Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2022, 05:10 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,813,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. I haven’t argued against it at all as I said to each their own in using it…but thank you for proving my point that it’s okay for black folks and not white folks. If white folks used it in public and in song lyrics the outrage would be huge. Very refreshing to hear the truth.

I recall a thread here about a white girl singing a song and quoting its lyrics and 2 black girls beat her up. Such sad hypocrisy.
It's absolutely 100% acceptable for black people to use the word. It's absolutely 100% unacceptable for white people to use the word. Is that clear enough for you? Do you seriously feel discriminated against because you shouldn't use one word? It's been your total focus, the whole black/white thing, throughout this entire thread. It's a weird obsession and you might want to look into why this bothers you so much.

Last edited by goldenlove; 02-14-2022 at 05:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
So as long as I don’t use it as a slur then I’m good, I can use it all I like? By the way, I’ve seen plenty of black people use it as a slur.
Of course you have.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:12 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,186,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxrob View Post
Guns and Roses- “One in a Million.”
Yep, we’re up to 5 songs so far.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:15 PM

2,602 posts, read 1,203,216 times
The show was solid, better than typical years.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
It's absolutely 100% acceptabel for black people to use the word. It's absolutely 100% unacceptable for white people to use the word. Is that clear enough for you? Do you seriously feel discriminated against because you shouldn't use one word? It's been your total focus, the whole black/white thing, throughout this entire thread. It's a weird obsession and you might want to look into why this bothers you so much.
Thanks for proving the hypocrisy. Many try to defend it.

I don’t feel discriminated against at all. I don’t have sensitive feelings that get hurt.

Lol. Doesn’t bother me at all. Throughout the entire thread folks haven’t wanted to admit the hypocrisy. You did and I applaud you for it. Thank you!

Old 02-14-2022, 05:19 PM

8,328 posts, read 2,958,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
So if it wasn’t all black performers, what are you complaining about?
How about a little diversity in music. It wasn’t all black but it was all rap.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks for proving the hypocrisy. Many try to defend it.

I don’t feel discriminated against at all. I don’t have sensitive feelings that get hurt.

Lol. Doesn’t bother me at all. Throughout the entire thread folks haven’t wanted to admit the hypocrisy. You did and I applaud you for it. Thank you!
There's no hypocrisy. You just want there to be. If you are black, you can use the word. It's really simple, but apparently too difficult for you to understand. You have spent two days arguing for why you should be able to use that word with impunity. Sorry, that's not going to happen.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
There's no hypocrisy. You just want there to be. If you are black, you can use the word. It's really simple, but apparently too difficult for you to understand. You have spent two days arguing for why you should be able to use that word with impunity. Sorry, that's not going to happen.
That’s the definition of hypocrisy. What’s good for one group isn’t good for another.

Lol at 2 days. The halftime show was last night.

I already said I don’t use the word and have no need or want to do so. You’ve proven what I said and I thanked you for it.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:27 PM

8,328 posts, read 2,958,558 times
Quote:
Nah, you were also. Remember “one word”.

You should take your own advice as your posts to try to prove your narrative get longer each time.

Please tell me why is it’s okay for black folks to use the N word but not white folks?
Double standards don’t fly. It’s ok for anyone to use any word. It’s a “word”. Not an illegal firearm. Can you imagine a law where certain words are illegal? That would be crazy.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Double standards don’t fly. It’s ok for anyone to use any word. It’s a “word”. Not an illegal firearm. Can you imagine a law here certain words are illegal?
Totally agree, however, if white folks used it in public and in their song lyrics the outrage would be huuuuge. The double standards, hypocrisy, etc…, is hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies