Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 04:01 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,278,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Actually, I don’t want excess deaths, I want total. I want to know how the death toll in 2018 compares to the death toll in 2020 and 2021.

Anyway, count up how many times they say ‘estimates’ and ‘modeling’. Now, part of that is because some countries don’t keep accurate records, and one country (China - cough, cough) lies. But we’re still not sure. 12-21 million is a large range. The article says data analysts think the estimates are low. At some point, a number will he arrived at and mostly agreed upon. That’s what I’m waiting to see.

The other thing I would expect to see is a couple years to lower deaths, Covid having killed off a bunch of elderly, but when knows when we’ll see those numbers.
Finally found what I was looking for. Not "excess deaths" but overall totals. This says 10.5 million, not 12 or 21.

https://deadorkicking.com/death-stat...orldwide/2019/

https://deadorkicking.com/death-stat...orldwide/2020/

So very roughly, a 10.5 million increase in deaths in 2020 over 2019. The world's population increased 60.3 million that year, so this site calculates a death rate and deaths per capita.

Deaths per capita in 2018 were up .11% from 2017. Deaths per capita in 2019 were 0.0076, up .25% from 2018, and in 2020 0.0089 - up 17.16%.

For the US, deaths per capita in 2018 were 0.0087, up 0.47% from 2017. In 2019, also 0.0087, up .22%. In 2020, 0.0103, up 17.89%.

2021 is still being tabulated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 04:18 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Is English a second language? It matters WHERE in the sentence words are placed to convey meaning. Mine was correct and referred to the phony stats. It was obvious to others. Keep practicing your English, it's bound to get better.
Ah, but it isn't about "phony stats". It's about over 800 thousand people who have died. They aren't stats. They were friends and relatives and coworkers and neighbors. And you used the term "garbage", so you own it.

Trying to deflect from what you said won't work.

Moving on....

Old 01-25-2022, 04:40 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
I have often pointed out the facts concerning the Diamond Princess, the "petri dish" cruise ship that held about 3,800 people captive after COVID was first discovered on board. https://www.statista.com/statistics/...nd-princess/As no apparently healthy passengers nor crew were allowed to disembark until after a long period of quarantine, I have always considered that to be the best indication of the actual seriousness of COVID-19.

If the government had been serious about getting actual facts as far as the spread and mortality in the general population, I think that they would have tested and monitored on a weekly basis at least 10,000 paid volunteers (in a variety of age groups, lifestyle and geographic locations) to see the actual rate of spread, the actual hospitalization rate, and the actual death rate from COVID, starting immediately after the Diamond Princess outbreak in February 2020 -- and then done the same for people having been injected with each brand of the vaccines and comparing those figures with a control group of those not vaccinated. Why this was not done is beyond my imagination.

(Yes, doing the above would have been expensive, but it would probably, I would guess, be less expensive than the results or non-results all this guessing.)

Last edited by katharsis; 01-25-2022 at 05:54 PM..

Old 01-25-2022, 05:53 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Well then, COMPLICATIONS from the vaccine did the killing... Blood clots and heart attacks being two of them. So now we all agree, those deaths were vaccine deaths.
Could be. Because many vaccine side effects are immune related, many of the same side effects of the disease are reflected in potentials with the vaccines. Typically rarer and less severe. Every case has to be examined.

Old 01-25-2022, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
This is a very good question. I've had an extended family member die with covid. He was very ill with cancer. So what killed him? Well, would the covid have killed him if he was not very ill with cancer?

I say he died of covid BECAUSE he was health compromised (being very ill with cancer qualifies as 'health compromised'). His wife also got covid and was very ill with it. She survived. My nephew got covid and was very very ill with it. No apparent comorbidities that I know of. He survived but spent over a month in hospital at the point of death, he was so ill.

But when a motorcyclist has a serious accident and is in ICU with a broken back, gets routinely tested for covid and tests positive and his death certificate says; cause of death, covid ....

I draw the line there!
That would not be a correct death certificate. You cannot die from Covid. You die from a complication. This M/C case is a WITH Covid, and that should be on line 3 of the death certificate - other significant medical conditions at the time of death.

Old 01-25-2022, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
This is happening. Last week my state started reporting hospitalizations with covid vrs hospitalizations from.

50% are with.

Obviously the same holds true for deaths.
No. The Omicron being more benign, and suddenly many more people are now being admitted to hospitals WITH. But dying WITH remains unusual. And dying WITH, means it goes on line 3 of the death cert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies