Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2022, 08:53 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,140,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Great job by their advertising folks.

Got the right going off the wall.
I don't care what they do one way or the other. But a lot of companies that are going woke are finding out later on that it wasn't a good move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 09:57 AM

14,460 posts, read 11,227,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Hey - It keeps Tucker Carlson busy so the adults can get things done.
Like what, telling the Russians that they can "make an incursion" into Ukraine. Is that what the adults are doing?

Old 01-25-2022, 10:24 AM

7,971 posts, read 7,319,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
I'm wondering what make over the Yellow "Peanut" M&M will get since he's supposed to a mentally slow White guy!! I'm pretty sure the political officers within Mars Inc., are fine with that one.

Well, I guess I'll be crossing off M&Ms from my snack list.
Remember when they wouldn't allow M and M's to be featured in "ET", because they didn't want their product associated with "aliens"? How "unwoke" of them. Hershey (and Reese's Pieces) ended up laughing all the way to the bank.

Old 01-25-2022, 10:28 AM

7,971 posts, read 7,319,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Sugar is poison.
Diabetes makes one susceptible to greater Covid risk.
Therefore Biden ought to mandate the ceasing of M&Ms to protect the public right away.

Right Joe?
They're keeping Joey busy and out of trouble by having him sort through a bag of M and M's, and picking out the defective ones...the W's.

Old 01-25-2022, 10:36 AM

16,226 posts, read 27,327,317 times
Quote:
Shut up and take my money!
I take it you've not heard of the Shinto Kanamara Matsuri festival. They hand them out to the crowds there.

Old 01-25-2022, 10:43 AM

26,917 posts, read 15,131,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
They're keeping Joey busy and out of trouble by having him sort through a bag of M and M's, and picking out the defective ones...the W's.
Ha!
That would keep him busy......forever.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:04 AM

46,854 posts, read 25,796,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Great job by their advertising folks.

Got the right going off the wall.
Once you have Tucker Carlson whining, you've hit paydirt. These people have a victimization fetish.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:06 AM

13,817 posts, read 5,532,275 times
if it bugs you....don't buy their products.

why is this a thing?

Old 01-25-2022, 11:08 AM

14,460 posts, read 11,227,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Once you have Tucker Carlson whining, you've hit paydirt. These people have a victimization fetish.
Has Tucker said anything about this?

Old 01-25-2022, 11:09 AM

41,802 posts, read 74,837,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
How on earth did we, as a society, get to this point? Have we truly reached a point in our lives where stuff like this is worthy of our attention?
Should we not assume that you're familiar with the concept of marketing?

Quote:
How can we ever fix any of our very real problems in this country when people are focusing their attention on ridiculous issues like this?
*ahem* Aren't you focusing your attention on this issue? I'd never have noticed, except that now you've brought my attention to it. Congratulations. You've done just what the marketers hoped you'd do.

Quote:
You can never make people who find this sort of thing to complain about happy.
You're the one doing all the complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Well, I guess I'll be crossing off M&Ms from my snack list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
They made my woke list a while back before this episode and I printed out a list of their products to avoid.
Hahahaha, who says conservatives don't engage in cancel culture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjnh View Post
But I will take a stance that blue M&Ms are just wrong!
LOL - preach it! Blue M&Ms are an abomination!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
LOL, inflation's raging, stock market's tanking, people can't afford to buy a house.... and Mars felt the need to go woke on us.
What, exactly, do you suppose M&M/Mars should do about inflation, stock market, and housing?

Quote:
Here I am pointing a finger at the lunacy we are being forced to deal with on a daily basis. Here I am discussing just how wrong it is that people are bringing focus to ridiculous issues like these while they could be focusing their attention on the very real problems that exist in this country/world.
Forced? LMAO. You could have scrolled right past that article. Instead, you chose to whine about it. So who's wrong here?

Quote:
On the contrary, I do not want people to ignore anything. I want people to see this and recognize that this sort of nonsense is a plague on our society. .
Marketing is a plague? Well, OK, you might have something there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Are you upset that the bully M&M "will be more kind to his co-characters."

Or are you upset that the heels on the brown M&M "will be lowered to a professional heel height".

Or are you upset that the Green M&M's go go boots will be replaced by sneakers?"

Or are you upset because "orange M&M's shoe laces will now be tied"
Spot on. I wonder what has the OP so tied in knots - not unlike the orange M&M character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
It's the total disregard for traditional values, lack of tolerance, identity politics, wokeness, and cancel culture that I disagree with. Plus the welfare state, mismanagement of large cities with lax on crime policies, and the general rewarding of bad behavior
OK, so what should M&M/Mars do about that?

As for cancel culture, take that up with all the people upthread who have vowed never to eat a M&M/Mars product because of the change in the M&M animated characters.

Quote:
What’s wrong with diversity and inclusion? We all know that M&Ms are a lot more fun for the very reason that they are not all the same color, and they all get along well as friends.

M&Ms are a metaphor for life as it should be.
I kinda like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
No one will notice any of this, it's just mental masturbation for the woke crowd.
Aw, I bet the OP would take issue with this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies