Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 07:26 AM

18,999 posts, read 27,543,245 times

Advertisements

I already said same several times.
Trump is toxic.
There are too many people that, rationally or not, dislike him. Bringing him back, to ride the long gone wave, will push those people away. It'd have been short on sabotage, to let him run as primary candidate. It's too risky, in fight that comes, when every single vote will count.
And, to be honesty, as of lately, he is digging his own political grave with big shovel. People want DeSantis types, not ones that fight with them or show off boosted.
Just saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 07:26 AM

474 posts, read 353,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
If you want people like me to vote -- it's Trump or we stay home.

And if people like us stay home... people who can't stand the system... you lose.

You decide.
It's not good to be so rigid. If Biden cannot motivate you to turnout out no one can.

But even if you stay home... I'm sure there will be people on the other side who also stay hope because no trump to make them angry. So it balances out!

It's not for me to decide. If the right has a "Trump bro" style temper tantrum we just move on.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:27 AM

4,539 posts, read 2,261,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I really don't care for Trump's style, but I like his policies. As my status says: "I vote for policies, not personalities."
Ditto. I cannot stand to listen to him for too long but I loved what he did for the country. Biden ruined a perfectly good country.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
This. Not only that but Trump makes people like me, who should be an automatic Republican vote, vote 3rd party.

I hope lots of people follow your lead because you are right. The way to get a second term of Biden is for Trump to be the nominee.
Yes. I've tried saying this so many times but so many in the Trump cult just do not understand.

Trump had his chance. He blew it like a small child. I don't care how many factors were up against him... any sane person would have won that election.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:29 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,137,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
2020 was decided by roughly 30k votes over 3 states.

And that was with Biden having roughly a 50% approval rating.

Trump decimates the Biden of 2022 that people have now seen as someone destroying America.

Good luck firing people up to vote for him a second time. I doubt he could beat Satan himself at this point.

Biden has Trump’s army of ~75 million as fired up as ever…probably 85 million+ at this point. They are coming.
I will tell you exactly how you fire them up, have Trump as Republican nominee. Joe Biden didn’t win in 2020, Trump lost. I know a fair number of people who voted straight Republican with the exception of one office, the presidency. They voted for Biden or a third-party instead. By the way, one of those people is me who voted for the Libertarian.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:30 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,538,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocytoma View Post
If situations continue to worsen any generic republican can beat Biden. We should not nominate our own senile idiot who is unstable.
Just my feelings. How does everyone else feel?
I am afraid Trump will be elected purely for payback over the democrats actions. Though I am not the biggest fan of Trump, it would be worth it to me to see the liberals tears after the way the liberals acted. They must pay and anyway I can do that.. I will take the opportunity.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I already said same several times.
Trump is toxic.
There are too many people that, rationally or not, dislike him. Bringing him back, to ride the long gone wave, will push those people away. It'd have been short on sabotage, to let him run as primary candidate. It's too risky, in fight that comes, when every single vote will count.
And, to be honesty, as of lately, he is digging his own political grave with big shovel. People want DeSantis types, not ones that fight with them or show off boosted.
Just saying.
I hope he keeps digging his grave. I initially felt bad when he was black listed from social media... but now I understand how good it was for the party.

On the right you have high, and low propensity voters.

Trump brought out 10s of millions of dormant people. I give him credit for that. These people also voted GOP down ballot. The high propensity voters split their ticket with Biden on top, and GOP down bottom.

Without social media those low propensity voters now have a chance to stick to someone sane like DeSantis.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:32 AM

1,655 posts, read 773,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I will tell you exactly how you fire them up, have Trump as Republican nominee. Joe Biden didn’t win in 2020, Trump lost. I know a fair number of people who voted straight Republican with the exception of one office, the presidency. They voted for Biden or a third-party instead. By the way, one of those people is me who voted for the Libertarian.
Nope. Not even Trump can fire up people to vote for the hell on earth Biden has created.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:33 AM

1,655 posts, read 773,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I am afraid Trump will be elected purely for payback over the democrats actions. Though I am not the biggest fan of Trump, it would be worth it to me to see the liberals tears after the way the liberals acted. They must pay and anyway I can do that.. I will take the opportunity.
Dems spent 5 years trying to defeat Trump. There will be retribution.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:37 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,137,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
If you want people like me to vote -- it's Trump or we stay home.

And if people like us stay home... people who can't stand the system... you lose.

You decide.
If they want people like me to vote – – it’s not Trump, I just can not and will not do it. And if people like me won’t vote for the Republican… people who are normally a sure vote AND who vote for the Republicans down ticket … The Democrats win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies