Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2022, 05:30 AM

22,597 posts, read 24,409,835 times

Advertisements

There we go, thought-police for the big fail.

Much of what is said in America is shaped by the need to avoid saying
"shameful" things that are true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2022, 05:35 AM

14,855 posts, read 11,990,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...ns-dan-bongino

The Hill article is very vague on the specifics of Mr. Bongino's ban. Of course, the commenters in the Hill article were quick to praise YouTube for this move, even without knowing the specifics of why.

Here's what the Hill article left out: According to Mr. Bongino, the ban was set in motion following a one-week suspension for quoting Dr. Fauci saying that masks don't work. Following the suspension, Mr. Bongino uploaded a video titled, "Why I'm leaving YouTube", and that all future videos would be posted to a YouTube competitor, Rumble. Soon after the posting of that video, YouTube sent a message to Mr. Bongino stating they were permanently banning his account, saying he "tried to evade suspension".

Sourced from his website: https://bongino.com/youtube-permanen...vid-narrative/

What does him posting videos on another platform have to do with his YouTube channel? What he does on other platforms is none of Google's business, and yet they're making it their business. For shame!

I've slowly dwindled down what I watch on YouTube. I also use the Brave browser, so I never see any ads on YouTube and, therefore, Google never sees a dime from me, in that regard. I'm disheartened that an American company would engage in practices found within Communist China.
I wish I could say I was surprised at this turn of events.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:41 AM

5,790 posts, read 2,685,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Eh, masks work, not 100% but they definitely do, have been doing so for 200 years.

So it's only logical Youtube would ban anti-mask people, just like anti-vax folks, because hey - guess what , we are Americans and smarter than some dumbass fake propaganda. At least most of us are. At least those smart enough are. Sad that so many people in this country aren't smart enough. Is it bad that the virus will kill so many of them? Debatable.
He was quoting Dr. Fauci.

Old 01-27-2022, 12:47 PM

292 posts, read 91,493 times
You can find Bongino here:

https://rumble.com/vtepa8-ep.-1693-b...gino-show.html

Old 01-27-2022, 01:59 PM

37,813 posts, read 21,902,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I agree, Rumble is great! I quit Twitter also. Just think what would happen if half the country quit FB, Twitter and Youtube. If we could all do it for a week or so at the same time, I wonder if it would have an affect.
When will they come out with a Rumble app for my LG TV?

Old 01-27-2022, 02:03 PM

37,813 posts, read 21,902,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Eh, masks work, not 100% but they definitely do, have been doing so for 200 years.

So it's only logical Youtube would ban anti-mask people, just like anti-vax folks, because hey - guess what , we are Americans and smarter than some dumbass fake propaganda. At least most of us are. At least those smart enough are. Sad that so many people in this country aren't smart enough. Is it bad that the virus will kill so many of them? Debatable.
Unless you've read any of the dozens of studies over the years which show that wearing masks are not effective in preventing infection from aerosol respiratory viruses.

I'm just so tired trying to explain to this to people that their mask doesn't work, while they argue with their stupid mask, which keeps falling below their nose, blows air out thru the top fogging up their glasses, and is so loose fitting you can see the gaps along the sides.

Maybe an N95 mask works passably, if it's attached to an anatomical test dummy in a controlled environment in a science lab. But put that same mask on your average person, and it's about useless as useless can be.

Old 01-27-2022, 02:06 PM

41,970 posts, read 17,456,258 times
If you voice any opinion that differs from the government's message then you are putting out "misinformation".

One voice...only one voice is allowed.

Old 01-27-2022, 02:12 PM

1,107 posts, read 431,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Biden surrounds himself with qualified people and doesn't denigrate, fight with, and fire them them like the moron who last held the office. The country is far better off and and infinitely stronger with him at the helm than that loser.
OMG, that has to the the least realistic comment I have ever read. joe's staff is comprised of buffoons, many of which were picked either for identity check marks or strict allegiance to the party line. The massive inflation, rampant illegal immigration, possible combat developing with Russia, gas prices, food prices and our embarrassing exit from Afghanistan all point to the poor choices biden has made in staffing.

Trump had many issues with staff, because unlike joe, he picked people who had their own opinions. I have never seen a more obvious indicator of how much politics has become a team event, than the continual defense of joe, who is clearly the most inept president America has ever seen.

Old 01-27-2022, 02:17 PM

5,790 posts, read 2,685,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Unless you've read any of the dozens of studies over the years which show that wearing masks are not effective in preventing infection from aerosol respiratory viruses.

I'm just so tired trying to explain to this to people that their mask doesn't work, while they argue with their stupid mask, which keeps falling below their nose, blows air out thru the top fogging up their glasses, and is so loose fitting you can see the gaps along the sides.

Maybe an N95 mask works passably, if it's attached to an anatomical test dummy in a controlled environment in a science lab. But put that same mask on your average person, and it's about useless as useless can be.
Yep! If you can breathe cold air while wearing a mask, then it isn't doing a darn thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies