Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 09:01 PM

831 posts, read 333,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
That's a horrible rationalization.

The .gov has debt but that debt is paid with interest.

If you need freebies to get by why not become a Brit or move to France? Chances are they won't take you tho.
Nothing is free. In those countries their taxes take care of EVERYONE, our taxes here are used to feed,home and educate illegals,illegal occupations and wars,etc. BIG BIG difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2022, 10:40 PM

2,409 posts, read 1,529,181 times
He should have majored in economics or finance. He does seem to lack the financial savvy to run a lemonade stand.

Old 01-27-2022, 04:48 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedRedneck View Post
Meh. Between me and my wife we will have close to 100k in student loan debt. I'll pay them off when the government leads by example and pays its bills. Tired of living in a country that's SO FAR behind most other sane countries on EVERYTHING. Healthcare,education etc etc.
So your plan is to steal $100K from the United States government?

Good luck with that.

You know, if you stop paying your student loans for long enough, the IRS will start taking 15% out of both of your paychecks, until it is paid off, right?

That is, after your credit is destroyed, and you have to pay high interest rates to whoever is left that is willing to give you a loan.

Old 01-27-2022, 09:07 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times
Quote:
Meh. Between me and my wife we will have close to 100k in student loan debt. I'll pay them off when the government leads by example and pays its bills. Tired of living in a country that's SO FAR behind most other sane countries on EVERYTHING. Healthcare,education etc etc.
Sorry you're tired of it and think taxpayers should send you to college but you will effectively ruin your life in some form if you default on student loans.

I know several who have and years later, boy are they regretting it.

Forget a decent car from a decent car lot, forget buying a house, forget getting a decent loan for anything, and you'll not get your Social Security. You ever get a tax refund they'll take it.

Doing all that just because you don't like our system doesn't seem worth it to me, but it's not my life.

Old 01-27-2022, 09:20 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Sorry you're tired of it and think taxpayers should send you to college but you will effectively ruin your life in some form if you default on student loans.

I know several who have and years later, boy are they regretting it.

Forget a decent car from a decent car lot, forget buying a house, forget getting a decent loan for anything, and you'll not get your Social Security. You ever get a tax refund they'll take it.

Doing all that just because you don't like our system doesn't seem worth it to me, but it's not my life.
And forget moving to a new rental. When the prospective new landlord checks their credit, they won't get a lease.

Old 01-27-2022, 09:45 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Meet an idiot who signed on the bottom line for every cent he now has to repay.

Don't get in with loansharks if you don't wish to be eaten by repayments.

Old 01-27-2022, 10:38 AM

19,793 posts, read 18,085,519 times
Quote:
Nothing is free. In those countries their taxes take care of EVERYONE, our taxes here are used to feed,home and educate illegals,illegal occupations and wars,etc. BIG BIG difference.
Economically speaking The UK is like a giant and a little poorer Mississippi.........that's what very high taxes, cradle to grave entitlements, socialized healthcare etc. yields in a large country. Also make no mistake The UK has tremendous poverty problems.

Take a look at these lists - the second one tells the story best.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispos..._capita_income
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies