Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2022, 06:47 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
The blurb below is just a forward to why Trump is so dangerous. The subsequent chapters to why Trump is a dangerous miscreant could fill a volume as thick as the Bible:

"Never before have we had a president who schemed to overturn legitimate election results, who attacked the press and the civil servants who worked for him, who admired dictators, who blatantly profited from his public office and who repeatedly lied to the public for his own selfish purposes."

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgo...can-democracy/

Get out of that cult sphere Trump worshipers are in and listen to what psychiatrists and psychologists--starting with Dr. Mary Trump, a PhD in psychology who knows the man inside and out--have to say about how evil this orange clown really is.
Propaganda works.

I'm curious. Are you even capable of having a discussion about Trump which doesn't center around your personal opinion of him and only focuses on policy? I've never, ever seen a single frothy anti-Trump type (of which you are one) that can debate the topic of Trump and stick to policy. NOT ONE. In over five years. It's ALWAYS emotional for them, and apparently, for you.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:48 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
I know almost nobody who thinks he should be president again. Only you folks.
That's the beauty of the anonymous ballot box

Old 02-03-2022, 07:36 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Republicans know he is dangerous to democracy. That's why they love him.
Nah, and we don’t live in fear just because someone hurts feelings and posts mean tweets.

Old 02-03-2022, 07:38 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Propaganda works.

I'm curious. Are you even capable of having a discussion about Trump which doesn't center around your personal opinion of him and only focuses on policy? I've never, ever seen a single frothy anti-Trump type (of which you are one) that can debate the topic of Trump and stick to policy. NOT ONE. In over five years. It's ALWAYS emotional for them, and apparently, for you.
The need their 2 Minutes of Hate.

People need to re-read (or read) 1984 again.

Old 02-03-2022, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
^^^^^ Which has noting to do with my post.

Post #305 (which wasn't made by you) is an example of what the replies will be if indictments are handed down.

My point to that poster was that he's wasting his time engaging with some Trumpers in the way that he does.

I don't care if Trump is indicted or not.

What I care about is preventing him from becoming President again.

I hope that his not becoming President again happens from DeSantis running and enough Trumpers either coming to their senses, being jarred by something that happens re Trump (could be anything/take any form), or a combination of both, so that DeSantis gets the nomination.
Once again you prove you have no idea what you’re talking about as I didn’t make post 305.

Posting ridiculous allegations with zero proof isn’t going to stop anyone from running, and nothing you do is going to prevent him from becoming POTUS unless he doesn’t want to run.

Because Trump hasn’t even said he’s running. I’d wager he’s simply toying with the live in fear folks and anti-Trumpers.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:00 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,789,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post

Because Trump hasn’t even said he’s running. I’d wager he’s simply toying with the live in fear folks and anti-Trumpers.
I know you are speculating here with your second sentence (as am I), but what would be the point of "he’s simply toying with the live in fear folks and anti-Trumpers."

Old 02-03-2022, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
I know you are speculating here with your second sentence (as am I), but what would be the point of "he’s simply toying with the live in fear folks and anti-Trumpers."
A 5 year goosechase because he beat poor Hillary.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:07 AM

23,563 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Your post is an example of the type of answer that will be put forth by Trumpers, not a specific....and I didn't say it was a specific.
Lol, you got that out of my response to the comment by the other poster?
Is your "type" of answer to spin things?
Quote:
The validity of any indictments....if there ever even are any....can't be addressed until they are handed down/we know what they are. What you're asserting doesn't blanketly make any unknown indictment invalid.
Where is the mention of "indictments" in either my post or the one I'd responded to?
Where did I say in that post that any possible future "indictments" would be valid or invalid? I didn't, since there was nothing said about it. But that doesn't seem to stop you from trying to insert it into those two past posts as your way to spin what was actually said.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:14 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How is Trump dangerous to democracy? I think you are confused. It's Biden, the Democrats and the far left radicals that are.
Really, he tried to steal the election. First he denied it (when everyone knew the truth), now he's openly admitting it.

He has called for "the biggest protests ever" (even bigger than the BLM's he condemned)

He's offering to buy votes by giving a pardon to the 1/6 perps if he's elected. Those were the people who tried to violently overturn the election, on his urging.

He is now on record asking his legal council to see how much he can override the actual vote outcome.

And you want to know why he's dangerous. I guess, because he can still influence so many people, as is evidenced by the fact he still has so many supporters, who are more concerned with their agenda, rather than democracy, or the very fiber of what makes America great. Trump has no clue.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:38 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Just look at the sources!

Have any of them ever done a POSITIVE story on Trump?

2 of them aren't even "news" publications.
So, today we return to the Trumpian default position of Fake News? Trump never gave a threatening speech, on Jan 29, last week-end? Never dangled pardons to seditious conspiracists and insurrectionists? Didn't downplay the brutality of Jan. 6 all the while stoking agitation for future violence? Didn't try to intimidate constitutional patriots who tirelessly work to obtain an accurate accounting of the events that led up to and occurred during the Capitol uprising? Trump, the disgraced and defeated former President of the United States, didn't have another rally to continue to propagate The Big Lie he peddles to rationalize his falsely perceived "right" to overturn the will of the people in the 2020 election?

Understood. Imagine my surprise.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 02-03-2022 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: punctuation correction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies