Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 06:43 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
In your OP, you stated verbatim:

"Clearly, we’re not all going to die."

Ergo, how many deaths are acceptable to you? Or perhaps a better question - Which deaths are acceptable to you? Cancer patients? The elderly? Immunocompromised? Comorbidities?
Geez, that was not his point, so stop trolling already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 06:43 PM

17,602 posts, read 6,890,573 times
Quote:

Ergo, how many deaths are acceptable to you?
How many drug overdoses are acceptable to you?

How much child abuse is acceptable to you?

How many teen suicides are acceptable to you?

All of these things have risen dramatically because of the policies instituted by the COVID cultists and supported by people like you.

Please answer for what you've done.

Old 01-25-2022, 06:44 PM

1,151 posts, read 614,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Wear a properly fitted N95 mask that is designed to keep you safe. Don't fall for the stupid hype and misinformation from Fauci and Biden, and think that you are safe by wearing a useless cloth or paper surgical mask. The N95 mask is not all that effective either, but it's many times better than the ones government has been requiring the general population to wear.
Yep, I’ve seen doctors basically say that using a mask against germs is like trying to block a sand storm with a chain link fence.

Old 01-25-2022, 06:45 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
How many drug overdoses are acceptable to you?

How much child abuse is acceptable to you?

How many teen suicides are acceptable to you?

All of these things have risen dramatically because of the policies instituted by the COVID cultists and supported by people like you.

Please answer for what you've done.
Why don't you go ahead and answer for me - you seem to believe you know all about me.

Old 01-25-2022, 06:46 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stank1964 View Post
It’s a valid question, in my opinion. Before the gov’t scared the bJesus out of us all, we used to treat the cold or flu with over the counter meds. Now, we need a special test and a doctor visit to do the same thing?
Go to the doctor for a cold? For a cold you stay in bed and rest, drink lots of fluids, maybe some tea with ginger or honey. Might need some mucinex for congestion. Stay warm. Colds don't usually last that long if you take care of yourself.

Go to the doctor for the flu? I had the flu quite a lot when I was a kid. It was usually worse than a cold but never that bad. Some people do get very sick from it but I think if you eat well (not junk food) and take care of yourself you'll usually be fine. Older people do get flu shots but I've never thought of the flu as much to bother about. You read every year of a few people in your state who died of it though so it does affect some people adversely.

Covid is different. If it manages to get to the lungs it causes a pneumonia that makes it impossible to breathe. Then there is long covid that can last for who knows how long? There can be other long term effects. It's not just the threat of death, it's the damage. And from what people have said, it has made them very sick. and they felt that they were going to die. But for many people it's nothing, that part is true. But how about everyone else--

Old 01-25-2022, 06:46 PM

Quote:

Ergo, how many deaths are acceptable to you? Or perhaps a better question - Which deaths are acceptable to you? Cancer patients? The elderly? Immunocompromised? Comorbidities?
You just can’t help yourself can you?

Old 01-25-2022, 06:47 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,782,896 times
I think the question here is why are non maskers afraid of wearing a mask in public places? It's not that big of a deal.

Old 01-25-2022, 06:48 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It's "so hard" for intelligent people because we know they don't work. If they actually worked, nobody would have a problem with wearing them AND this pandemic would have ended long ago when they first lied about how wearing a mask "worked."

You can wear a mask forever if you wish. If it works as you seem to believe, there is absolutely no reason for anyone else to wear one.
Well, basic science and physics tells us that those cheap masks are all but useless. The pores in these masks are too large, the virus is too small, the masks don't fit well at all. All these cloth and paper masks do is possibly block large droplets if some sick person tries to sneeze or cough in your face. but if you are feeling sick, stay home, or get tested. If you are out in public, keep your social distance, so you are too far away, in the rare event some inconsiderate sick person tries to sneeze on you.

As Fauci said two years ago.

In the March 2020 on "60 Minutes," Fauci said: “Right now, in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks. There's no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you're in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it's not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is."

Old 01-25-2022, 06:49 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stank1964 View Post
You just can’t help yourself can you?
Why don't you tell me all about it?

You start a thread asking mask wears [sic] what's the fear - I answered. You don't like my answers - then don't ask mask wearers for feedback if you don't want to hear it.

Old 01-25-2022, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Go to the doctor for a cold? For a cold you stay in bed and rest, drink lots of fluids, maybe some tea with ginger or honey. Might need some mucinex for congestion. Stay warm. Colds don't usually last that long if you take care of yourself.

Go to the doctor for the flu? I had the flu quite a lot when I was a kid. It was usually worse than a cold but never that bad. Some people do get very sick from it but I think if you eat well (not junk food) and take care of yourself you'll usually be fine. Older people do get flu shots but I've never thought of the flu as much to bother about. You read every year of a few people in your state who died of it though so it does affect some people adversely.

Covid is different. If it manages to get to the lungs it causes a pneumonia that makes it impossible to breathe. Then there is long covid that can last for who knows how long? There can be other long term effects. It's not just the threat of death, it's the damage. And from what people have said, it has made them very sick. and they felt that they were going to die. But for many people it's nothing, that part is true. But how about everyone else--
My point is/was... for the over whelming number of people that get covid, the doctor sends them home and tells them to take over the counter meds and come back if it gets worse. Maybe that was not clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies