Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 04:27 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,209,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Carter had ineptitude, Obama had malicious intent, Biden has ineptitude due to senility and has puppet masters with malicious intent. Biden is the worst of both worlds but he's not really in control of himself.

Have to agree. Biden is worse than Carter - but we really haven't seen the inflation spike yet -- things are just getting warmed up. If we have a gas crisis (no supply - long lines) - maybe that might wake some Dems up (unless they froze to death already because of shutting down pipelines and drilling, and epic mishandling of energy policy.) FUBAR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2022, 04:31 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,057,792 times
A big difference between Carter and Biden is Biden is both incompetent and lacking a little in his mental faculties and was dishonest even before. Carter was sincere (IMHO) and had some things happen that I wouldn't blame him for.

ETA Found this in an old thread. Trump could be pretty on the mark
Quote:
I see that everyone is comparing Joe Biden to Jimmy Carter. It would seem to me that is very unfair to Jimmy Carter. Jimmy mishandled crisis after crisis, but Biden has CREATED crisis after crisis," said Donald Trump

Old 01-31-2022, 04:32 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocytoma View Post
We now have empty shelves, and shortages of everything.

I'd say the Afghan debacle, and the arming of the Taliban is just as bad as Iran.

I've never seen any President secularly fail in every single way all while hiding due to senility in just 1 year. Not even Trump had this much chaos in 2017.
Biden didn’t even bother to not only pull our citizens out, but didn’t inform our allies Great Britain and France either, nor didn’t answer the phone from England’s prime minister for several hours. What leaders does that? Really he should have been 25th for that or impeached for allowing our borders to be breached and flying illegals secretly all over the country. Congress impeached Trump for charges less then that, which the Russian dossier was proven untrue.

Old 01-31-2022, 04:33 PM

4,511 posts, read 5,048,411 times
Loved the interest rates on savings during the Carter years. I'll take them again !

Old 01-31-2022, 04:37 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
Carter was meek, Brandon is weak. Carter was humble, Brandon is an arrogant SOB. Carter was a Christian, Brandon goes to church for show. Carter didn't have the knowledge to help the country, Brandon has the knowledge but doesn't want to help the country. Carter was a good parent as reflected in his children, Brandon sexually abused his children and effed them up for life. Carter didn't grope little girls, Brandon does. Carter was never accused of sexual assault, Brandon was. The media never covered up for Carter (they didn't have to), the media covers up for Brandon because they are as bad as him.

Old 01-31-2022, 04:40 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,069,759 times
Carter was a mess as President but as an elder statesman he is fantastic.
Carter was never dishonest or evil.
His main thing was he gridlocked the country.
High interest rates 18-21% I think.
Gas lines with odd/even days.
Iran.
Inflation.
Unemployment.

As bad as he was Biden is much much worse.
A person that wields lots of power, that is low on intelligence, that can be bought and is evil is about as bad as it gets.
President Carter doesn’t hold a candle to this man.

Biden’s list of failures are currently about 3 times larger than Carters and he still has 3 more years to add more to it.

Let’s just hope we can stay out of war.

Old 01-31-2022, 04:40 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,057,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Loved the interest rates on savings during the Carter years. I'll take them again !
My dad bought bonds for my kids future at that time. I think they were 30 year municipals with interest rates well in the double figures. Unfortunately they had clauses that allowed early redemption with little or no penalty.

On the downside foreclosures were dime a dozen where I lived (Suffolk County NY). Some people made a lot of money buying them though (not I).

Old 01-31-2022, 04:44 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,037,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocytoma View Post
For those of us not alive in the 1970s... can people here confirm that Carter was less of a disaster than Joe Biden?

Look we all know Joe Biden is a lottery ticket President who could not even get elected outside of Delaware for dog catcher. But these are not normal times. He used artificial coronavirus based attacks, and dumb luck to just inch past the finish line. The vaccines were launched before he took office. The primary field was cleared, and people dropped out to make the 5th place holder the nominee, and Obama chose him to be VP based on his age/skin color.

Putting all that aside:

1. Record Inflation/Supply Chain Crisis/Labor Shortage

2. More coronavirus deaths under his watch despite the launch of vaccines. Inability to launch new vaccines/therapeutics/return to normal.

3. Open Borders. Record number of migrants crossing the border.

4. Laughably weak foreign policy. Struggles to get a submarine deal done with Australia/France. Forget China. Putin's puppet when it comes to nautral gas.

I'm assuming Carter didn't have the media giving him fellatio on a daily basis, or protecting him/covering for him... and I'm assuming Carter wasn't completely senile, and needing to hide the vast majority of the time...

But I'm just looking for honest opinions.

Thanks
The Federal government was much smaller in Carter's day. So the impacts of his poor management was less than Biden's for that reason. It would have been a horse race between the two if Carter was in charge of the executive branch of the Federal government today.

Plus Carter did not have a open borders policy or coronavirus. Both those failures are CLEARLY the fault of Joe Biden.

His foreign policy was a complete disaster, but I think Biden has surpassed him in only one year. Iran in 1979, and Biden's withdraw are both in the same league.

Biden's management of the virus is beyond belief. Really incompetence, at a grand scale. I shudder to think what would have happened if Biden had been President at the beginning of the virus. Remember, he said we were not going to get a virus for four years. Trump really deserves credit for operation Warp Speed.

Carter's gas lines were viewed as the icing on the cake of a failed policy.

Biden begging the Saudi's and the Russians to ship us more oil, after doing everything possible to stop oil production in the US is pretty embarassing. We still might get gas lines in the future.

The country came back quickly after both Obama and Carter. But I suspect this time it is different due to the number of people without critical thinking skills in positions of power.

In the end, it doesn't matter if your liberal or conservative. Really, all that counts is that you work in the interests of the American people instead of the corporate interests.

Very few people left in politics that even show a minimal interest in the American people today.

Old 01-31-2022, 04:45 PM

10,828 posts, read 4,506,581 times
economy yes. if you have lived thru it, no explanation needed.

country, no. Biden policies are putting the very existence of this country at risk.

Old 01-31-2022, 04:46 PM

2,335 posts, read 814,406 times
Seems like you left out some metrics on your definition of disaster. I can say that my wife and I are considerably better off today than when Biden took office. She was promoted and received a hefty raise. I just left my job for a new one that should triple my income. Our stock investments are up in the neighborhood of 20%. The market value of our Texas home went from $317k to about $550k. Our home in the SF Bay Area is up over $300k also. Grocery shelves are in good shape and have been since the Henny Pennys started whining about it. And our mortgage payment is down due to the historically low interest rate we got.

I can't say things are all that disastrous to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies