Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2022, 01:22 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
You should do exactly what you're doing if you don't like the choices you have. And clearly it's people like you that can make a difference in local elections even more so, versus those that just vote on a party line.
If nothing else, I think we can do better than what we have now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2022, 05:02 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
More and more democrats are sounding like this man. Which is a good thing. Many I know swear to never vote democrat again thanks to joey
Biden is the "Never Vote Democrat" Poster Boy.

Old 01-30-2022, 06:34 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If nothing else, I think we can do better than what we have now.
Spongebob would be better.

Old 01-31-2022, 08:18 AM

52,199 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
It's interesting that the guy said that the party is becoming unrecognizable. I used that same wording up thread when describing how my FIL would have felt if he was alive today about the Dems.

Free speech
Anit-illegal immigration
Pro working class Americans
Common sense middle of the road values

Those are just a few things off the top of my head that they Dems used to support

Old 01-31-2022, 10:21 AM

1,069 posts, read 745,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
He's not alone:

Bill Maher: It's not my fault that the party of FDR and JFK is turning into the party of LOL and WTF.

How the Left Was Lost

In reality the party of FDR and JFK has become the party of Marx, Ingels, Lenin and Stalin.

Old 01-31-2022, 01:20 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
So if you put up an opposing argument you are "off topic" or trolling??
I hear that on days when a certain someone is the moderator.

No point posting a thing. She deletes it all for trolling or off topic.

But the guy who is disappointed with the democrats lost me when he said he supported Harris from day 1. That tells me he knows little about blue dogs.

Old 01-31-2022, 02:09 PM
nng

695 posts, read 289,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
He's not alone:

Bill Maher: It's not my fault that the party of FDR and JFK is turning into the party of LOL and WTF.

How the Left Was Lost
Bill Maher is a liberal I respect. He's for free speech and critisized Islam when other liberals wouldn't dare. He's the type of liberal that I agree with on a lot of things.

Old 01-31-2022, 02:12 PM

52,199 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
Bill Maher is a liberal I respect. He's for free speech and critisized Islam when other liberals wouldn't dare. He's the type of liberal that I agree with on a lot of things.
Bill Maher is the old school free speech advocate type of liberal. What these people on the left are doing is getting conflated so everything that is really more progressive leftist is now generically being called Liberal.

It kind of annoys me because I consider myself more of the classic definition of Liberal, but oh well, what can ya do?

Old 01-31-2022, 03:07 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,001,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Why even bother....

Unless it's a Ross Perot - a guy with money - who can get his message out - get the polling numbers, and be included in the debates....

YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME.

And I'm a registered Libertarian for at least 15 years, but would never bother voting L in a national election.
Now imagine if millions thought like you did. Voting for someone they don't want, because "it's pointless to vote for a desirable 3rd party".

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, isn't it? Might as well not vote, it's just one anyways, not gonna make a difference?

Vote for the candidate you want to represent you! Anything else is a bad vote. Oh, and let's fix those gerrymandering/electoral college messes etc.

Old 01-31-2022, 04:11 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
Now imagine if millions thought like you did. Voting for someone they don't want, because "it's pointless to vote for a desirable 3rd party".

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, isn't it? Might as well not vote, it's just one anyways, not gonna make a difference?

Vote for the candidate you want to represent you! Anything else is a bad vote. Oh, and let's fix those gerrymandering/electoral college messes etc.
It depends.

If the Libertarians have even a slim chance they need to get more traction

Check out SAM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies