Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 02:59 PM

866 posts, read 319,492 times

Advertisements

I say equal rights are in order for the local BLM leaders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 05:47 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,384,844 times
To remind people the Biden administration last year had BLM flags flying from government buildings and embassies. The BLM organization who's members have made remarks like these NY police killed, who have made violent remarks and suggestions of insurrection, and has made references to supporting Marxism.

Old 01-26-2022, 01:44 AM

77 posts, read 35,249 times
because police is heroes to any law abiding person. offcourse they are humans so sometimes get pissed but it is mostly reactionary toward somebody else pissing them off

Old 01-26-2022, 02:01 AM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
"Being Black in DC is more dangerous than any job."
Oh the irony.

Old 01-26-2022, 03:53 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,978,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I actually agree with this one point. They say being black in DC is more dangerous than any other job. True. Blacks are a danger to other blacks. If black lives matter so much why don't they do anything about black on black crime? No money in it. Sad that we actually just accept the behavior of blacks. We treat black on black violence as just part of every day ghetto life. In 50 years it will still be the same story.
We glorify it, sing songs about it, ticktok videos, have street wear clothes, etc.

As long as we the consumers are putting drug dealers, pimps, murderers, gang members and representing this lifestyle as glorious, it will continue to be idolized by young men.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen a movie poster of Scarface in some rappers bedroom.

Young men are shooting young men in these cities. They aren't shooting each other in a church, they're shooting each other on the blocks doing gang activities. Until we can fix the reasons they're joining gangs, we won't fix the problem.

Old 01-26-2022, 04:42 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,828,406 times
If people are bent on destroying themselves
is it far worse for cops to step in and slow the
tide by giving up their lives or to step out of the
way and let fate run it's course?

I say let our good police step back and watch bad people devour themselves.

Old 01-26-2022, 04:54 AM

4,897 posts, read 2,051,253 times
BLM can kiss my backside. Where has BLM been on the hundreds of Black on Black killings in our cities? More important, what has BLM ever done to bring peace, unity and understanding to any community?

The only thing BLM has been able to do is stoke hate, discontent, destruction and death…. WHILE buying NUMEROUS multi-million dollar houses in predominately Upper-Class White neighborhoods for themselves.

Seriously, out of the hundreds of millions of dollars given to them, instead of ensuring to pocketing the money for themselves, what have they EVER did that helped ANY Black or Brown community anywhere in the United States? The answer is easy…. Nothing!!

BLM is nothing but a lie and a fraud!!

Old 01-26-2022, 05:25 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,216 times
BLM isn't pro-anything.
BLM is against white people.
Its entire purpose is to destroy white America.

That the president of the USA and his entire administration refuses to destroy BLM makes them an enemy to America. Period!

Old 01-26-2022, 05:32 AM

21,906 posts, read 9,480,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I agree and it is the greatest problem facing the Black community these days. If a Black kid studies hard to get himself out of the hole he is a sell out. If he does well in the "White Mans World" he is an Uncle Tom. How many other races of people see getting arrested as "Street cred"? How many others see crime as just something that kids do and hopefully they will grow out of it before they go to jail or worse gunned down by a rival or even a cop?

I think the Black community has a tribal mentality that holds them back and keeps them down.

When a white guy commits crimes and fights the cops trying to arrest him to the point where they are forced to up the use of force and the guy is shot, as a white guy I do not identify with that criminal. When the same thing happens to a young black guy the whole community takes it personally and thinks that could have been me or a family member.

One might say that cops also have a tribal mentality and it is certainly a brotherhood of the blue but there is a difference when someone is working to better their community and a criminal that is breaking it down.

One is a hero and the other is a zero.

It is such a shame that BLM couldn't help their own
Because that is/was never the point. Go read their manifesto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies