Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 08:49 AM

10,789 posts, read 4,491,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Nope. While some vaccines were recommended in the 70's, doesn't mean they were required to get into college. Besides, I had most of the childhood diseases.

My kids are in their 30's. None have asked me to dig out their childhood vaccine cards from their baby books to meet some requirement as an adult.

I dont know what lackadaisical location you are from but both my boys had to paper up to gain admission to their respective K12s and my older into college. In fact, the requirements are on the state and district websites. The wifes daughters are both now 30+ and it was the same for them, so we just covered MD, WV and PA. And there is no way in hell NY, CT and CA are not the same...

Old 01-31-2022, 08:58 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 19 days ago)

27,622 posts, read 16,104,993 times
So all the 'vaccinated that are catching and spreading covid' are really just fake vaccinated

Old 01-31-2022, 09:00 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 19 days ago)

27,622 posts, read 16,104,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yeah... real vaccines for diseases with real, statistically significant mortality rates. For instance, smallpox was right around 30%.
how many polio boosters were there?

Old 01-31-2022, 09:11 AM

8,095 posts, read 3,656,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
how many polio boosters were there?
https://www.cdc.gov/polio/what-is-po...ccination.html

Old 01-31-2022, 09:14 AM

11,219 posts, read 8,288,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
People act like vaccinated people stop the spread.

Vaccinated people are just as likely to pass on Covid as non-vaccinated. It's January 31, 2022 and if you do not believe this you have been propagandized.
Some people do act that way, and they are misinformed.

Other people act like there is an unlimited supply of hospital beds, and that the people who work in hospitals are not humans, just servants to take care of everyone else so they don't have to be inconvenienced with taking care of themselves.

As so many have said, so many times, and as you and others choose to ignore, the overflowing of Hospital rooms and ERs is a real issue, and it impacts peoples health. INCLUDING those that have issues that are not even related to COVID.

So while it might be fun to virtue signal about your (possibly legit) concerns with the vax, please at least be honest with your comments about it, and address the REAL concerns.

Do you doubt the very real data that says that even though a majority of people are vax'd, that the even stronger majority of people who are hospitalized for COVID are unvaxxed? Do you even care about others? And how many people have been hospitalized due to issues with the vaccine? Give us a number so we can compare it and establish a credible risk profile.

Stick to the facts, and leave the propaganda elsewhere. Address the real issue. Do you agree with the data and the experts that it's unvaxxed people over-using hospital resources? If you don't agree, how do you arrive at your conclusion? Use some statistics to validate it, if you have them.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:43 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,663,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
Death isn't the only outcome and in fact, death could be the preferred outcome.

Who said death was the only outcome? You?

Living through it is the more probable outcome statistically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
Have you or a loved one ever rolled a yatzee in one roll? Having a bad covid reaction is about 25 times more likely.

I haven't played Yatzee in years. Ive rolled box cars and snake eyes(both largely improbable) in craps but neither have anything to do with covid.

You are most likely to beat covid, I did as have millions of others.

Feel free to carry on with your negative attitude, you do you.

Last edited by tipsyguam; 01-31-2022 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: typos

Old 01-31-2022, 09:44 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,438,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
That is not how hipaa works. A party can require you to turn medical information over in order to qualify for something. Even the local gym can legally require a medical screening before permitting you to do something strenuous or with a risk of falling. That has never been a violation. The vaccine card is really just another medical screening, in effect.
Yes I understand that. My response was clumsy - I meant that it doesn't violate HIPAA to disclose your own medical information.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:52 AM

187 posts, read 68,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I think it is unlikely that vax cards will be scrutinized for ball games/dining/etc. However, your friend's son and family are sellouts. Because they want to partake of things that are completely unnecessary, they are perpetuating an arbitrary and authoritarian system. It is cowardly to pretend that one is something they are not out of unnecessary convenience.

Yes, sellouts. Going to bread and circuses. Watching liberal men chasing a ball and going to eat unhealthy food in the heart of lib land.

Men should be doing exercise themselves and grilling their own food.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:57 AM

14,927 posts, read 12,116,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's a medical record. Not sure what you mean by "legit". It's a record issued by the CDC.
If it's a medical record it should, like all medical records, be subject to HIPAA regulations, including who has a right to see those records, and privacy laws.

Old 01-31-2022, 10:06 AM

8,095 posts, read 3,656,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
If it's a medical record it should, like all medical records, be subject to HIPAA regulations, including who has a right to see those records, and privacy laws.
On HIPAA privacy rule:

https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-profes...ace/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.