Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 04:33 PM

2 posts, read 799 times

Advertisements

It is pretty scary to think about. I read about the cold war and the paranoia that came with potential war with another nuclear power. You think it can get that bad still?

As for the war itself and our leaders. Since I was a kid, we've always been at war with some country(I mean we always have). But mainly, the middle east. My pops went to Iraq in the 90s, and he went again after 9/11 . And we've been stuck there since then. This is why I laugh when people point fingers at solely biden when our country has been waging wars for special interests since vietnam.

But Biden's hands aren't clean either.

And lets not pretend conservatives didn't have a war boner for Iran.

As for the current situation, here's how I see it. We have world leaders, specifically, Putin, another imperialist leader, looking to take back what they see as their land. With other nations opposing him, to me, it's insane how our civilizations could end because of one man's reluctance to leave another nation alone.

Of course, the US has a bad history of meddling in other countries. But we always bullied 3rd world countries and most rich countries don't care because they too exploit poorer countries.

But I think it's amazing how the fate of the world hangs into balance by men who are essentially playing real-life Command and Conquer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2022, 04:35 PM

20,830 posts, read 16,976,773 times
This happens each time Biden tanks. They are not going to allow this to progress. It's for show.

Old 01-24-2022, 05:30 PM

72 posts, read 39,852 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXp8SnXUvEo

It won't end well, just get in the shelter. It's gonna be long, LONG winter... of the nuclear kind.

Old 01-24-2022, 05:34 PM

2,021 posts, read 829,145 times
Putin, is ten thousand times the leader Biden is for his country. Not saying I agree with Putin, I’m just saying for his people, he is a true leader. The man does not bluff and he does not back down. He’s been waiting for his moment. Could we take Russia in a conventional war? Easily, HOWEVER in a nuclear exchange there are no winners, only losers. And Russia has real nukes. And a whole lot of them.

Old 01-24-2022, 05:36 PM

9,996 posts, read 6,606,718 times
Biden is a very weak leader, he will walk into Ukraine and take it. Im sure the Chinese will take Taiwan at the same time.

Old 01-24-2022, 05:37 PM
Status: "Repub's IVF ruling is anti-family and anti-America" (set 5 days ago)

5,783 posts, read 3,564,644 times
I predict supplying military equipment to Ukraine, plus beefing up NATOs Northeastern (Baltic) flank.

If Russia overruns Ukraine (very likely), there's talk of supplying Ukrainian insurgents. Giving them training and even giving them refuge in Poland, Slovakia, and Romania.

Old 01-24-2022, 05:38 PM

15,616 posts, read 6,341,292 times
Wars are a lot easier to enter than they are to leave, as we found out in Afghanistan. If the West is prepared to fully (but indirectly) support the Ukrainian military, it may last much longer than Putin probably wants.

Old 01-24-2022, 05:47 PM

29,641 posts, read 24,661,879 times
What's even more insane is the idea of putting the fate of your life in the hands of a dementia patient

Old 01-24-2022, 05:48 PM

61,153 posts, read 85,977,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Putin, is ten thousand times the leader Biden is for his country. Could we take Russia in a conventional war? Easily, HOWEVER in a nuclear exchange there are no winners, only losers. And Russia has real nukes. And a whole lot of them.
I wouldn't be so sure. We lost every single war with third world poor and inexperienced countries. And Russian soldiers are one of a kind. Their military is skilled and we don't even know their real potential.
So, no - I don't think anything with them would be easy. And I doubt we would win...

Old 01-24-2022, 05:57 PM

29,641 posts, read 24,661,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I wouldn't be so sure. We lost every single war with third world poor and inexperienced countries. And Russian soldiers are one of a kind. Their military is skilled and we don't even know their real potential.
So, no - I don't think anything with them would be easy. And I doubt we would win...

I'm pretty sure they have nuclear tipped hypersonic missiles that we are defenseless against. So escalating things to the nuclear level wouldn't be any more pleasant for anyone than a long, bitterly cold ground war, along with the potential of China, Iran, N Korea, Syria, and probably some old former Soviet bloc countries joining in on Russia's side.

I have no problem defending my country from attack. But that is in no way what we are talking about. I mean, how many Americans can even point out Ukraine on a map? Most Americans still call it "the Ukraine" which demonstrates why going there to defend it is about a stupid of an idea as they come. But we do have a whole lot of stupid in the white house right now... That truly is the wild card in all of this. God help America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post

Lost? We didn't surrender. We came, we dominated, we got bored, the people lost the will and we left. If we were truly that easy to defeat, the USA would have been conquered long ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies