Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 02:36 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyandMarried View Post
Woa - warning, warning, racism showing, racism showing, abort, abort .....
I am sorry but that "abort abort" part made me laugh so hard I chocked on my root beer!!!!!

Old 01-04-2007, 02:37 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,881 times
People from China, Taiwan, and Japan are not considered South East Asians, those are Vietnamese, Loas, Cambodians, Thai, Burma, Indonesia, Phillipines.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:44 PM

[quote=english_teacher;249506]Racism isn't hatred against blacks. QUOTE]

I wouldn't tell a black person this, you might suffer a major beat down.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:00 PM

[quote=TNLove;249758]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post

And what does this say about their behavior when that stereotype is perpetrated? Then again -- when 15% of the population commits 58% of the violent crime, I would say that, perhaps, violence is their forte.

It certainly is in the formally-White built South Africa which now has more crime then it ever did under apartheid (go figure it's Africa's biggest economy).
"Their Behavior or Some of the People's Behavior" 99% of black people I've met were kind as can be. Your percentage stat is SO OFF I don't know where to begin.

What is your point? Black People are more likely to commit crimes out of slavery in South Africa. I suggest you taking a multi-cultural class.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:03 PM

Most of the blacks I have met have been very nice and we got along great. I have met a few trouble makers and some that hated whites, and I see ALOT of gang members, but few have bothered me. I wonder if has something to do with where you live?

Old 01-04-2007, 03:08 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Lightbulb Clarification-

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms003 View Post
I agree with the above post.So it looks like it is better than England.Last year a teenager was killed because he was black here in UK.
Things like that happen here. You don't hear about it on Fox News though. Abner Louima, in NYC was beaten- there are incidents in South Florida also, and alot of tension. Perhaps California is better- I haven't lived there.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:19 PM

211 posts, read 290,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
What is your point? Black People are more likely to commit crimes out of slavery in South Africa. I suggest you taking a multi-cultural class.
And I suggest you take a history class.
There never was Black slavery in South Africa and under apartheid there was Black immigration to South Africa -- quite a lot of it I may add.

And I would also like to know, if your remark was right -- which it's not -- would cause there be be a "baby rape" epidemic in South Africa and all kinds of other senseless violent crime.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:22 PM

211 posts, read 290,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Things like that happen here. You don't hear about it on Fox News though. Abner Louima, in NYC was beaten- there are incidents in South Florida also, and alot of tension. Perhaps California is better- I haven't lived there.
There is much more Black on White crime than White on Black crime. In the UK a Muslim and Black minority commit much more disproportional amounts of crime towards Whites. Parts of London resemble a Third World City in Nigeria or Pakistan.

Last Halloween, in the United States, a group of 10 Black youths beat up 3 Whites. Have you heard this on the mainstream media? No -- Probably not because it's only on there the rare time a White does something against a Black. Case in point the Duke Rape Liar.

I suggest you read up on the "Long Beach Trial" or view crime statistics if you want to see what the real statistics are with regards to interracial crime.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:23 PM

409 posts, read 1,236,946 times
Here is, what I call a 'racist test'. It's very simple - just substitute one color for another. If it's 'racist' for one color, it should be 'racist' for all, right? I mean, there is no 'double standard', is there?

Let's get started:

Black Entertainment Television
becomes
White Entertainment Television (somewhere Jesse Jackson just sat up in bed ...)

National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
becomes
National Association for the Advancement of White People

How is it that if the color 'black' is involved it isn't racism, but if you substitute the color white it is racism?

Hmmmmmm?

Old 01-04-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyandMarried View Post
Here is, what I call a 'racist test'. It's very simple - just substitute one color for another. If it's 'racist' for one color, it should be 'racist' for all, right? I mean, there is no 'double standard', is there?

Let's get started:

Black Entertainment Television
becomes
White Entertainment Television (somewhere Jesse Jackson just sat up in bed ...)

National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
becomes
National Association for the Advancement of White People

How is it that if the color 'black' is involved it isn't racism, but if you substitute the color white it is racism?

Hmmmmmm?
jessie Jackson quote, funny funny!!!
WhaT about the United Negro College Fund?
United White College Fund.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies