Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 01:35 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
To the Left truth is sensitive data that should never come out.
You know you are an extremist when the truth is considered as one wing of the political animal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2022, 07:43 AM

1,866 posts, read 933,848 times
Gonna be hard to fight Russia when our military personnel are sick & dying from the covid vaccines.

Old 02-05-2022, 08:12 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post

Some of these things also don't seem inherently tied to any known side effects for the vaccines, to including an HIV infection rate increase. Even if the argument is that some of the science behind some of the COVID vaccines leaves one more susceptible to getting HIV, ultimately--unless you're attacked with a needle or raped--I'd blame that on human behavior (i.e. not wearing condoms, willingly shooting up, etc.).

Still, like I stated, this definitely warrants more looking into, so I appreciate this being shared.

I looked at the link and no numbers just percentages. HIV up 590%. That is because they are vaccinated?

What are the actual numbers before and after? Why is that not shown?

Old 02-05-2022, 08:15 AM

25,730 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Please stop.

The sheep prefer to have their heads perpetually buried in the sand. Just give them another booster and an "I'm Vaxxed" virtue signal tee-shirt and we're cool.

Old 02-05-2022, 08:42 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...ry-spokespers/

The military has already responded to this report. You can read about in the link above if you are the reading type. If you prefer headlines and social media, go no further and believe what you will.

Old 02-05-2022, 09:04 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
why is a military database made public? i would think that's part of national security
According to their site "The purpose of DMED is to standardize the epidemiologic methodology used to collect, integrate and analyze active component service member personnel and medical event data, and to provide authorized users with remote access to the summarized data."https://health.mil/Military-Health-Topics/Combat-Support/Armed-Forces-Health-Surveillance-Division/Data-Management-and-Technical-Support/Defense-Medical-Epidemiology-Database https://health.mil/Military-Health-T...ology-Database

Of course the source of this is a far right attorney posting on an extreme right site known for promotion of right-wing propaganda and conspiracy theories. So you decide if there is any validity to it.

Old 02-05-2022, 09:04 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Sudden deaths, strokes, heart attacks, heart inflammation, miscarriages, the numbers are becoming impossible to hide.

Old 02-05-2022, 09:12 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...ry-spokespers/

The military has already responded to this report. You can read about in the link above if you are the reading type. If you prefer headlines and social media, go no further and believe what you will.

Another fake anti vax story by Trump Voters. Not a surprise. Perhaps they should get in line behind their leader and support the vaccine. Must be a confusing time for them.

Its actually tough for conservatives like me. I hate Biden and everything he stands for. But the constant lying coming from the right. They will say anything if it makes their base happy. And no one on their side has the guts to stand up and call them out for it. I cannot support any of that either.

Old 02-05-2022, 09:13 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I looked at the link and no numbers just percentages. HIV up 590%. That is because they are vaccinated?

What are the actual numbers before and after? Why is that not shown?
I agree. Percentages without hard numbers underlining the percentages are often needlessly alarmist.

Now, the OP did mention that some of the numbers were mentioned in one of the videos.

But there has been nothing scientific to prove that increases things like HIV infection, as an example, have anything to do with covid. Perhaps this increase is due to service members, faced with lockdowns that kept many teleworking from home for a long time, having more hookups and riskier sex? Perhaps the increase is due to more people engaging in riskier behavior (e.g. shooting up with shared needles and the such) as random drug tests were generally put on hold across many military departments due to the lockdowns. And given that 97% of active duty service members are vaccinated, it's not very helpful I argue to talk about the unvaccinated vs. the vaccinated in this context.

Old 02-05-2022, 09:20 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I agree. Percentages without hard numbers underlining the percentages are often needlessly alarmist.

Now, the OP did mention that some of the numbers were mentioned in one of the videos.

But there has been nothing scientific to prove that increases things like HIV infection, as an example, have anything to do with covid. Perhaps this increase is due to service members, faced with lockdowns that kept many teleworking from home for a long time, having more hookups and riskier sex? Perhaps the increase is due to more people engaging in riskier behavior (e.g. shooting up with shared needles and the such) as random drug tests were generally put on hold across many military departments due to the lockdowns. And given that 97% of active duty service members are vaccinated, it's not very helpful I argue to talk about the unvaccinated vs. the vaccinated in this context.
If you read the fact check link, the military is pretty clear that they had subpar disease reporting in 2016-2020. I guess this is a relatively new database. In 2021 they started inputting way more data and, comparing across the years of the database, it looks funny for 2021.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies