Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 05:42 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,784,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The vaccines have failed and they are ineffective.

This is fake news. Define failure.

There is a mountain of data, new studies everyday, that say boosted = much better than not boosted and way better than not vaxxed. I've seen that myself in my circle of family and friends.

Old 01-25-2022, 05:44 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
there's no reason to believe Delta is killing 90% of people....unless you believe Delta still makes up a significant % of infections. 156K Delta infections (at peak) led to 2,000 peak deaths/day. Deaths now are the same. By logic, that would mean - despite evidence Delta has receded/Omicron has overtaken - that ~140K of 500K infections (3 weeks ago) or about 30% were Delta. And any 3 week old Delta infection isn't getting monoclonals anyway.
You misunderstand, I am stating that for those that are currently dying of coronavirus, more than 9 out of 10 had the delta variant. Delta is very fatal to people who have co-morbidities.

Omicron, on the other hand, is almost all sniffles and a runny nose

Old 01-25-2022, 05:48 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,276,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Natural immunity (If you've already had alpha and deltaa) doesnt work vs omicron, vaccines barely seem to work to defend infection vs omicron, why would this anti body treatment developed for another strain work?

It's expensive, it doesn't work and it's a waste of money and time vs Omicron. That's why there will no longer be free treatment clinics where we pay for it.

Doctors, hospitals and real health professionals can decide.

Smart move on the Govt's part. Dumb move to fight for something that doesnt work on DeSantis's part.
I'm not so sure about that. Myself along with a few others I know who all had Covid March-May 2020 have been exposed to many, many people who have tested positive for Covid within the last couple months, and who have gone on to infect others (including vaccinated individuals, and I'm assuming Omicron). NONE of us has gotten sick.

So... either we're protected, or the people who tested positive weren't actually sick with Covid and the others who came down with it got it from someone else. Also, latest study from Italy says broad-based antibodies and IgG titers still providing protection at 18 months post-infection.

Old 01-25-2022, 05:50 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The vaccines are losing their effectiveness against omicron, so we should halt them too, eh?

Pfizer CEO says two Covid vaccine doses aren’t ‘enough for omicron’ -CNBC

“We have seen with a second dose very clearly that the first thing that we lost was the protection against infections,” Bourla said. “But then two months later, what used to be very strong in hospitalization also went down. And I think this is what everybody’s worried about.”

South Africa study shows boosters failed to block omicron, bolstering case for face masks, distancing and hand washing - MSN

A study of some of the first breakthrough cases of COVID-19 caused by the highly infectious omicron variant found that booster shots of the mRNA vaccines failed to block that strain, although the infections involved only mild or moderate symptoms, confirming they are effective in preventing serious illness and death.

Israel finds 4th vaccine dose not as effective vs. Omicron

Preliminary results of the world’s first study of a fourth dose of Covid-19 vaccines – the second “booster” dose – indicate it is not effective enough against the current Omicron variant of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

Old 01-25-2022, 05:57 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,044,790 times
Quote:
Do us a Favor (residents of Florida)....Stay where you are...don't come here.

Thank you

Old 01-25-2022, 06:02 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I'm not so sure about that. Myself along with a few others I know who all had Covid March-May 2020 have been exposed to many, many people who have tested positive for Covid within the last couple months, and who have gone on to infect others (including vaccinated individuals, and I'm assuming Omicron). NONE of us has gotten sick.

So... either we're protected, or the people who tested positive weren't actually sick with Covid and the others who came down with it got it from someone else. Also, latest study from Italy says broad-based antibodies and IgG titers still providing protection at 18 months post-infection.
We know that 50 million or so Americans are on immunosuppressant drugs, and do not developing antibodies to the vaccines. Some people can get a vaccine, but they do not develop antibodies.

The study also concluded that "vaccines designed empirically using the traditional approach (consisting of the unmodified or minimally modified coronavirus viral spike to elicit neutralising antibodies), be they composed of protein, viral vector, DNA or RNA and irrespective of delivery method, may worsen COVID-19 disease via antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE)."

Alex Berenson reported on a U.K. study that revealed similar results. The report was filed "COVID-19 Vaccine Surveillance Report Week 42" from the U.K. Health Security Agency, which tackled seropositivity.

Old 01-25-2022, 06:03 PM

15,825 posts, read 6,536,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The vaccines are losing their effectiveness against omicron, so we should halt them too, eh?

Pfizer CEO says two Covid vaccine doses aren’t ‘enough for omicron’ -CNBC

“We have seen with a second dose very clearly that the first thing that we lost was the protection against infections,” Bourla said. “But then two months later, what used to be very strong in hospitalization also went down. And I think this is what everybody’s worried about.”

South Africa study shows boosters failed to block omicron, bolstering case for face masks, distancing and hand washing - MSN

A study of some of the first breakthrough cases of COVID-19 caused by the highly infectious omicron variant found that booster shots of the mRNA vaccines failed to block that strain, although the infections involved only mild or moderate symptoms, confirming they are effective in preventing serious illness and death.

Israel finds 4th vaccine dose not as effective vs. Omicron

Preliminary results of the world’s first study of a fourth dose of Covid-19 vaccines – the second “booster” dose – indicate it is not effective enough against the current Omicron variant of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
Yes. The current vaccines will need to be replaced, much as the influenza vaccine changes each year.

Old 01-25-2022, 06:08 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Do us a Favor (residents of Florida)....Stay where you are...don't come here.

Thank you

They’re too scared to come here.

Old 01-25-2022, 06:10 PM

7,140 posts, read 4,738,653 times
Quote:
Where is the data to demonstrate your claims about delta killing 90%? Seems made up.
This statement from the CDC on 1/12 if you believe the CDC:

Quote: “Most reported Covid-19 deaths in the U.S. are still from the delta variant, not omicron, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said Wednesday.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...says-rcna11924

Old 01-25-2022, 06:11 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,236,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Natural immunity (If you've already had alpha and deltaa) doesnt work vs omicron, vaccines barely seem to work to defend infection vs omicron, why would this anti body treatment developed for another strain work?

It's expensive, it doesn't work and it's a waste of money and time vs Omicron. That's why there will no longer be free treatment clinics where we pay for it.

Doctors, hospitals and real health professionals can decide.

Smart move on the Govt's part. Dumb move to fight for something that doesn't work on DeSantis's part.
My unvaxxed wife and I are alpha (presumably) recovered and withered close proximity, non-isolated (within the home) delta and omicron (again, presumably) infections without being reinfected. We wouldn't know for certain because none of the positive tests referenced were genome sequenced. We asked.

Just as 90-95% of current positive COVID tests. When the CDC throws numbers around like 75% omicron, oh wait, it's only 23% omicron, uh never mind, now it's 99.5% omicron, those ASSumptions are based on the tests sequenced, which again is 5-10% at best.

And the Biden Administration completely controls Regeneron distribution. States, hospitals, and doctors are unable to source it without bowing to Joe Biden.

I am all for the federal government stepping out of the role of medical supply and treatment distributor. But the federal government should get the hell out of the way and let states and local municipalities determine their best course of action. And that means that sans near-instant genome sequencing on 100% of positive COVID tests, doctors/hospitals/states have access to what they deem works based on their diagnosis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies