Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2022, 07:41 PM

1,655 posts, read 774,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
“I don’t care Trump doesn’t like black people,” reminds me of what your boy Kanye said about GW BUSH. One doesn't need to be a LEFTIST to dislike President Trump. He made it quite easy for the common non political American to dislike him.
Most celebs vocally opposing Trump are indeed leftist. Dems pulled out all the stops in using the power of celebrity influence in 2016 and especially 2020. I think it kinda backfired though because Trump won in 2016 and ~75 million decided they didn’t care what celebs said in 2020. And oddly enough Trump picked up more of the black vote in 2020 than 2016….which is kinda amazing considering “racist” was shouted from the rooftops for 4 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 08:30 PM

13,684 posts, read 7,973,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
Most celebs vocally opposing Trump are indeed leftist. Dems pulled out all the stops in using the power of celebrity influence in 2016 and especially 2020. I think it kinda backfired though because Trump won in 2016 and ~75 million decided they didn’t care what celebs said in 2020. And oddly enough Trump picked up more of the black vote in 2020 than 2016….which is kinda amazing considering “racist” was shouted from the rooftops for 4 years.
Not sure how many in the entertainment industry actually hate Trump. However they certainly understand it's not a good idea to voice support.

I was completely surprised and happy Trump won in 2016. However, at the time I was working as an adjunct university professor. My contract was for one-year old and renewable at the discretion of the department head. A big time liberal. Woke before woke became a thing.

I would be a fool to let on I voted for Trump. Why upset the person who assigns classes.

Last edited by john3232; 02-14-2022 at 08:43 PM..

Old 02-14-2022, 08:56 PM

1,411 posts, read 1,000,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
Snoop Dog comes across as trashy to me. The man has been rich for about 3 decades yet he still acts, dresses and talks ghetto. Gotta question the IQ of adults who still think his schtick is somehow cool.
Dang, you letting your true colors shine through! How does he dress ghetto? His clothes cost more than your cars. Some of you yt people are so funny!

Old 02-14-2022, 09:16 PM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
https://www.foxnews.com/us/instagram...op-dog-boycott

Snoop Dogg recently released a song encouraging the killing of police but when a police union encouraged people to boycott the halftime show, Instagram took it down.

Old 02-14-2022, 09:49 PM

1,655 posts, read 774,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
Dang, you letting your true colors shine through! How does he dress ghetto? His clothes cost more than your cars. Some of you yt people are so funny!
Class doesn’t always = expensive. My 7th grade teacher was a black woman named Tweety that’s now ~85 years old and grew up in a time when the schools in town (poor town) were segregated. She would routinely mock kids that dressed like Snoop Dogg and praise the ones she said dressed for success. She didn’t care what your clothes costs but I remember several times she would have a guy with a tucked in collared shirt and belt stand up and she’d say “see, now this is how a young man should dress” (I was that guy once). At the time in the 90s most guys were wearing oversized clothes and sagging…which she hated with a passion. She was a loud passionate woman that had no appetite for BS and would quickly cuss or throw some chalk if the rules weren’t followed. Her kids/nieces/nephews were well behaved and went to college…a rare thing for whites and especially blacks in town.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:27 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Shakira was the highlight of the Super Bowl performances for me. I dang near lost it when she broke into champeta.

I’m indifferent to the whole Dre, Snoop and Eminem debate. Those were the days though. West Coast rap really had a different sound. It was so laid back and melodic but they’d be saying worst things.

Anyway…carry on…

Old 02-15-2022, 05:05 AM

979 posts, read 416,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
Cost doesn't equate to class.

Old 02-15-2022, 05:06 AM

58,963 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I'm a good deal older and thought it was a good show. I loved the satellite image of LA. The "kids" were over for the game and cranked the volume, were dancing and enjoying it, singing along. It was a damn sight better than the borefest game between two teams that played like they had no business being there.
"Everybody is entitled to their OWN opinions"!

Old 02-15-2022, 06:09 AM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Those commercials pretty much sucked. Either the companies were unknown( and how did they get the cash to pay for it) or the message was too weird to make it a good sell. And here's a suggestion. Don't bring out has been celebrities to sell crap. They are not popular any more, Hollywood is becoming very tarnsished. And politics is another thing people are sick of. GM's Dr. Evil ad just sucked.

Old 02-15-2022, 06:41 AM

9,432 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Those commercials pretty much sucked. Either the companies were unknown( and how did they get the cash to pay for it) or the message was too weird to make it a good sell. And here's a suggestion. Don't bring out has been celebrities to sell crap. They are not popular any more, Hollywood is becoming very tarnsished. And politics is another thing people are sick of. GM's Dr. Evil ad just sucked.
I thought the KIA electric dog commercial was good. My sister in LA knows a guy who works in KIA marketing and had something to do with that. Talk about pulling at women animal lovers heart strings!

I also like the hot Doritos commercial with the animals.

the game sucked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies