Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2022, 11:11 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,905,699 times

Advertisements

And only 29% support going into Ukraine.

Quote:
An ABC News/Ipsos poll released Sunday shows Joe Biden has lost support of the American people, including losing a majority of Democrats, on key issues facing the country, most notably rejecting Biden’s pledge to only consider a Black woman for the Supreme Court and Biden sending U.S. troops to Eastern Europe in the Ukraine-Russia crisis. The poll also delivered crushing news for Biden on his handling of the economy with only one percent believing the economy is “excellent” and just 23 percent say the economy is “good”.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...supreme-court/

If even a Fake News poll is this bad for Brandon, imagine what a real poll would show!

Just absolutely epic bad news for Dems ahead of the mid terms - and it keeps on coming!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2022, 04:43 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,592,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
And only 29% support going into Ukraine.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...supreme-court/

If even a Fake News poll is this bad for Brandon, imagine what a real poll would show!

Just absolutely epic bad news for Dems ahead of the mid terms - and it keeps on coming!
{shrug} I voted for Trump in '16 & '20, but I just can't get worked up about this issue. Surely there are a number of Black women who are qualified. Can't possibly be any worse than Sotomayor or Kagan.

I hereby nominate Condi Rice or Candace Owens.

Old 01-30-2022, 04:55 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,954,555 times
Didn't biden say something about not caring what polls show? Clearly he doesn't.

Old 01-30-2022, 04:56 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times
Wonder if they took the poll when the pledge was to appoint a white woman?

Even the media is feeding this narrative that somehow Biden is the first to state beforehand who he would appoint.

Trump was giddy when he proudly boasted he would be appointing a woman. Hadn't decided which one -- just that it would be a woman.

But I guess we all knew it would be a white woman so nobody got their knickers in a knot -- because that seems to be the only difference here.

Old 01-30-2022, 05:05 PM

27,163 posts, read 15,341,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
{shrug} I voted for Trump in '16 & '20, but I just can't get worked up about this issue. Surely there are a number of Black women who are qualified. Can't possibly be any worse than Sotomayor or Kagan.

I hereby nominate Condi Rice or Candace Owens.

Yes, surely there are but that is not the point of the matter.

Surely there are a number of Asian women who are qualified.

Surely there are a number of Native American women who are qualified.

Surely there are a number of White women who are qualified.

Surely there are a number of Black men who are qualified.

Surely there are a number of Asian men who are qualified.

Surely there are a number of Native American en who are qualified.

Surely there are a number of White men who are qualified......and so on.

We should be choosing the best nominee out of all qualified regardless of race, ethnicity, or gender.

Old 01-30-2022, 05:06 PM

21,953 posts, read 9,532,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Wonder if they took the poll when the pledge was to appoint a white woman?

Even the media is feeding this narrative that somehow Biden is the first to state beforehand who he would appoint.

Trump was giddy when he proudly boasted he would be appointing a woman. Hadn't decided which one -- just that it would be a woman.

But I guess we all knew it would be a white woman so nobody got their knickers in a knot -- because that seems to be the only difference here.
There was NEVER a pledge to appoint a white woman and you know it.

Old 01-30-2022, 05:09 PM

9,376 posts, read 6,989,562 times
It's outright racism and sexist for Biden to say I need me a black woman for VP and another for US Supreme Court.

Old 01-30-2022, 05:12 PM

1,655 posts, read 777,140 times
It’s a disgusting, pandering and racist pledge by Biden. He’s sick.

Old 01-30-2022, 05:15 PM

25,820 posts, read 18,857,526 times
Good to hear that 76% of the populace is against racism. That's actually a bit of good news in a bleak time.

Old 01-30-2022, 05:32 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,592,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post

Yes, surely there are but that is not the point of the matter.

Surely there are a number of Asian women who are qualified.

Surely there are a number of Native American women who are qualified.

Surely there are a number of White women who are qualified.

Surely there are a number of Black men who are qualified.

Surely there are a number of Asian men who are qualified.

Surely there are a number of Native American en who are qualified.

Surely there are a number of White men who are qualified......and so on.

We should be choosing the best nominee out of all qualified regardless of race, ethnicity, or gender.
Sorry, but no. Fact is there is not, nor ever will be, a consensus of who the "best nominee" would be, or the various criteria that would be used.

Just admit your own prejudice and say you want another white male.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies