Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 11:47 AM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Favorites: , Leondra Kruger (Calif. Sup. Ct.)
Seems to have written very few opinions on judicial matters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leondra_Kruger

On November 24, 2014, Governor Jerry Brown announced the appointment of Kruger to the California Supreme Court.[2] ....she had no prior judicial experience before her appointment to the California Supreme Court... Kruger was confirmed on December 29, 2014, and replaced Associate Justice Joyce L. Kennard, who retired.[17][18] She was sworn in on January 5, 2015,

On the court, Kruger has emerged as an incrementalist,[22] stating that she views her role as, at least in part, "enhanc[ing] the predictability and stability of the law" so as to improve "public confidence and trust in the work of the courts."[23] She is sometimes considered one of the swing votes when the court is occasionally divided.

Her opinions include Barry v. State Bar of California (2017) 2 Cal.5th 318, concerning subject matter jurisdiction and California's anti-SLAPP statute. https://scholar.google.com/scholar_c...=2006&as_vis=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2022, 11:50 AM

6,976 posts, read 2,701,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
As long as it's a black woman. President Biden has made it very clear only a black woman will do, just like the good ol' racist he is. Picking someone, solely because of the color of their skin, is racist.
Biden also promised to "Kill Covid" and serve as a "moderate". Democrats are born liars.

Old 01-26-2022, 11:51 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Sad news.

Old 01-26-2022, 11:51 AM

1,601 posts, read 866,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
It will be interesting to see how the confirmation process works. Will Republicans be as nasty as the Democrats were for the past 3 nominees? Maybe they can baselessly accuse the nominee of rape or something else that is egregious and take measures to basically ruin his/her/their life to try to intimidate him/her/them into removing himself/herself/themself from nomination.

See, I even tried to use Democrat-approved language by including “they”!

At first I thought to myself that there would be no "Spartacus" moment from Cory Booker, and no Handmaid's Tale LARPers about, but after further though I'm convinced they will still be there to heckle every Republican question during the hearings. Fun times.

What I don't see is Sinema and Manchin supporting a radical leftist. Somebody has to put the brakes on this crazy train and so far they've been the ones to do it. I think it also helps that they aren't actually up for election until 2024 so while they know 2022 will be a bloodbath, they have a shot at weathering it if they don't give their opposition any ammo.

The wild card as always is Mitt Romney, who could make a "grand gesture" while mumbling about civility and how the Senate is the world's greatest deliberative body. If I was in Utah I couldn't wait to vote him out of office in a Republican primary.

Old 01-26-2022, 11:53 AM

6,976 posts, read 2,701,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
It'll probably be some "rule" they announce to justify it: "Never in the history of our Republic has a Senate confirmed a nomination by the Democratic party with more than 2 weeks remaining on the Presidential term, when the digits in the year add up to 6, 7, or 8 and there is a female vice President. Everyone knows that rule. We'd be breaking tradition to do so!"
How would that even be possible? McConnell is the MINORITY leader. Schmucky Schumer is the MAJORITY leader.

Old 01-26-2022, 11:55 AM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times
J. Michelle Childs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Michelle_Childs

Julianna Michelle Childs (born March 24, 1966), known professionally as J. Michelle Childs, is a United States district judge of the United States District Court for the District of South Carolina, serving in that role since 2010. She previously served as a circuit court judge based in Columbia, South Carolina.

In November 2014, Childs ruled in favor of two women who sued to have the state to recognize their marriage performed in Washington, D.C., finding South Carolina's failure to recognize their marriage to be unconstitutional.[11][12]

In September 2020, Childs granted a preliminary injunction that blocked South Carolina's absentee ballot witness requirement.[13] A United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit panel initially blocked the injunction granted by Childs, but the full appeals court reinstated it during an en banc session. Ultimately, the injunction was struck down by the Supreme Court of the United States.[14]

Childs has made two decisions related to nuclear reactor facilities in South Carolina. First, in August 2018, Childs refused to enjoin a state law that forced a state utility to cut its customers’ rates after the failed construction of two new nuclear reactors in Fairfield County.[15] Second, in December 2021, Childs rejected a request to enjoin a vaccine mandate from workers at a South Carolina nuclear facility. Childs ruled that the company did not have to continue employing someone who refused to get vaccinated.[16]

Old 01-26-2022, 11:59 AM

17,398 posts, read 14,631,586 times
Found one!

Black, lesbian AND disabled!!

Washington state Supreme Court.

If only she was a biological male.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Whitener

Old 01-26-2022, 12:24 PM

6,797 posts, read 9,347,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
What I don't see is Sinema and Manchin supporting a radical leftist. Somebody has to put the brakes on this crazy train and so far they've been the ones to do it. I think it also helps that they aren't actually up for election until 2024 so while they know 2022 will be a bloodbath, they have a shot at weathering it if they don't give their opposition any ammo.
I think Manchin and Sienema would support an extremist. They’ve supposed other extremist judicial nominees to lower courts as well as extremist nominees to other leadership positions, like the eco-terrorist Tracy Stone-Manning to lead the Bureau of Land Management.

But, you might be right. I can at least respect the measures they HAVE taken so far to rein in this out of control administration.

Old 01-26-2022, 12:34 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
biden saying he will only appoint a black female to the supreme court to replace judge breyer, instead of saying he will nominate the best candidate, is discrimination. prioritizing immutable characteristics such as gender, sexual orientation or skin color over qualifications is par for the course for the biden administration.

Old 01-26-2022, 12:38 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Default Justice Breyer retiring = Hillary Clinton in 24

We'll see how this plays out but here is my prediction.
Biden nominates Kmala Harris to replace Breyer, effectively getting her out of the way. Schumer fast tracks the confirmation in the Senate while they still have control.
Biden then replaces Harris with Hillary Clinton giving her 2 years as vice president to "prove herself" and get a jump on 24 .
24 Rolls around and Biden obviously doesnt run and Kmala is securely out of the way, Hillary with a big head of steam, gets the old band back together and it is Deja Vue all over again. Clinton vs Trump 2.0
This couldn't look anymore orchestrated if it were the 2020 South Carolina democratic primary.

Last edited by silas777; 01-26-2022 at 01:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies