, but NO MARKET can increase against these headwinds, particularly when there is not enough money to drive demand at very high valuations. Keep in mind that emerging markets and European markets have not shared in the gross over-valuation of the US markets. Where will money go? As interest rates rise in the US, they will ultimately go to:

bonds after the valuation has fallen and interest rates are attractive

foreign equities that are not grossly over-valued

Democrats need to understand (of course, sans their normal cheating): Voters don't like policy and politicians who make them more poor and miserable. While dem policy makes the very wealthy richer, it ruins everyone else. THIS IS WHY THE DEMS WILL LOSE. THEY DID IT TO THEMSELVES.
We had the same Fed Chairmen all the way from Obama re-appointed by Trump, and Biden. The President has nothing to do with Monetary policy.

2021 markets closed up 20% or more I guess Biden and the Dems had nothing to do with that only when the market goes down it's their fault?

Old 01-31-2022, 05:36 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,458,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Market Summary
>
+3,864.92 (12.75%)

Most every Jan sees a bit of a dip int he market...I hope it goes down a lot more so I can buy more.

MAGAs are such idiots.

This is not going to age well.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:04 PM

Can Biden Really Flaunt The "Strongest Growth In Four Decades"?

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...h-four-decades

Old 02-02-2022, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Minella View Post
Corporate millionaires own 89% of all stocks. Regular people Just like the ones posting in this forum own 11% of all stocks.
THE STOCK MARKET IS NOT THE ECONOMY.

"You will own nothing and be happy"

Old 02-02-2022, 01:06 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post

Old 09-23-2022, 11:43 AM

5,926 posts, read 2,751,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Market Summary
>
+3,864.92 (12.75%)

MAGAs are such idiots.
Bump.

This didn't age well, LOL!

Old 09-23-2022, 11:45 AM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The stock market has been artificially inflated by the Fed's QE asset purchases and their artificially low interest rates.

That has been going on for well over a decade. Can't blame this all on Biden.

P.S. Biden is still senile.
Actually we can, that money was already in the system and it’s effects were known. Pumping what? 5-6 trillion India market like Biden did in 18 months?

Yes, we can and he is solely to blame
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies