Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 12:59 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Wrong. I have pointed this out in my previous post. We are just being used by the left so they can be reelected. Race is just a tool for them and it is being shoved down our throats via the leftist run media machine. MOST people aren't racist. You can find them of course, but that isn't MOST.
I worked with a women who was not black, but she was a lesbian. According to her everyone was a homophobe out to get her. Everyone. All the time. Every day. Every perceived slight, anyone who didn't fawn over her, smile at her, look at her, acknowledge her instantly was a homophobe.

She interpreted everything that way. That was her world. It was really, really sad to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2022, 01:07 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I worked with a women who was not black, but she was a lesbian. According to her everyone was a homophobe out to get her. Everyone. All the time. Every day. Every perceived slight, anyone who didn't fawn over her, smile at her, look at her, acknowledge her instantly was a homophobe.

She interpreted everything that way. That was her world. It was really, really sad to watch.
Had same experience. God forbid you refer to people without using genderless terms. Also she intentionally screwed things up. A miserable human sharing her wealth

Old 01-31-2022, 01:08 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
well, when you have a white 17 year-old kid killed 2 pasty white dudes during a riot in WI and somehow this turned into a racial issue by the social media and Demented in Chief....then yeah, it's getting stupid

Old 01-31-2022, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
well, when you have a white 17 year-old kid killed 2 pasty white dudes during a riot in WI and somehow this turned into a racial issue by the social media and Demented in Chief....then yeah, it's getting stupid
Don't forget... the one white guy called the other white guy the "n-word" .... while participating in a BLM protest.

We've jumped the shark with the epitome of stupid "racism" issues.

Old 01-31-2022, 01:18 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:

I think it is because of media and echo-chambers. What happens in her case is she is on some forum/feed that shows all the bad behavior against people like her and she gets caught up in it and she starts thinking that is normal. Interestingly, I don't think there are many people at all against gay people. Sure you can find some people just like anything, but gays are totally mainstream and very few people care at all. I feel bad for so many that are on these feeds. It is hard to get them to see reality.

Old 01-31-2022, 01:21 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Ok. My personal experience supports this.
Anyone in my neighborhood knows that a black teenager or young adult driving a really nice car will be pulled over. It is a known truth.
Never mind that these drivers live in multimillion dollar houses and pay exorbitant taxes, and they or theie parents are actors, comedians, rap stars, sports legends.
Funny enough it was even be a joke
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hol...an-785805/amp/
black teenagers or young adults getting pulled over while driving is light years from the 'tremendous discrimination' you claimed. i got pulled over all the friggin time when i was younger.

also, from your article:

Jerry Seinfeld and Rock were pulled over by police while Seinfeld was driving an orange 1969 Lamborghini.

should jay leno scream about 'tremendous discrimination'?

Old 01-31-2022, 01:21 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Are you claiming that every black person is at risk of being killed by a white person every time they are on the street?

Is that what you are claiming? What city is this? What are the crime stats?
I am claiming that in almost all cities, towns and locations you will face more discrimination if you are a minority. Blacks are a minority in most places. That is a fact.
Nothing about being killed every time you walk out on the street.
But yes, driving down the highway, walking down the street in a white neighborhood, walking into the beauty parlor or nail salon.
I can say I see this where I am now in Florida, where I notice who gets stopped, who gets serviced, who gets "looks".

Old 01-31-2022, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I am claiming that in almost all cities, towns and locations you will face more discrimination if you are a minority. Blacks are a minority in most places. That is a fact.
Nothing about being killed every time you walk out on the street.
But yes, driving down the highway, walking down the street in a white neighborhood, walking into the beauty parlor or nail salon.
I can say I see this where I am now in Florida, where I notice who gets stopped, who gets serviced, who gets "looks".
Explain how Obama was elected, since "almost all cities, towns and locations" are filled with white racists.

Also, explain what the discrimination is. Are you thrown out of restaurants? Arrested when getting a coffee at Starbucks? Refused service at the post office?

Throwing accusations around with sweeping generalizations that the entire US is racist ... is racist.

You haven't provided any examples of it.

Old 01-31-2022, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
black teenagers or young adults getting pulled over while driving is light years from the 'tremendous discrimination' you claimed. i got pulled over all the friggin time when i was younger.

also, from your article:

Jerry Seinfeld and Rock were pulled over by police while Seinfeld was driving an orange 1969 Lamborghini.

should jay leno scream about 'tremendous discrimination'?
What do you call it if black teenagers and young adults are pulled over much more often - isn't that discrimination?
Maybe we have different definitions.
As this is my neighborhood, where there is a high percentage of super rich POC, I can speak from experience.

Old 01-31-2022, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Explain how Obama was elected, since "almost all cities, towns and locations" are filled with white racists.

Also, explain what the discrimination is. Are you thrown out of restaurants? Arrested when getting a coffee at Starbucks? Refused service at the post office?

Throwing accusations around with sweeping generalizations that the entire US is racist ... is racist.

You haven't provided any examples of it.
They are not filled, thankfully.
But there are too many.
Enough to make an issue out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies