Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 03:56 PM

487 posts, read 363,636 times

Advertisements

For those of us not alive in the 1970s... can people here confirm that Carter was less of a disaster than Joe Biden?

Look we all know Joe Biden is a lottery ticket President who could not even get elected outside of Delaware for dog catcher. But these are not normal times. He used artificial coronavirus based attacks, and dumb luck to just inch past the finish line. The vaccines were launched before he took office. The primary field was cleared, and people dropped out to make the 5th place holder the nominee, and Obama chose him to be VP based on his age/skin color.

Putting all that aside:

1. Record Inflation/Supply Chain Crisis/Labor Shortage

2. More coronavirus deaths under his watch despite the launch of vaccines. Inability to launch new vaccines/therapeutics/return to normal.

3. Open Borders. Record number of migrants crossing the border.

4. Laughably weak foreign policy. Struggles to get a submarine deal done with Australia/France. Forget China. Putin's puppet when it comes to nautral gas.

I'm assuming Carter didn't have the media giving him fellatio on a daily basis, or protecting him/covering for him... and I'm assuming Carter wasn't completely senile, and needing to hide the vast majority of the time...

But I'm just looking for honest opinions.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2022, 04:03 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times
The oil shortages, Iran crisis was a huge problem, but Biden is surpassing him.

Old 01-31-2022, 04:06 PM

16,547 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocytoma View Post
For those of us not alive in the 1970s... can people here confirm that Carter was less of a disaster than Joe Biden?

Look we all know Joe Biden is a lottery ticket President who could not even get elected outside of Delaware for dog catcher. But these are not normal times. He used artificial coronavirus based attacks, and dumb luck to just inch past the finish line. The vaccines were launched before he took office. The primary field was cleared, and people dropped out to make the 5th place holder the nominee, and Obama chose him to be VP based on his age/skin color.

Putting all that aside:

1. Record Inflation/Supply Chain Crisis/Labor Shortage

2. More coronavirus deaths under his watch despite the launch of vaccines. Inability to launch new vaccines/therapeutics/return to normal.

3. Open Borders. Record number of migrants crossing the border.

4. Laughably weak foreign policy. Struggles to get a submarine deal done with Australia/France. Forget China. Putin's puppet when it comes to nautral gas.

I'm assuming Carter didn't have the media giving him fellatio on a daily basis, or protecting him/covering for him... and I'm assuming Carter wasn't completely senile, and needing to hide the vast majority of the time...

But I'm just looking for honest opinions.

Thanks
As bad as Carter was, he was not a budding communist like Obama, nor controlled like a puppet, like Biden.

Old 01-31-2022, 04:11 PM

7,906 posts, read 3,450,203 times
Carter had ineptitude, Obama had malicious intent, Biden has ineptitude due to senility and has puppet masters with malicious intent. Biden is the worst of both worlds but he's not really in control of himself.

Old 01-31-2022, 04:11 PM

487 posts, read 363,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
The oil shortages, Iran crisis was a huge problem, but Biden is surpassing him.
We now have empty shelves, and shortages of everything.

I'd say the Afghan debacle, and the arming of the Taliban is just as bad as Iran.

I've never seen any President secularly fail in every single way all while hiding due to senility in just 1 year. Not even Trump had this much chaos in 2017.

Old 01-31-2022, 04:12 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times
yes, I lived in that time. Great shows on tv but it was a mess in the W.H. I knew Reagan was going to win big by the spring/summer of 1980. Even my family side of my mother were all Democrats (FDR, Truman, JFK type of Democrats) and voted for Reagan twice and haven't been back.

Old 01-31-2022, 04:17 PM

2,367 posts, read 908,280 times
I voted for Carter. I don't know why people keep saying how bad he was. Yes the nation faced problems. It seems to me that nowadays people say Carter was bad just because everyone else is saying it.

Old 01-31-2022, 04:23 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
The Carter Years were bad — that said, nobody thought Carter was deliberately doing things to hurt America and the World. He had a close circle of Advisers who knew even less than Carter did. He misjudged Iran and the unintended Consequences did him in. Carter did not get along with the Democrat CongressCritters- he was an outsider.

Biden is the ultimate Insider, which is one way we know his Disasters are very, very deliberate.
Carters high Interest rates and Gasoline lines touched everyone. We are not quite there yet with Biden’s Supply Chains and Energy Policy, but it’s coming. He can’t escape what he has set in motion. It’s all taken a life of its own. Between PanicDemic, Energy prices, Foreign Policy Debacles and his ownership by the Radical Leftists …. No way he can turn that ship of fools away from the Iceberg.

Old 01-31-2022, 04:23 PM

19,824 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Carter wasn’t such a rude SOB.

I was too young to notice much other than the long gas lines and having odd/even days we were allowed to buy gas ( if the last digit on your license plate was odd, you could only get gas on odd numbered days ).

Old 01-31-2022, 04:26 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Carter was elected for two reasons: he was a Washington outsider, and he had a plan to right the economy. He was going to do things differently.

Foreign affairs and the Iranian hostage crisis derailed any capital he had to work on the economy. The erosion of the manufacturing sector that began in the early 70s accelerated during Carter's administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies