Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2022, 10:36 AM

6,023 posts, read 2,843,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
The vaccine never claimed to stop you from contracting covid you know that right?
Oh, yes it did. First, we were told we needed to get vaccinated to end Covid-19. When that wasn't true, it became "you need to get vaccinated so that you don't get sick". When that also didn't work, it became, "you need to get vaccinated, so that you don't get sick too bad and end up hospitalized" (though it's rare for anyone, vaccinated or unvaccinated, to be hospitalized from Covid-19). Then it became, "you need to get vaccinated so that you can continue to work, or else you'll be fired". Now, nobody cares. Nobody believes Dr. Fauci or the CDC, as evidenced by recent polling. Covid-19 is just a bad cold (if that), judging from people that I know right now, who are sick, vaccinated and unvaccinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2022, 10:47 AM

2,367 posts, read 909,253 times
We need to stop calling these "breakthrough" cases.

Breakthrough: passing through an obstacle or barrier.
Calling these breakthrough cases implies the vaccine is supposed to stop you from getting covid.

Some indications out of Taiwan: 278 passengers entering Taiwan tested positive. Of these, 259 were fully vaccinated. (81 came from the United Stated).

Old 01-22-2022, 10:49 AM

1,139 posts, read 401,955 times
I know around 10 people that were both vaccinated and boosted. With that being said, not a single one of them required hospitalization. Vaccine was created against Alpha and it protected well again Bravo and even Delta. Omicron is different variant that changed enough that makes catching it much easier even with being boosted.

Old 01-22-2022, 11:04 AM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Quote:
The vaccine never claimed to stop you from contracting covid you know that right?

Vaccines don't talk, but these people made that claim.
  1. Joe Biden: “You’re Not Going To Get COVID If You Have These Vaccinations.”
  2. Tony Fauci: “You Become A Dead End To The Virus.”
  3. Rochelle Walensky: “Vaccinated People Do Not Carry The Virus — They Don’t Get Sick.

Old 01-22-2022, 11:08 AM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
My SIL was double vaxxed and got Covid. It was before omicron. She said it felt like a sinus infection.

I had the original Covid in the beginning of the pandemic in 2020, and am not going to mess up my natural immunity with a vaccine. I have not gotten it since.

Old 01-22-2022, 11:11 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,008 times
Quote:
Actually they did claim it prdvented getting cv, in EUA licencing agreement, and fauci, biden, maddow, kamala all claimed it prevented you getting it. Then when it failed, they changed it to you won't be hospitalized or die and changed defition of vaccine. Then when vaxed were getting hospitalized and dieing, they changed to " it might make symptoms less severe."

Old 01-22-2022, 11:17 AM

2,367 posts, read 909,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Actually they did claim it prdvented getting cv, in EUA licencing agreement, and fauci, biden, maddow, kamala all claimed it prevented you getting it. Then when it failed, they changed it to you won't be hospitalized or die and changed defition of vaccine. Then when vaxed were getting hospitalized and dieing, they changed to " it might make symptoms less severe."
And when the vaxxed get severe symptoms, they'll say it's because a 4th jab is needed. Rinse and repeat.

Old 01-22-2022, 11:21 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
That would be lying about the lie that claimed that from multiple sources.

Old 01-22-2022, 11:47 AM

1,811 posts, read 899,992 times
Quote:
Not true. As soon as the vaccine became available many government officials touted it as a stop to covid. That rhetoric has only subsided in the past few months. Kinda like “two weeks to stop the spread”.

Old 01-22-2022, 12:03 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,397,020 times
Omicron really doesn’t respond to the vax and yeah, I got it this time. No big deal. The booster is still doing a good job of keeping people out of the hospital…but that’s about it.

And I’m still glad I am vaxxed. And very glad my elderly parents are. My 78 year old mom may have had it but it was super mild and she never got a test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies