Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2022, 07:29 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Reverse racism is still racism.
As a black person, do you actually care that Joe Biden is picking a black woman? Do you actually care what the Supreme Court says? Isn't it just a political appointment?

As long as the democrats are getting what they want, they don't care. The most important constituency for democrats is black women. Virtually all black women vote democrat, and far more black women vote than black men.

No one cares about reverse racism, or even racism, as long as it benefits them. You're just beating your head against the wall here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2022, 07:30 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Reverse racism is still racism.

People assuming your only accomplishments are being born black or female, only leads to more animosity and arguing.
Why would you assume a black woman wouldn't have any a accomplishments? You think all black women are uneducated? You think no black women are lawyers or judges? You think no black women have made successful careers?

You seem to be leaning on a 1950s stereotype when black women weren't allowed to go to college or law school.

Old 01-28-2022, 07:34 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Exceptional people with exceptional qualifications come in all races and genders. One can pick from any group and still find highly qualified people.
I never said otherwise but Biden didn't say the SC justice would be picked based on that he said it would be based on race and gender, specifically. Why can't you understand what is wrong with that?

Old 01-28-2022, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Now your worried about diversity, even though unannounced white males have dominated the court.

You should be more concerned with Trump's plan to appoint justices that will overturn the precedent in Roe than appointing a black woman.
We should all be more concerned about discrimination and racism rather than overturning the killing of babies.

Old 01-28-2022, 07:41 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I never said otherwise but Biden didn't say the SC justice would be picked based on that he said it would be based on race and gender, specifically. Why can't you understand what is wrong with that?
Wrong with what? Are you nitpicking his sentences? He didn't say he was going to pick the dumbest black woman he could find, did he?

That his pick would be qualified for the job is a given in any discussion of a Supreme Court pick, regardless of what other criteria are mentioned.

Old 01-28-2022, 07:44 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,302,957 times
Every president has his method of picking people. Trump picked people he assumed would follow his dictates (hasn't worked so well, but...) so Biden is picking people he thought were under-represented.

Don't forget, the President only suggests nominees to Congress. Congress chooses them.

Old 01-28-2022, 07:45 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
The DNC.and Biden picked a VP. based solely on gender and race, how did that work out ?
Once again picking a canadate based on race and gender.
Insanity,doing the same task over and over expecting a different result.

Old 01-28-2022, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Yes you do.

But that calling out should only be taken seriously if you also called it out when he first promised to do so during the debates.

Can you point to a post that demonstrates that you did that ?

If you’re only objecting to this now, that doesn’t demonstrate that you actually think it is an important and valid consideration. It just demonstrates that you’re still butt hurt that Trump lost.
I've been against Biden since day one and have cited the reasons why during the debates and after he was elected. Why do I need to go back through thousands of posts to prove it to you? Everyone in this forum knows where I stand politically and I was just as appalled that Biden picked a minority female based on only that as I am appalled now that he announced he is picking a SC justice based on the same thing. If she's the most qualified then so be it but how do you know that since he only mentioned skin color and gender?

I have always objected to discrimination and racism so WTH are you talking about? I'm not butt hurt that Trump lost. I have never been one to dwell on the past. Weren't you and yours butt hurt when Trump beat Hillary? Leftists are such hypocrites!

Old 01-28-2022, 07:46 AM

6,667 posts, read 2,975,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Every president has his method of picking people. Trump picked people he assumed would follow his dictates (hasn't worked so well, but...) so Biden is picking people he thought were under-represented.

Don't forget, the President only suggests nominees to Congress. Congress chooses them.
I remember Trump's picks going through that Congress vetting. It was televised, right?. And the Dems were tearing into them,..lol.

I wonder if the Pubs will do the same to her.

Old 01-28-2022, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post

It's a whole lot different picking people who share your idealogies than picking someone based on their skin color and/or gender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies