Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2022, 03:10 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Explain why you believe the father and not the son.
Oh I do believe the son. He clearly believes the vaccine is against his principles. The medical staff also believe the son, they heard him loud and clear.

Refusal to comply with medical advice also may indicate he will be non-compliant with medication or other aspects of his therapy - which can be a big problem for transplant recipients who must follow doctors' instructions meticulously.

DJ effed around, and he found out. Bye, DJ.

Old 01-25-2022, 03:13 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Oh I do believe the son. He clearly believes the vaccine is against his principles. The medical staff also believe the son, they heard him loud and clear.

Refusal to comply with medical advice also may indicate he will be non-compliant with medication or other aspects of his therapy - which can be a big problem for transplant recipients who must follow doctors' instructions meticulously.

Hopefully he'll be moved to another hospital and get back on the list.

Old 01-25-2022, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
M A D N E S S

these people will be held to account one way or another.
You can hear the rejoicing as posters here are already salivating and celebrating over his potential grave. We are living in the dark ages.

Hopefully he'll be transferred to another hospital. I'm sure there is one willing to take on a 31 year old young man as a transplant patient.

Old 01-25-2022, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Hopefully he'll be moved to another hospital and get back on the list.
He's already too sick to be moved.

Quote:
Ferguson’s family are thinking about relocating him to another hospital that doesn’t have the vaccination policy — but fear he is already too weak to be moved.

I suspect they are failing to find a hospital that defies medical best practices.

Quote:
“Our Mass General Brigham healthcare system requires several CDC-recommended vaccines, including the COVID-19 vaccine, and lifestyle behaviors for transplant candidates to create both the best chance for a successful operation and to optimize the patient’s survival after transplantation, given that their immune system is drastically suppressed

“Patients are not active on the waitlist without this.”

The hospital’s policy requiring recipients to have the COVID-19 shot is in line with many other transplant programs across the US, the spokesperson added.
https://nypost.com/2022/01/25/patien...-unvaccinated/

Old 01-25-2022, 03:24 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
I am adamantly opposed to vaccine mandates, but this is one instance where a vaccine requirement actually makes sense and is (potentially) justifiable. This isn't about punishing him for choosing not to take the vaccine. They give transplants to those who are likely to live longest. They're not going to give a transplant to someone who is going to die soon anyway. They're going to give it to the one who could potentially live the longest because of the transplant. And, because he will need to take immunosuppressants to prevent rejection of the heart, his chances of survival are potentially impacted quite substantially by his vaccination status. No one has a right to a transplant, for which availability is scarce, so the doctors have quite a bit of latitude to dictate conditions for staying on the list.

Old 01-25-2022, 03:24 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
This guy should have just faked his vaccine records, it's not hard

Old 01-25-2022, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I am adamantly opposed to vaccine mandates, but this is one instance where a vaccine requirement actually makes sense and is (potentially) justifiable. This isn't about punishing him for choosing not to take the vaccine. They give transplants to those who are likely to live longest. They're not going to give a transplant to someone who is going to die soon anyway. They're going to give it to the one who could potentially live the longest because of the transplant. And, because he will need to take immunosuppressants to prevent rejection of the heart, his chances of survival are potentially impacted quite substantially by his vaccination status. No one has a right to a transplant, for which availability is scarce, so the doctors have quite a bit of latitude to dictate conditions for staying on the list.
Where have I heard that before? oh yeah, Josef Mengele rationalized like that all day long

Old 01-25-2022, 03:32 PM

Quote:
You can hear the rejoicing as posters here are already salivating and celebrating over his potential grave. We are living in the dark ages.

Hopefully he'll be transferred to another hospital. I'm sure there is one willing to take on a 31 year old young man as a transplant patient.
Actually, there is no rejoicing. Stop pointing fingers, since the rallying cry of conservatives is how they are "owning the liberals" by rejecting the vaccine.

What you should be looking at is the dissemination of anti-vaxx garbage that was embraced by victims like this guy and his family:

Quote:
The family said the care he’s received so far at Brigham and Women’s Hospital has been great — but his relatives can’t ignore Ferguson’s beliefs.

“I think my boy is fighting pretty damn courageously and he has integrity and principles he really believes in and that makes me respect him all the more,” David said. “It’s his body. It’s his choice.”
Quote:
“My son has gone to the edge of death to stick to his guns and he’s been pushed to the limit.”
If blame is to be assigned, start looking at those who distributed the unfounded crap against the vaccine the first place, to "own the liberals." Incidentally, I'm actually posting this for others, I know you are so blinded by your beliefs it's like playing handball against a curtain.

Old 01-25-2022, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Actually, there is no rejoicing. Stop pointing fingers, since the rallying cry of conservatives is how they are "owning the liberals" by rejecting the vaccine.
woooooooooooooah there, I'm sure you can point to some references for that claim right?

We're waiting, who has said anything remotely like that?

The rallying cry for blacks, conservatives, religious, libertarians, etc is the same thing: "property of one's body". No government by principle can EVER compel ANYONE to undergo a forced medical treatment

Old 01-25-2022, 03:37 PM

Quote:

Happy, snarking prediction about his death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies