Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2022, 07:58 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Did you see time for the cops to discuss which of them should shoot at the threat? They all fire pretty much at the same time.

The standoff lasted 30 minutes, seeming that is enough time to create a tactical strategy for use of force.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2022, 08:02 PM

1,695 posts, read 613,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
I would invite you to go to a website called live leak. Or another one called crazysh*t. Com. Go to the search box and type in knife attack. Then come back and tell me how just because this guy had a knife they should’ve reason with him longer. Once you learn what a knife can actually do to somebody. Those websites are real videos. When you’ve watched about a dozen of those videos, then we can engage further in this debate.
Yeah, and most people don’t realize how quickly ground can be covered. It only takes a couple of seconds from 15’ feet away to lunge, sprint and bury the knife in someone. Less than that if you are fast.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:03 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,146 times
as said previously that must have been the outcome of a larger crime with all those cops involved and they were worked up.....probably not procedure to go back to car and get shot gun and shoot out his legs..because the video shows suicide by cop/murder IMO only explanation is emotional involvement (could have shot at officer earlier)...

Old 01-27-2022, 08:06 PM

78,421 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
The standoff lasted 30 minutes, seeming that is enough time to create a tactical strategy for use of force.
Sure. How about this?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...%26FORM%3DVDRE

Old 01-27-2022, 08:12 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yes they are. This wasn’t one of them.
Okay, it's time to put a stop to this nonsense. Did you happen to watch the video? If so, did you carefully watch it all the way to the end. Okay, so assuming you watched to the end then I am also guessing you saw this man literally whip his arm up at the end of the video as if he had a gun and point the weapon in his hand at police right before they shot him. This man's actions directly led to his demise. Period. I watched this video over and over just trying to see if I could make out what he had in his hand. I could not tell. Odds are, these officers also could not tell that this man was only holding a box cutter. He definitely didn't whip it out like it was a box cutter. He pulled it like it was a gun. So weather you like it or not, this shooting was justified. I know, I know, but there were so many cops there. Why does that matter? 2 cops, or 20 cops, the results will be the same when you act the way this man acted. Personally, this looked like "suicide by cop" to me. Regardless, by law, this shooting was justified. And not just for a police officer. I am permitted to carry a concealed weapon. Had I been on the street, and this same man came at me brandishing a box cutter, I too would be justified in pulling my weapon and putting him down. This man brought this on himself. A sad end to a bad situation which could have been avoided if this man had simply gone down on the ground and obeyed the orders being issued to him by law enforcement.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:29 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Sounds like they all fired at once.

It'd be worse if only one of them fired, wouldn't it?

One way of looking at that, is of the 11 or 12 cops there, the vast majority decided simultaneously, that the guy was a lethal threat at that very moment. That's not a bad instant peer review.

The head-scratcher is the guy who fired a second or two later. He may need more fast-response training.
Co-operation or Cop-operation?

To me, there is a difference between co-operate and cooperate.

I don't think that was a good operation at all.

Just another Cop-Op.

Cop Op, Pop Pop, s'wut.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:32 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Why wasnt this on the evening news?
Why should it be?

How many other things of more import are featured on the evening news, than this one crazy man threatening cops with a box cutter?

Old 01-27-2022, 08:45 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Will this be on CNN?
I cannot find it on their web site... or the Fox News site either.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:46 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,265,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Why wasnt this on the evening news?
If one were cynical, one might attribute the lack of coverage due to certain attributes of the individual who was shot. My guess is that this will eventually make the rounds, it just lacks that certain, je ne sais quoi, that many contemporary "news" outlets are focused on.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:49 PM

31,052 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Looks like overkill, and Suicide by cop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies