Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2022, 07:41 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,668,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Why is that?
Because my favorite thing about him is how ruthless he can be. It's effective and funny quite frankly. Not to mention to watch the left melt down again, Trump winning 2024 would make the left's meltdown in 2016 look like a walk in the park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdFe-LmFRV8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
It's personal.

Her tearing up his SOTU speech, below the belt. Trump did uncouth things too but tearing up the SOTU just because you think the president is a mean poo poo face, unacceptable

Surely Nancy and dems are aware of this? The news and they are all terrified Trump will be back.

Nancy running will ensure it. The odds of a second Trump presidency increase by the day it seems. The proof is in the pudding. This country is a DISASTER right now, everything costs way more....all of Biden's blunders. His senility.
xoe IS the pudding.

well, his brain anyway.

8,337 posts, read 2,962,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Trump is 75, Biden is 79, and Pelosi is 81.

Nothing can be clearer that anyone over 70 should not be permitted to hold national office.

(And I wonder who of the three will make it to 82? I can only hope for some kind of Fate or Divine Intervention to take over.)
The average 75 yr old has more sense than the average Biden supporter.

Old 01-27-2022, 07:51 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Not sure why R's want Pelosi gone. Her seat is solid democrat and she is widely hated by moderates.

She's one of the big corporate\banking fundraisers for the party and hence why she has stayed in power so long.

I'm not sure whom hates her more, the far right or the far left. LMAO...but the far left...she can knee-cap like the squad found out when they got too full of themselves.
The House has always had vocal factions within each party.

Pelosi has done substantially better than her two Republican predecessors, Boehner and Ryan, in terms of holding the respective majority together. Recall that both Boehner and Ryan resigned because of the in- party politics.

While the likes of AOC and MTG continue to receive a lot of media attention, their ability to influence outcomes is limited and they don’t reflect their respective parties.

House majorities have been flip flopping for years. Every president has needed to function when his party is the majority and minority. Likely, Biden will not be an exception.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:53 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
While the likes of AOC and MTG continue to receive a lot of media attention, their ability to influence outcomes is limited and they don’t reflect their respective parties.
When they're the face in the media, you may not LIKE the reflection, it might not be an accurate reflection but it IS the reflection.

Also when you call them the future of the party etc. etc. well....you set up a collision course.

P.S. I wasn't praising or knocking Pelosi, just explaining how she's got huge clout, huge $$$ abilities and gave the squad a smackdown for getting too full of themselves.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Because my favorite thing about him is how ruthless he can be. It's effective and funny quite frankly.
The problem is that moderates don't find him as funny and would rather have leadership than be entertained.

Don't give me "but Biden" in response, clearly moderates don't like him either at this point.

Trump and Biden are both DOA with moderates.

Old 01-27-2022, 09:04 AM

Quote:
The problem is that moderates don't find him as funny and would rather have leadership than be entertained.

Don't give me "but Biden" in response, clearly moderates don't like him either at this point.

Trump and Biden are both DOA with moderates.
Trump was a very effective leader. His telling CNN and anyone else who deserved it to FO every day were just the cherries on top.

Trump is an entertainer, always has been. And he is without trying, that's what's funny.

"But Biden"? Why can I not ask that? Can you name one good thing he has done for this country??

Old 01-27-2022, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Trump was a very effective leader. His telling CNN and anyone else who deserved it to FO every day were just the cherries on top.

Trump is an entertainer, always has been. And he is without trying, that's what's funny.

"But Biden"? Why can I not ask that? Can you name one good thing he has done for this country??
Moderates don't like Trump.

Old 01-27-2022, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Moderates don't like Trump.
Says you? What are you some professional pollster?

Trump is a moderate himself. What far right crap did he pull?

Another thing I like about him.

Oh and I’m waiting on an example of something good Biden has done from you.

Old 01-27-2022, 11:14 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
Seniors can still be active and functional between 70-75. However, I think it peaks for many at 75, and there seems to be a sharp physical and mental decline afterwards.

I'd also think someone new to political office at an older age (let's say 70 yrs old) would still be fresh with outside experience, than someone who had a political career in the same office over 30 years (who might be just 65 yrs old).
Breyer just gave his remarks at the White House.

He sounds younger than Biden, and he's more than four years older than Biden.

My grandfather was still as sharp as a tack, and was still running his business interests when he was Breyer's age.

Another member of my family was a physician who was world renowned in his field. He initially retired in his early 60s, but that didn't fulfill him, so he went back to seeing patients, and consulting re cases in other parts of the world (didn't go back to surgery though). He was still doing that, still had his license to practice medicine, and was still driving, when he fell (an accident, not because he was infirm) and died as a result of that at the age of 100.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies