Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 03:27 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,162,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
We have seen more and more Democrats who are publicly showing disdain and borderline hatred for poor white people, and non-college educated people
It's not the Democrats who are trying to gut Obamacare and replace it with nothing.
It's not the Democrats who are against universal healthcare, which would benefit poor people immensely.
It's not the Democrats who are against affordable college for poor people.
It's not the Democrats who are against a living wage of $15 or more.

Republicans are clever, they talk about being pro-blue collar but their actions speak otherwise. Republicans are first and foremost for the rich, by the rich, and paid off by the rich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2022, 03:42 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,980,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
I'd take a woke leftist over a "bootstraps" neolib boomer like this. Bill Maher is such as grifter that he is trying to reinvent himself as a rational moderate lib friendly to conservativism.

"In America we don't even have an immigration problem. We have a
my life didn't turn out the way I wanted to so I blame other people problem."

https://twitter.com/billmaher/status...89828440338432

https://www.hbo.com/specials/bill-ma...-from-oklahoma
Part of the fake news that's all moving towards the center on paper. That's because they follow the money and fringe woke politics aren't selling advertising slots.

Old 01-26-2022, 03:54 PM

19,801 posts, read 9,341,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Maher dislikes two segments of the American population. He hates the evangelical right. And he hates the intersectional woke left. He does have a point IMHO..
I knew there was a reason I liked him!

Old 01-26-2022, 04:26 PM

1,742 posts, read 957,797 times
Quote:
I'd take a woke leftist over a "bootstraps" neolib boomer like this. Bill Maher is such as grifter that he is trying to reinvent himself as a rational moderate lib friendly to conservativism.

"In America we don't even have an immigration problem. We have a
my life didn't turn out the way I wanted to so I blame other people problem."

https://twitter.com/billmaher/status...89828440338432

https://www.hbo.com/specials/bill-ma...-from-oklahoma
In what way is he a grifter?

I disagree with a lot of Bill Maher’s opinions, but I think he calls it like he sees it. I’m thankful that he is a proud liberal that opposes the intolerant, fundamentalist progressive left. While historically there was a strong connection between liberalism and progressivism, that’s no longer true today. People, especially liberals, are just waking up to this fact. The contemporary progressive movement is intolerant, authoritarian bordering on totalitarian, puritanical, fundamentalist, judgmental, anti- democratic, and racist. We need more liberals like Bill Maher to call out and denounce the totalitarian left.

Old 01-26-2022, 06:01 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,278,566 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUaqFzZLxU

Old 01-26-2022, 07:36 PM

4,560 posts, read 4,098,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

Republicans have never had a problem with immigration or WIC, food stamps etc... They have a problem when these things are not managed properly, and we end up with fraud and abuse of these things which cause billions of dollars lost to criminal misuse.

We should all have a problem with illegal immigration and fraud.

The Facts About Food Stamp Fraud

How much did fraud grow? It jumped to $592.7 million in 2016, up a staggering 61% from $367.1 million in 2012, according to data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. (See Table 46 in the report.) The monetary figures are "Fraud Dollars Determined By Investigations." In other words, these figures are based on identified incidents. In 2016, the number of fraud investigations totaled 963,965, up more than 30% from 2012. (Side note: Almost half of those investigations were in New York State, according to the report.)

The Most Brazen $400 Billion Unemployment Funds Heist In History

During the chaotic days of the pandemic, it's alleged that an international ring of nefarious fraudsters stole over $400 billion from the United States government. This staggering amount is around 50% of unemployment monies paid out.

The story sounds like a script for an upcoming movie, starring George Clooney. Bad actors from around the world, including China, Russia, Nigeria, Romania and right here at home, looted unemployment funds earmarked for out-of-work Americans by perpetrating fraudulent claims. Unknowingly, naive Department of Labor workers sent out checks to bad guys.

Oh, but i guess Republicans just hate the poor and the unemployed, because they object to the billions of taxpayer dollars lost to fraud, waste and mismanagement of US taxpayer funded programs.
Yeah, they want to have money to waste on wars and over bloated military spending.

Old 01-26-2022, 08:45 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,929,380 times
LOL Bill Maher is a media personality.

He will say what he is paid to say.

Who cares? You think he, and Ben Shapiro are speaking their hearts and minds because they want to be a modern day equivalent of Karl Marx?

Its called entertainment.

Old 01-26-2022, 08:51 PM

3,745 posts, read 1,441,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
You misunderstand liberal secularism. We are not "anti religious." We simply believe religious doctrine has not place in government. The only way to allow all religions to co-exist on US soil peacefully is through a secular framework. Otherwise you end up with holy wars like Northern Ireland, Israel-Palestine, China-Xinjaing and so on.

The evangelicals are singled out by the left because they are the only large religious group openly and aggressively pursuing an agenda of using government law and policy to push their values and beliefs on the rest of us.
Liberal secularism in theory is still a faith and ideology.

Old 01-26-2022, 10:43 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,525,368 times
Quote:

"In America we don't even have an immigration problem.
We have a huge ILLEGAL immigrant problem. 2 million plus in joe's first year alone.

Old 01-26-2022, 11:07 PM

52,209 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Maher dislikes two segments of the American population. He hates the evangelical right. And he hates the intersectional woke left. He does have a point IMHO. And to be honest. There is not much difference between a pastor and a PhD professor. You are not allowed to disagree with them.
Good post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies