Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 05:24 AM

927 posts, read 586,701 times

Advertisements

I feel all those 'White Hats' going to rescue us was part of a hidden plan to keep people from figuring things out and acting legally thru Congress. It kept us all divided arguing on the nightwatch of alt news sites and kept things covered up more. There IS no 'White Hat's in reality we are our own rescuers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2022, 06:19 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Nah. I think someone was playing around with them, at first, and didn't realize it would get this big. Then, others discovered that you can make money going along with this. Well, social media sort of pulled the plug on that, but not entirely. Some are out there making a lot of ad revenue money, in addition to their useless merchandise (t-shirts and other unoriginal items) from their video channels by continuing this.

The ones who actually believe in this nonsense...it's nothing but confirmation bias to the nth degree.

Every once in awhile, I'll land on a video that looks relatively interesting, based on title, and within seconds, I click it off in disgust, as I realize it's another stupid 'Q Anon' video.

Whenever I see someone has typed "WWG1WGA", I immediately dismiss the person as an idiot.

I don't think it was some giant set up to steer them in a different direction, I think it was just a little game, in the beginning, and then others got greedy, and continue to fool these people.

How many more times must they pass a deadline of "Trump being reinstated" before they get it?

The 'My Pillow' guy...I also think he was in it for sales. Claims he's a good friend of Trump, which based on Trump's expressions, doesn't seem to be a 2 way street, and has all these people ordering from him since he's 'on our side', according to these Q Anon types.

I think it just happened to work in the favor of those who did the fraud and lied. I have said, so many times, that people had to get up off of their backsides and protest outside of those buildings (not talking about the idiots who went inside the Capitol), instead of sitting around waiting for some imaginary 'savior' to fix things.

I could be wrong, you may be right, but I know the online person who started it all. He admitted it years ago. I don't know him personally, I just know this person from a social media site, from back in 2015.

Despite him admitting it, showing proof, it still continues, to this day.

Old 01-24-2022, 06:49 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
I don’t think they were a big set up, per se. Both groups themselves were organic, at least at the beginning. I do however think there are those who took advantage of their nuttiness to project on those who were anywhere from unaware to disdainful of the groups themselves, but supportive of same mainstream political parties or politicians, and therefore were able disingenuously classify a larger swath of people as delusional or threatening.

Old 01-24-2022, 07:37 AM

24,498 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Isn't Qanon just an idea like antifa is?

Old 01-24-2022, 08:18 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanRabbi View Post
I feel all those 'White Hats' going to rescue us was part of a hidden plan to keep people from figuring things out and acting legally thru Congress. It kept us all divided arguing on the nightwatch of alt news sites and kept things covered up more. There IS no 'White Hat's in reality we are our own rescuers!
"Acting legally through Congress" to do........?

Old 01-24-2022, 08:25 AM

43,119 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Yes I do.

Old 01-24-2022, 08:28 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
I never heard about Q. First heard it on CNN as they talked about it. I talk to lots of Trump supporters and none heard of Q either. It is a set up. Just like they pumped up Jesse Mollett and the so called white supremacist march organized by a guy who voted for Obama and was a higher up in the Occupy Wall Street Movement.

Old 01-24-2022, 08:30 AM

2,017 posts, read 3,523,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I never heard about Q. First heard it on CNN as they talked about it. I talk to lots of Trump supporters and none heard of Q either. It is a set up. Just like they pumped up Jesse Mollett and the so called white supremacist march organized by a guy who voted for Obama and was a higher up in the Occupy Wall Street Movement.
Yeah, I don't know what 'white hats' are and I'm not sure how people even find this Q stuff. I bet most people who voted for Trump don't know either, just the right wing nut jobs.

Old 01-24-2022, 08:36 AM

25,749 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Just for the record: "white hat" is a traditional literary term used to denote the "good guy" in a story or novel. "Black hat" is the "bad guy."

It has NOTHING to do with race or skin color. Just wanted to throw that out there before some nutjob leftist starts caterwauling about racism...

Old 01-24-2022, 09:01 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Not buying that.

Not at all
I heard of QAnon here first.
And how often do you watch CNN? Honestly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies