Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2022, 09:40 AM

5,101 posts, read 2,047,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Really sad and disappointed as I was a big fan of Neil’s music……
And also a fan of Rogan.
Yeah, as a old trope or cliche might said: "Live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2022, 10:04 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
- Mark Twain

Old 01-29-2022, 10:42 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Joni Mitchell is now "The Man" also.

Old 01-29-2022, 10:56 AM

5,101 posts, read 2,047,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Joni Mitchell is now "The Man" also.
As well as Peter Frampton.

I wonder if Neil Young, Joni Mitchell and Peter Frampton will do a "Pikachu surprising face" if we told them then some of the 270 doctors who complained to Joe Rogan are the Milli Vanelli of medecine and science?

Jimmy Dore posted a vlog about the 270 "doctors".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUavjbM3gi4

Last edited by Hrw-500; 01-29-2022 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: wrong clip

Old 01-29-2022, 12:13 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Now that Neil Young, Joni Mitchell and Peter Frampton’s music is gone. I predict if they also lose David Soul’s “don’t give up on us” and William Shatner’s rendition of “rocket man”, Spotify will fold.

Old 01-29-2022, 12:21 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I use spotify -- it's cheap and easy.

But if more artists start dropping I'll be shopping I guess.

UGH.

I don't care if Rogan is on Spotify -- that's not why I would leave. I have a choice to listen or not.

But I will leave if enough music isn't on Spotify.

We'll see how far this goes.
I'm a little worried more artists will leave Spotify as is the app I use to stream music. If enough do, I'll have to go back to the free version, I guess. I hope it does not come to that

Old 01-29-2022, 12:27 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Neil Young is a Canadian. I wonder if he's pissed at all those thousands of Truckers up in Canada who are protesting crazy mandates proposed by an idiot. Anyway, Neil Young is a brilliant musician and businessman. He was never much of a hippy, just looked like one. As far as his wealth is concerned, last I saw he was worth around 40 million dollars. He donated plenty to charity, much of it do to with his two sons who have Cerebral Palsy.

There is an old YouTube video taken back in the 1970s, I believe, of him walking into a record store in Canada searching for albums of his music both solo and with CSNY. He gathered several albums and told the store clerk he was walking out the store with those albums and he is not going to pay for them. The clerk ask him why? He told him that he was Neil Young and these albums are bootlegs (counterfeit) and he is taking them. The clerk asked Neil if he could just hang on and allow him to call the owner of the store, Neil agreed. The Clerk called the owner, explained the situation. The owner informed the clerk to allow him to leave with the albums.....Out the door went Neil......Businessman all the way...
As of 2020, he is an American citizen.

Old 01-29-2022, 12:37 PM

830 posts, read 486,094 times
I am a bit concerned that many more musicians/artists could follow and there could be an effect on Spotify. I really hope I'm wrong, but you know how many of these people are wokescolds. Think if the likes of Radiohead and Pearl Jam joined in.

So far it looks like the freedom of speech side is winning, due to the enormous popularity of Joe Rogan - but I hate to see it decided in this manner.

Also, I think the plot is about to thicken a bit. Joe Rogan usually does a podcast or three every couple of days. I'm sure he's going to have a guest on soon that will discuss this whole incident. That will certainly trip some triggers.

I've always been a Rogan fan, and liked his podcast. He's now looking like the last stand against the Grand Narrative. #thanksJoeRogan

Old 01-29-2022, 12:39 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,897,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post

I've always been a Rogan fan, and liked his podcast. He's now looking like the last stand against the Grand Narrative. #thanksJoeRogan

I prefer to think of him as the Pied Piper of a New Age of Freedom.

Old 01-29-2022, 12:44 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Young isn't calling for Rogan to be banned in the USA and Canada.
He's asking his business partner to cease doing business with a guy he thinks has no integrity.

That's not censorhip.

Why is it you folks all want to shut down the NFL because you don't like the woke message and say that's not censorship but this is?
WTF are you talking about? Young says you can have Rogan or you can have Young. That's an ultimatum to cancel Rogan's free speech ie CENSOR him, or remove his music. Your spin is just pure BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies