Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2022, 06:29 PM

8,772 posts, read 10,175,047 times

Advertisements

This pandemic cannot end soon enough. Unfortunately it will never die. Truly a shame because the world's stupidity ramped up big time since it began.

As for Spotify, good. Quit pandering to these "my way or the highway" narracists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2022, 08:16 PM

5,713 posts, read 2,164,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I heard today that Spotify is not all the concerned with removing Neil Young, and others, from their channel. They did spend $20 million on Joe Rogen however (and the music isn't making money), so it's not necessarily that they are succumbing to any pressure from the musical artists. I could be wrong though.

I agree that Joe should invite Neil and they can have a dialogue.
This is why Spotify should double down. The world is craving a platform for open dialogue and free thought without the dark censorship shadow of YouTube, Amazon, Apple etc. Spotify is in a position to provide that. They can double down on their winning bet on Rogan to offer deals to other giants in free thought right now, Russell Brand would be a great start, throw a big deal at him now. There is many other young talents as well such as Lex Friedman and Tim Dillon. Secure their content and invest in them, Spotify would would become THE platform for internet intellectuals and personalities and pull massive advertising revenue away from YouTube and Amazon and corporate media. Many are already friends with Rogan, they will come along.

If I could give the CEO of Spotify a message it’s to go for it, right now is the time to capitalize on what you started with Rogan’s contract.

Old 01-31-2022, 08:32 PM

5,027 posts, read 2,230,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Rogan seems more understanding of this whole controversy than most of the right wingers on this thread.

About Neil Young and Joni Mitchell pulling their music from Spotify

‘Neil Young Fan’ Joe Rogan Apologizes, Vows Changes As Pressure On Spotify Grows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Nobody wants to hear what Huffington Post thinks Rogan said... here's the full video from Rogan himself:

Rogan thoughts on Spotify controversy
Yeah, kind of a big difference between the snippet posted at the top, and the actual words coming from Rogan's mouth.

That's EXACTLY why we need someone like Rogan. To allow conversations to happen, to have a debate or put forth information to be looked at and dissected. Not to let the lefty media tell us what they want us to hear.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:17 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,734,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Regarding the Alice Cooper quote, he is certainly free to his opinion as are you, me, Neil Young and everyone else. I think it's crazy to think people like Neil Young, Michel Stipe, Kid Rock or Ted Nugent should hold their opinions in solely because they are famous, but that people like you and me are free to give opinions all day long on various web sites and social media apps. I don't get that POV
I think there is some truth to what Alice said. That said musicians are people too and are allowed to have opinions. That said, when they do express their opinions, they cannot play victim if we don't agree or boycott them for said views. I mean remember conservatives defending Ted, Rock or Hank for their views on Obama but ready to jump on Neil or Demi about their contrarian views to their's? I do not think Neil should not have criticism for his comments (even if personally I agree with what he has done) because he dared to say Spotify is helping spread conspiracy and disinformation (that is his view and to some degree is true.)

Old 01-31-2022, 09:28 PM

13,260 posts, read 22,670,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Any celebrities throwing fits about all the criminals, rapists, murderers and sex traffickers on Spotify?

Or are they all OK with that?

Sex with minors is OK, allowing for opinions on healthcare is not?
I hadn’t realized anyone out there was still listening to Ted Nugent’s back catalog.

Old 02-01-2022, 12:40 AM

31,839 posts, read 14,824,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Yeah, kind of a big difference between the snippet posted at the top, and the actual words coming from Rogan's mouth.

That's EXACTLY why we need someone like Rogan. To allow conversations to happen, to have a debate or put forth information to be looked at and dissected. Not to let the lefty media tell us what they want us to hear.

Really, we don't need these talking heads, who know nothing, to tell us what to believe. It's just their opinion, no facts. Are we really that stupid to listen to these people in order to form our own opinion.

Old 02-01-2022, 12:59 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,236,115 times
Alice Cooper as always has an intelligent take. He's an exceptionally patriotic American and has done more for others less fortunate than gasbag Neil Young would ever consider doing.

I had never listened to one minute of Joe Rogan until Neil loosened his mouth bowels. Now Joe has a new fan. Thank you Neil.

Old 02-01-2022, 04:07 AM

9,881 posts, read 5,547,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Really, we don't need these talking heads, who know nothing, to tell us what to believe. It's just their opinion, no facts. Are we really that stupid to listen to these people in order to form our own opinion.
The irony of this response from someone who routinely bleats the orthodox narrative -- not coincidentally, someone who reads the phrase "to allow conversations to happen, to have a debate or put forth information to be looked at and dissected" and translates it in her head into "talking heads tell[ing] us what to believe" -- is too juicy to pass up unnoted.

Rogan's appeal is that he doesn't claim to be an expert on much of anything (except maybe MMA) and then has conversations with people who ARE experts in their respective fields but sometimes disagree with the establishment line. And for some reason that just scares the living crap out of the establishment and agitates its useful idiots to no end.

Old 02-01-2022, 05:44 AM

24,207 posts, read 9,128,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]Really, we don't need these talking heads, who know nothing, to tell us what to believe.
Says the person who listens to Fauci, CDC, CNN, MSNBC, WHO, and Biden

He's not telling you what to believe, he's having an open dialogue of discussion.

Old 02-01-2022, 05:58 AM

11,537 posts, read 5,601,845 times
Young's opinions are truth - or so many seem to believe. Well believe this:

Neil Young’s homophobic past: he used anti gay slur
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies