Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 10:12 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
My friends son made some for him and his family. They said you can’t tell they are fake since it’s on their phones. They used it at a large venue for a basketball game and at restaurants in Chicago. What are the odds of being caught and is it a felony?
There is no interaction between a vax card and a database so detection of fraud is impossible.

As for restaurants, I dine out 4-5x a week and have yet to come across a restaurant the is “ carding” patrons in the city or suburban Cook County. My experience is anecdotal given there are 20,000 restaurants with indoor dining.

I know there are some places that are carding to demonstrate to their employees they are taking reasonable action to protect them.

Given that once seated, the masks come off, it does not make a lot of sense to me.

If a table of 4 were seated outdoors today, one would observe the cloud of condensed respiratory droplets over the table. That exhaled breath and thus droplets are not visible inside does not mean the droplets are not in the air. Impossible to serve without entering the cloud.

Despite the blah- blah about self isolating when testing positive there has never been any enforcement or a reasonable way to do so.

The term “ lockdown” as used in the US is hyperbole.

Old 01-31-2022, 10:18 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
If it's a medical record it should, like all medical records, be subject to HIPAA regulations, including who has a right to see those records, and privacy laws.
HIPAA does not protect your privacy the way you seem to think it does, despite noise made by some politicians ignorant of the act.

https://www.hipaajournal.com/is-it-a...accine-status/

Old 01-31-2022, 02:16 PM

1,710 posts, read 806,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Who said death was the only outcome? You?

Living through it is the more probable outcome statistically.

I haven't played Yatzee in years. Ive rolled box cars and snake eyes(both largely improbable) in craps but neither have anything to do with covid.

You are most likely to beat covid, I did as have millions of others.

Feel free to carry on with your negative attitude, you do you.
A lot of folks say you have a 98% chance of surviving. I'm saying there are serious conditions even if you do survive. Very life altering conditions that many are ignoring.

The yatzee reference was to put the odds in perspective.

Old 01-31-2022, 02:33 PM

10,846 posts, read 4,525,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There is no interaction between a vax card and a database so detection of fraud is impossible.

huh? the lot number of your jab, and the provider code should be clearly visible on the card and this is uploaded. Its not a forward facing database that any schmoe can get into, but it IS tracked. and it WILL be correlated into 'other things' the longer this goes on.

If I jump on my CVS account (where I got mine) I can find all the info on my card, there. the agency you work for - if you do - compare this to ensure you can still work - at least until last week

Old 01-31-2022, 03:06 PM

8,381 posts, read 4,365,088 times
Cards are not very "forgery proof".

Originals do have some tell tails. Hand written date and Clinic sites where administered. Depending on the circumstance, you could be required to provide the originals.

Small stickers that identify the vaccine and the vaccine lot number are placed on the card. Somewhere, there is a list of those lot numbers and where they went and a record of where and when they were used.

Under scrutiny, if these things do not add up ... say you are from Boston and the vaccine lot number on your card was opened and used in Arizona and you can not prove you were ever in Arizona ... well doh! If "fake dates" on the card do not match the records of when the vials were actually opened and used ... again ...doh.

So here the super anti-vaxxers ... non believers in science ... and a lair/forger, proving they are willing to do almost anything to "get over". Where is the line? Tax fraud? Theft? Worse? Is there any morality left? If they truly believe the misinformation and insist on not getting a vaccine, at least have enough guts to say that in public and live with the decision instead of trying to hide it.

Last edited by ditchoc; 01-31-2022 at 03:17 PM..

Old 01-31-2022, 04:14 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,247,745 times
https://www.krqe.com/health/coronavi...ination-cards/

Here should be the part that will convince many people not to do it.. That's a 5 year statute. While the odds of doing any jail time over it are slim to nil.. It would be a felony on your record, which would remove gun ownership/possession rights.

Who they will mainly be going after would be people making them or selling them. Not so much the people using them.

But.. If you are contemplating faking or using a fake card.. I'd say you would have to ask yourself.. Do you think the government would pass up an opportunity to take away your guns?

Now to sit back and watch heads explode as that information is processed.

Old 01-31-2022, 04:43 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
False.

We have heard:

-"The vaccine protects you from infection". ---False

-"No one said it protects your from infection. It reduces symptoms and hospitalization and your won't die from the virus." --False

-"No vaccine has 100% efficacy." ---You can use this excuse even if your "vaccine" has Zero efficacy.

-"All vaccines have adverse effects." ---You can use this excuse even if your "vaccine" has more and worse adverse within one year than all other vaccines in the last 20-30 years combined. Heck, even if everyone who took your vaccine died.
https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...es-and-omicron

"Current figures suggest that vaccines offer 30 to 40 percent protection against infection and around 70 percent protection against hospitalization without boosters.
Newer data is confirming that a third dose increases antibody production and boosts effectiveness against infection to around 75 percent, and 88 percent for severe disease."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Same. Took my chances with Covid. It's done now.
Maybe not.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/2326...w%20as%2019%25.

"Controlling for vaccine status, age, sex, ethnicity, asymptomatic status, region and specimen date, Omicron was associated with a 5.40 (95% CI: 4.38-6.63) fold higher risk of reinfection compared with Delta. To put this into context, in the pre-Omicron era, the UK “SIREN” study of COVID infection in healthcare workers estimated that prior infection afforded 85% protection against a second COVID infection over 6 months. The reinfection risk estimated in the current study suggests this protection has fallen to 19% (95%CI: 0-27%) against an Omicron infection."

Old 01-31-2022, 04:52 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Nope. While some vaccines were recommended in the 70's, doesn't mean they were required to get into college. Besides, I had most of the childhood diseases.

My kids are in their 30's. None have asked me to dig out their childhood vaccine cards from their baby books to meet some requirement as an adult.
My youngest is 35.
He absolutely had to show proof of vaccinations to be admitted to university. And, had to get booster shots for a couple.

Old 01-31-2022, 05:45 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Posts like this really tell me what the Trump-Party is all about.

Lie, cheat, steal, as long as you can get away with it. Don't stand for anything other than My/Me/Mine.

If you really don't believe in the jab, then you should have enough stones to stand up and fight it. Take a real stand, and boycott any and all places that are requiring it. I'd respect that. I DO respect that.

I have no respect for people who lie about it. You don't get to decide what's safe for other people. They go into a place thinking people are vax'd. Maybe they are right, maybe they are wrong, that's not the point. You lying to them, forging records, and only caring if YOU get caught is so unethical in so many ways.

Seems to me that the only point of the anti-vaxxers anymore is virtue-signaling, and that's SAD, because standing against forced vax is actually a legit complaint. Your lying, forging, and standing for nothing dilutes a legit argument you had.

I got the jabs, I don't regret it, but I do respect those who chose not to, as long as they are ethical enough to own their decision. If you don't have that, you don't have (and probably don't care about it) my respect.
Let me make this very simple for you:

* I'm not taking something that no one knows the long term effects of

* That they have already admitted doesn't protect you or stop you from transmitting anything

* Has terrible side effects, and I don't feel like playing that 'lottery' to make you feel better.

Here's the thing, IF you got a booster, in about a month or 2, you'll be considered 'unvaccinated'. If you didn't, you're more than likely already considered 'unvaccinated'.

How many more of these jabs are you going to take until you realize, 'This is all BS'?

The patients #s were inflated. The deaths were inflated. The CDC already admitted that last year.

The majority of those who died from it were 80+ years old, and the majority had 4+ existing health issues.

The majority of people under the age of 70 will be just fine. Unless you have multiple health issues, already, your odds of not going to the hospital and not dying are really high. As in, 99% high. Your 'vaccines' drop daily, and within months, are under 50%.

Are you going to take a 'vaccine' every couple of months? Really?

Old 01-31-2022, 06:14 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Cards are not very "forgery proof".

Originals do have some tell tails. Hand written date and Clinic sites where administered. Depending on the circumstance, you could be required to provide the originals.

Small stickers that identify the vaccine and the vaccine lot number are placed on the card. Somewhere, there is a list of those lot numbers and where they went and a record of where and when they were used.

Under scrutiny, if these things do not add up ... say you are from Boston and the vaccine lot number on your card was opened and used in Arizona and you can not prove you were ever in Arizona ... well doh! If "fake dates" on the card do not match the records of when the vials were actually opened and used ... again ...doh.

So here the super anti-vaxxers ... non believers in science ... and a lair/forger, proving they are willing to do almost anything to "get over". Where is the line? Tax fraud? Theft? Worse? Is there any morality left? If they truly believe the misinformation and insist on not getting a vaccine, at least have enough guts to say that in public and live with the decision instead of trying to hide it.
Give it up. You're losing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies