Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should mRRA vacinations be halted?
Yes 63 40.38%
No 52 33.33%
Yes -until more studies are conducted 25 16.03%
No, but study the issue more 16 10.26%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 12:29 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Yes, it is insane.

Every family member of yours got sick.

And yet you say, "it works".

You all probably would've been just as sick (or not) without being vaccinated.
I read that post, my head spun full circle a dozen times, then I moved on.

Old 01-26-2022, 12:29 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I have heard from people recently infected, which suggests omicron. The people consisted of both vaccinated and unvaccinated, and there was no differences between the symptoms or their severity. Even the vaccinated had horrible headaches and "the worst sore throat in my life." In fact, one of my friends had three children living in the house while he was infected two weeks ago, and his kids only got a runny nose, and they were not vaccinated.

Curious how a prior post says their five year old, vaccinated grandchild was sick a couple days, and my friends grade school aged children, who are unvaccinated, were not sick a single day.
I agree. I’ve seen no difference in symptoms based on vaxxed status. If I didn’t know covid existed or if testing wasn’t a widespread thing, I would have thought my younger daughter and I had the flu or maybe even strep throat. My older daughter, a cold and my husband, nothing. I know a lot of vaxxed people who had the full range of symptoms that our family had, some milder than others. I really don’t think the vaccine makes a difference.

Old 01-26-2022, 12:32 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I would never say "vaccines don't work," but...

You are saying your vaccinated granddaughter got infected and got sick, she infected her vaccinated brother and her vaccinated-and-boosted mother, and one of them (the boosted one) got sick. And your own vaccine shot wore off in a matter of months and you got "seriously ill for ten days."

If I were you, my conclusion from that experience would not be "this vaccine works." I would have questions!
Exactly, if it works, why doesn't it work?????

Old 01-26-2022, 12:34 PM

12,040 posts, read 6,568,955 times
I am against vaccine mandates.

But the vaccines do work at preventing serious illness and hospitalizations from Covid.
Article today says My local hospitals are breaking records with surging Covid cases being in ICU and vast majority are unvaccinated.

We find that well over 80% of our inpatients are unvaccinated and 100% of our patients that are on ventilators are unvaccinated,” Horton said.
“The booster is a really key component

Our local Covid death rate has also gone way up, but only with the unvaccinated.

https://www.nbc29.com/2022/01/25/uva...et-vaccinated/

All my neighbors have had some form of Covid this last month, they are all vaccinated and boosted and said having Covid was no big deal. I am high risk, so at this point still very glad I’m vaxed and boosted.

Last edited by mountainrose; 01-26-2022 at 12:43 PM..

Old 01-26-2022, 12:35 PM

4,546 posts, read 2,269,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
My six year old granddaughter was fully vaccinated and she brought it home from school. She was sick for about a day and a half.

She gave it to her older brother and her mom, they were both fully vaccinated and mom was boosted. Mom was sick about three days.

I was not boosted, and it had been about 11 months since my vaccination. I was seriously ill for ten days and recovering for another week afterward.

From my direct family's experience, I am totally in favor of vaccinating the children. No doubt about it.

If they find it is safe to give to three years old, or even two years old, I will recommend it. We only need to await the test results. No, it is not insane, it works.

Vaccines work.

You have a serious case of brainwashing going on here. You were all sick but you're in favor of vaccinating children and say that the vaccines work even though you are all vaccinated and got sick anyway? Huh??

Old 01-26-2022, 12:37 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I agree. I’ve seen no difference in symptoms based on vaxxed status. If I didn’t know covid existed or if testing wasn’t a widespread thing, I would have thought my younger daughter and I had the flu or maybe even strep throat. My older daughter, a cold and my husband, nothing. I know a lot of vaxxed people who had the full range of symptoms that our family had, some milder than others. I really don’t think the vaccine makes a difference.
Nor do I.

Everything else they have told us about it is a lie, so why would anyone believe the last claim, hanging by a thread because it is next to impossible to prove either way, that it reduces severity?

Old 01-26-2022, 12:40 PM

11,025 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Bingo.
I'm have had it up to my eyeballs with these leftists moving the goalposts time and time and time again.
The vaccines are not working as advertised.
Hard disagree.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths-by-vaccination
WVNomad said they do not work as advertised and that I agree with. When I had my second shot, the nurse told me that with the 1st shot I was 90% protected and with the second I was 95% protected. The reality was more like 65% protection I think it was - for delta.

I accept that there is protection as a therapeutic but the vaxx neither prevents infection nor does it prevent transmission which is contrary to what was being told to us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Exactly. I'm going to ask around more, and see if there seems to be any difference in symptoms from omicron in older people regardless of vaccination status. Because so far, everyone gets the same brutal headaches and sore throats, no matter if they had the vax or not. So how exactly is the vax impacting omicron?
Do let us know what you discover. It does seem that for omicron, the risk of vaxx injury is not worth the risk of omicron for me. But in my parts, delta is still dominant as far as I know.

My brother is considering getting vaxxed but is hesitant. He recently had a mild stroke from which he has fully recovered but he is still at risk of strokes and has to take preventative measures. Now, what we understand about the the vaxx side effects (and I have witnessed this) is that the vaxx can aggravate pre-existing conditions. We also know that strokes are one of the adverse effects.

Of course, had he had the vaxx then had a stroke, we would have blamed the vaxx. But if he has the vaxx now, will it trigger another stroke?

Old 01-26-2022, 12:43 PM

37,112 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Current Washington State data:

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Doc...Vaccinated.pdf

Unvaccinated 12-34 year-olds in Washington are
• 2 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 12-34 year-olds.
• 5 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 12-34 year-olds.
Unvaccinated 35-64 year-olds are
• 3 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 35-64 year-olds.
• 7 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 35-64 year-olds.
Unvaccinated 65+ year-olds are
• 4 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 65+ year-olds.
• 7 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 65+ year-olds.
• 11 times more likely to die of COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 65+ year-olds.

By January almost all omicron.

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Doc...antsReport.pdf

Old 01-26-2022, 12:49 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Let that be a lesson: don't take a shot for respiratory virus at the end of said virus's season of high transmission, take it at the beginning, like we've always done. You thought you were protected, because people lied to you about the duration of protection these vaccines give, and they also aggressively obfuscated/buried any talk about seasonal ebb and flow. Going forward, I am figuring that a lot of people will be taking Covid shots in September or October (in the northern hemisphere, especially in the areas that have a real winter).

I'm glad you're feeling better and I wish you a continued smooth recovery.
Two points:

Covid-19 does not seem to be seasonal, in the way that influenza is. We've had peaks of Covid in both summer and winter. So I don't think you can time vaccination.

People did not "lie" about the duration of protection. It was not known how quickly the antibody response would decline. This has been a learning experience for everyone.

Old 01-26-2022, 12:54 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
My brother is considering getting vaxxed but is hesitant. He recently had a mild stroke from which he has fully recovered but he is still at risk of strokes and has to take preventative measures. Now, what we understand about the the vaxx side effects (and I have witnessed this) is that the vaxx can aggravate pre-existing conditions. We also know that strokes are one of the adverse effects.

Of course, had he had the vaxx then had a stroke, we would have blamed the vaxx. But if he has the vaxx now, will it trigger another stroke?
Maybe the vaxx can aggravate pre-existing conditions. But for sure Covid-19 infection can aggravate them. If your brother has an underlying risk factor that is all the more reason he should get vaccinated.

"..had he had the vaxx then had a stroke, we would have blamed the vaxx." Which would be a mistake, because you can't know whether he would have had the stroke anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies