Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 07:47 PM

18,740 posts, read 7,635,825 times

Advertisements

So, what's your suggestion for how we should solve the problem of residents of these countries wanting to come into the U.S. so badly that they are willing to break our laws?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2022, 08:06 PM

19,731 posts, read 10,158,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
So, what's your suggestion for how we should solve the problem of residents of these countries wanting to come into the U.S. so badly that they are willing to break our laws?
I met a young Mayan man a few years ago who was on the hit list at home. He was deported and we never heard from him again. I assume he was executed. I honestly don't know what the solution is.

Old 01-31-2022, 08:20 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,927,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
This man is an idiot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

President Biden said Monday that his administration is committed to improving the border crisis by trying to "figure out" why migrants are leaving their home countries for the U.S. in the first place.

"We’re working a lot with neighboring countries. A lot to do," Biden said during a meeting with Vice President Kamala Harris and the National Governors Association (NGA) at the White House.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...eave-countries
How about just stopping them from coming through and deporting them back to their own countries.

Old 01-31-2022, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
How about just stopping them from coming through and deporting them back to their own countries.
That is a death sentence for some.

Old 01-31-2022, 08:41 PM

939 posts, read 426,085 times
Man. They just can not control what comes out of him. Not the front, or, the back.

What an embarrassing (leader) we have………

Old 01-31-2022, 08:51 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,200,051 times
Is that really your job Joe? I mean they have their own presidents that should do that.

A better question he can ask is why the sudden surge in illegal crossings since he’s been in office

Old 01-31-2022, 08:53 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,200,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I met a young Mayan man a few years ago who was on the hit list at home. He was deported and we never heard from him again. I assume he was executed. I honestly don't know what the solution is.
How about completing the wall and letting border patrol do their jobs for a start, it’s not that complicated.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:04 PM

21,487 posts, read 10,603,912 times
Quote:
How many of these nice migrants have executed people here? I could post examples just from my area and it would take up pages and pages of this thread. Here is just one of many examples from my hometown of Houston from the last week.

Oscar Rosales from Honduras ambushed a cop and shot at his car multiple times, killing the cop before fleeing to Mexico. For once Mexico worked with us to get the guy and extradited him back to Houston. His last encounter with police was 26 years ago for a violent crime but he disappeared and they never saw him again until he was caught for this. The guy is obviously in some kind of crime ring because he’s been here for much of that time and never caught, and they caught up to four people trying to scrub his car and wash away all the evidence after he went on the run to Mexico.

Last edited by katygirl68; 01-31-2022 at 09:21 PM..

Old 01-31-2022, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
How about completing the wall and letting border patrol do their jobs for a start, it’s not that complicated.
Perhaps we should try to fix the mess we created in Central America so they can stay home.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:36 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,224,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Quote:
If you're a landless peasant, all you can do is sell your labor. If you're going to sell your labor, go wherever the wages are highest.

There are only three options... 1) Make wages the same in every country. 2) Enforce a very punitive no-tolerance policy, both on businesses and immigrants. 3) Abolish landless peasants.

The first would only be possible with a one-world government. The second would not only stop immigration, but virtually all tourism and international trade. And the last option would require the abolition of capitalism.

So yeah, not going to happen. Might as well throw the borders open at this point. It's going to happen eventually anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies