Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 05:39 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,154,051 times

Advertisements

Just to educate some people here, all of MLK Jrs' speeches and "brilliant" quotes that you see all the time, came from his speechwriter and handler, Stanley Levinson. MLK Jr. was busy doing things that resulted in the FBI files on him having to be sealed until 2027.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2022, 05:47 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
Just to educate some people here, all of MLK Jrs' speeches and "brilliant" quotes that you see all the time, came from his speechwriter and handler, Stanley Levinson. MLK Jr. was busy doing things that resulted in the FBI files on him having to be sealed until 2027.

In the early 1950s, the FBI considered Levison to be a major financial coordinator for the Communist Party USA (CPUSA) and began to monitor his activities. The FBI had him under the surveillance of Jack and Morris Childs, two former CPUSA members who became FBI informants. According to the FBI, Levison's CPUSA activities ended in 1957.[6] In 1978, one year before his death, Levison asserted "I was not nor am I now a member of the Communist Party.

Old 01-31-2022, 06:23 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It's bigger than just race.

A divided people are easily led.
This is the point.

Old 01-31-2022, 06:50 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
When I was growing up, we were taught that we were all the same regardless of our race and it didn't matter what race we were. We were taught that we should treat everyone the same and that one race didn't deserve anything different, better, worse..etc. We were taught we were supposed to disregard race.

Now the rules have changed. Now, you are supposed to get special treatment if you are black. I will just say it. You get high level jobs (VP anyone), regardless of whether or not you are qualified. I know high level corporate people who have been told they didn't get the job or can't be hired because they are a white male. My husband has been told he can NOT hire white males or phrased differently, he must hire women or POC.

We all see that about 80% of the commercials are black actors. They are putting black actors in to play roles of historical, actual white people. Black twitter channels for news outlets now exist.

Millions are pouring into inner city schools where the graduation and reading proficiency rates are dismal. WHERE is that money going?

So are we supposed to accept these new rules, which are racist actually?
If all are made the same, why are you concerned with whose selling the soap on tv or has your job been given to another ? Singling them out is what exactly ?

Old 01-31-2022, 07:05 PM

16,078 posts, read 10,744,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

"Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It's bigger than just race.

A divided people are easily led."

This is the point.
Divisiveness?
That is really the point of this thread.

Old 01-31-2022, 07:20 PM

4,419 posts, read 5,152,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
We were told not to hire white men. Diversity.
So then keep on hiring only white men is the way? Because if they don’t, there’s a problem somehow.

Even in liberal Silicon Valley they don’t hire blacks and browns because of “cultural” incompatibility. Cheeky code words.

Face it, big corporate offices want to hire those they feel comfortable with, NOT who is most qualified. In this case, that is why that industry is overwhelmingly white males. Let’s not be duplicitous here. For something that entrenched to be changed, it has to be forced. The ship of slow and comfortable change has sailed as the nation has watched it sink, over and over again.

That’s why.

Old 01-31-2022, 07:22 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,184,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Divisiveness?
True. People thinking the rules have changed was called "white backlash" in the sixties. Ever since 1964 people have told me that discrimination has ended but the EEOC caselog (62% racial discrimination charges) has not shrunk to the negligent level.

There's lots of black folks on TV? Is that so bad? There are lots of black folks in the US.

Old 02-01-2022, 12:01 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Divisiveness?
It's the point of the media that has everyone running around like idiots pointing fingers at each other.

Old 02-01-2022, 12:21 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
So are we supposed to accept these new rules, which are racist actually?
You shouldn't have accepted anything. But you'll always do what you're told and believe it is virtuous, while attacking anyone who doesn't as a danger to the country.

"Equality before the law is probably forever inattainable. It is a noble ideal, but it can never be realized, for what men value in this world is not rights but privileges." - H.L. Mencken

I actually agree with the critical-race theory people. The concept of legal equality has always been used to justify inequality.

Old 02-01-2022, 12:57 AM

2,367 posts, read 909,018 times
There's a whole industry associated with this. In California there's a government position called "Superintendent of Equity". I wouldn't be surprised if other states have similar equity departments. Race is only one component. Corporations also have their own experts scrutinizing everything from their hiring practices to how bathrooms are labeled.

So now everyone under 30 has a sob story. Everything from growing up in Haiti, to being autistic, molested, fat shamed, sexually confused, handicapped and of course racially discriminated. They are ready to dab away a tear, and if you don't give them special consideration, then they go to the authorities (ie the equity police), and the media.

I don't really blame them for behaving this way IF they're quite young, because I think they do it by instinct. Humans are opportunistic animals, and these young people are just adapting to the current environment. I blame the older people who did not teach their kids better. And I condemn people like Warren who tried to be an American Indian. This is how crazy it has become.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies