Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 02:39 PM

6,976 posts, read 2,701,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
ah yes, the obligatory “it doesn’t affect me so i dont care” spineless response. no concern about more government intruding on our lives. but there are many more expansions of government and they will always continue. if people keep up the attitude of “not me who cares”, one day soon you will be affected by an overreach and no one will be left to fight for smaller government. enjoy your police state. smh
Speed cameras are cheaper than having a trooper sit in his cruiser for 8 hours doing the same thing. I would prefer the trooper to be assisting motorists and/or enforcing other laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 02:42 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Many locations have banned any coverings or coatings that interfere with electronic reading of the plates. But you can do anything you want, as long as you don't get caught.
Who is going to take the time to inspect a clear license plate cover on a car?

If so, its probably like the time I got fined for my windows being 'too dark' on my truck...went to court, paid a $10 fine and that was it. They didnt even require me to remove the tint. LOL Never had another ticket for window tint either.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:45 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,973,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Speed cameras are cheaper than having a trooper sit in his cruiser for 8 hours doing the same thing. I would prefer the trooper to be assisting motorists and/or enforcing other laws.
What other laws? It's a highway. The troopers are there to enforce driving laws.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:50 PM

9,089 posts, read 6,314,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
The party of law and order wants to allow speeders to break the law with no consequences. My my.
I see no mention of abolishing speed limits or eliminating traditional traffic enforcement.

This thread is about 24/7 surveillance of driver behavior.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:52 PM

9,089 posts, read 6,314,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Bottom line is, if you want to live like an adult, you vote republican, if you want to be told what to do and be treated like a child, you vote democrat. It really is that simple.
^^^ That sums up life in the United States these days, perfectly!

Old 02-01-2022, 03:05 PM

8,381 posts, read 4,365,088 times
When you consider how stupid a lot of drivers are, specifically in Florida, I say bring it on if it will help.

Maybe, just maybe, it will stop some senseless actions like the recent accident in Las Vegas that killed 9 due to a car doing 100+ through a red light.

IDing felons, stolen cars, kidnapping victims, drug smuggling .... it all sounds good to me.

Old 02-01-2022, 03:11 PM

8,381 posts, read 4,365,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Bottom line is, if you want to live like an adult, you vote republican, if you want to be told what to do and be treated like a child, you vote democrat. It really is that simple.

The actions of many republicans lately is anything but being a mature adult. Maturity involves morality and I see very little morality in republicans these days.

Old 02-01-2022, 03:13 PM

24,484 posts, read 17,226,594 times
More spying by the Left.

With the 5G going up everywhere, the camera will catch you going 2 miles over the limit, send you a ticket, pull the fine out of your bank account since the IRS will soon be knowing every transaction you do $600 and up, all before you even get home.

I wonder if electric cars will be targeted as much as gasoline cars are?

I wonder if the authorities will be alerted if more than 3 trucks get together in protest convoy like we are seeing in Canada? Biden can't have that happen because he is already failing with the supply chain issue.

We should all wonder since Biden is doing his best to best the failures of Jimmy Carter will we, once the cameras are installed, be seeing the speed limits lowered to 55mph across the country to save gas?

A bigger question would be, how will all the money raised by the fines be used or in typical government fashion will it go towards paying for the camera program?

Old 02-01-2022, 03:15 PM

7,357 posts, read 6,526,600 times
With apps like Waze showing you exactly where speed cameras are, they won't do any good, the people speeding will slow down, pass the camera, then right back to 90. Unlike a police officer, the cameras will always be there so the report will be accurate.

Old 02-01-2022, 03:17 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
When you consider how stupid a lot of drivers are, specifically in Florida, I say bring it on if it will help.

Maybe, just maybe, it will stop some senseless actions like the recent accident in Las Vegas that killed 9 due to a car doing 100+ through a red light.

IDing felons, stolen cars, kidnapping victims, drug smuggling .... it all sounds good to me.
Law enforcement has had decades to get these problems under control, but today, there are more drugs/human trafficking victims being moved around and smuggled in, than any other time in history...

In fact, the point where it is now, the question of who our govt/law enforcement is actually working for, needs to be answered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies