Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2022, 05:44 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,464,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
"Living in his parents' basement" is just one of the issues, and indicative of a deeper problem with young men today.

I work in an office that sees a lot of people, aged 18-28. The product requires filling out paperwork, showing ID, and is costly.

Easily 75% of the young men (boys, really) come in with their mothers. But it doesn't stop there. Almost every single one that comes in with mommy has paperwork that has been filled out by mommy, any questions asked of the man is answered first by mommy, they live with mommy, mommy pays, and the man/boy lists "unemployed" in the section that asks for job information. About half have no ID, such as a drivers license, work ID, insurance card, etc. And almost 100% of them avoid eye contact, and play on their phones during the whole process.

One of the girls in our office is 28 years old, and laments that there seems to be 2 types of men out there right now. Men/boys, and bad boys. She finds both of them unattractive. The older women in our office always tell her that we're glad we're not of dating age right now, since we feel the same.

She could just date a man in his 50s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2022, 06:42 PM

9,094 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
You're saying that men who are celibate should contribute less to women and society?
Yes, starving the beast is the most effective way to elicit change.

Old 01-29-2022, 06:58 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
A guy can go to the woman's house or apartment. But first he has to go out and meet someone. You will never meet anyone by staying home and waiting for someone to come knock on your front door.

Maybe I am getting too old to understand, but this whole incel phenomenon has me totally puzzled. I was wondering if any of these unfortunate young men have had their testosterone or other hormone levels tested. Unless one is eating organic, our food supply is overloaded with chemicals and hormones. Could that be part of the problem?
No, and it's not too puzzling to understand why. They are homely looking guys most desirable girls would not take any pride in being seen with. So, they have acquired a lot of refusals from women, since being in their teens. Later on, in life when they go out to a night club or bar to ask a girl for a dance, she will get a sour look on her face and say no. But when asked by a good-looking guy, she will act all thrilled about it and say yes. There are just so many refusals a homely guy will take from women before he finally gives up. Good looking guys don't know or appreciate how lucky they are. But they have simply discovered themselves likely before they're out of high school by loving how easy it is for beautiful women to fall for them.

Old 01-29-2022, 07:00 PM

1,655 posts, read 775,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
"Living in his parents' basement" is just one of the issues, and indicative of a deeper problem with young men today.

I work in an office that sees a lot of people, aged 18-28. The product requires filling out paperwork, showing ID, and is costly.

Easily 75% of the young men (boys, really) come in with their mothers. But it doesn't stop there. Almost every single one that comes in with mommy has paperwork that has been filled out by mommy, any questions asked of the man is answered first by mommy, they live with mommy, mommy pays, and the man/boy lists "unemployed" in the section that asks for job information. About half have no ID, such as a drivers license, work ID, insurance card, etc. And almost 100% of them avoid eye contact, and play on their phones during the whole process.

One of the girls in our office is 28 years old, and laments that there seems to be 2 types of men out there right now. Men/boys, and bad boys. She finds both of them unattractive. The older women in our office always tell her that we're glad we're not of dating age right now, since we feel the same.
This makes it sound like men are bad and women are by their very nature just super adjusted/responsible/mature/independent. I bet there’s waaaaay more young women that are dependent to some degree on their parents, the government or a man.

Now do men hold it against women to the same degree for not being independent? Seems most men really don’t care where a woman lives.

Old 01-29-2022, 07:11 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
No, and it's not too puzzling to understand why. They are homely looking guys most desirable girls would not take any pride in being seen with. So, they have acquired a lot of refusals from women, since being in their teens. Later on, in life when they go out to a night club or bar to ask a girl for a dance, she will get a sour look on her face and say no. But when asked by a good-looking guy, she will act all thrilled about it and say yes. There are just so many refusals a homely guy will take from women before he finally gives up. Good looking guys don't know or appreciate how lucky they are. But they have simply discovered themselves likely before they're out of high school by loving how easy it is for beautiful women to fall for them.
How did "homely men" find partners in past decades?

Maybe some of them need to learn how to groom themselves and dress like a mensch before they go out. Might help some of them.

Maybe some of them need to realize the pretty girls are not for them. There are plenty of plain Janes out there who are actually nice people.

Maybe I still don't get it.

Last edited by ansible90; 01-29-2022 at 07:47 PM..

Old 01-29-2022, 07:17 PM

811 posts, read 550,720 times
Losers have always existed but this generation of incel American men don’t even deserve to live.

This is a man’s world and these guys want to dwell in their misery instead of gaining skills and making themselves valuable? They have no wars to deal with like our forefathers either.

There are a million ways to make a $1M now. There are barbers who make 6 figures. There are 10-year olds making money off NFT’s and Crypto. There are endless online boot camps where you can learn programming. Guys playing Twitch that are making money literally having people watch them play video games.

And they still want to sit in their mom’s house complaining about women??

I’ve seen single moms with more hustle than a lot of these guys today who are just lazy. They wanted to tell “college is a scam” meanwhile the women they’re complaining about surpassing them took school seriously.

I don’t feel bad. More opportunities for me. Less competition from these bums. Plus with feminism it’s less work to have sexual relations with women which is great. If you can’t get laid in this day and age where women are freely doing it all, the problem is you…

Old 01-29-2022, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
Losers have always existed but this generation of incel American men don’t even deserve to live.

This is a man’s world and these guys want to dwell in their misery instead of gaining skills and making themselves valuable? They have no wars to deal with like our forefathers either.

There are a million ways to make a $1M now. There are barbers who make 6 figures. There are 10-year olds making money off NFT’s and Crypto. There are endless online boot camps where you can learn programming. Guys playing Twitch that are making money literally having people watch them play video games.

And they still want to sit in their mom’s house complaining about women??

I’ve seen single moms with more hustle than a lot of these guys today who are just lazy. They wanted to tell “college is a scam” meanwhile the women they’re complaining about surpassing them took school seriously.

I don’t feel bad. More opportunities for me. Less competition from these bums. Plus with feminism it’s less work to have sexual relations with women which is great. If you can’t get laid in this day and age where women are freely doing it all, the problem is you…
I’m sorry but this just sounds like pie in the sky motivational bravado.

What percentage of dating age men under say 40 actually have $1M in net worth? 1 or 2%? Obviously everyone can’t be in that 1-2%. It doesn’t make a man lazy — it just makes him normal.

Yes, a lot of single mothers have a lot of hustle, but a lot (probably more) are also barely scraping by and probably shouldn’t have had children without being married or having some sort of career.

This is another post that just sounds like someone saying men are often weak and lazy and women by their nature are stronger and more independent.

Old 01-29-2022, 08:22 PM

811 posts, read 550,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
I’m sorry but this just sounds like pie in the sky motivational bravado.

What percentage of dating age men under say 40 actually have $1M in net worth? 1 or 2%? Obviously everyone can’t be in that 1-2%. It doesn’t make a man lazy — it just makes him normal.

Yes, a lot of single mothers have a lot of hustle, but a lot (probably more) are also barely scraping by and probably shouldn’t have had children without being married or having some sort of career.

This is another post that just sounds like someone saying men are often weak and lazy and women by their nature are stronger and more independent.
Take net worth off the table, you don’t need $1M network to be comfortable in America and you know that.

I provided numerous examples of options men have now to literally make money from the comfort of their homes (the same homes they’re spending hours in playing video games, watching p0rn, and ranting on Reddit forums about life). Back then men would have to do dangerous jobs to earn a living and now it’s not the case. What is the excuse? In high school most honors and AP classes are women, what is stopping boys from enrolling? Don’t tell me “school is feminized”. Capitalism is a man’s game and women are still playing it.

In regards to the single moms. The scraping by you’re right. But again, they are scraping by to their credit in their own homes/apartments.. These “men” are literally complaining about women when more often than not their shelter is provided by a female (either grandma, mom, or girlfriend). Even if you take Black America for example, women are often the heads of most households.

You never answered my question. What is stopping these incels from going to barber school (everyone needs haircuts everywhere)? What is stopping them from going on Harvard and taking one of their free online courses? What is stopping them from going on YouTube and learning dropshipping?

You’re telling me these men have enough money to spend on OnlyFans models, marijuana, and UberEats but can’t use that money for a 6-months course on E-Commerce?

Haven’t we been telling minorities for decades “pull yourself by your bootstraps”? Why can’t these losers do the same? This is America.

Old 01-29-2022, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
How did "homely men" find partners in past decades?

Maybe some of them need to learn how to groom themselves and dress like a mensch before they go out. Might help some of them.

Maybe some of them need to realize the pretty girls are not for them. There are plenty of plain Janes out there who are actually nice people.

Maybe I still don't get it.
I think living in a digital world has to some degree thrown a wrench into how people meet others.

In an online environment where the fear of rejection is nullified, women, even homely ones are approached by many, many, many more men than in the past. I mean ask any average-ish looking woman who has created an online dating profile — odds are she’s been approached by more men than she has time to reply to. This essentially inflates the perceived value that an average person may have of their self.

Old 01-29-2022, 08:27 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Define decent life.

Let's pretend every single person worked just as hard as you. Will everyone be "upper middle class" like you? Why or why not?
A decent life is a content life. Hard work provides an opportunity, it does not guarantee outcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies