Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 06:38 AM

494 posts, read 370,113 times

Advertisements

I say this painful fact as a two time voting Trump supporter.

Trump's inability to end his presidency in a strong way, and his complete lack of political acumen was on full display in 2020. He's lost his mind a long time ago.

I understand his anger over how everything collapsed in march of 2020, and the political ramifications. I understand the feeling that he did a damn good job given the circumstances but the media/biden destroyed him with false narratives. But it's time to MOVE ON.

If situations continue to worsen any generic republican can beat Biden. We should not nominate our own senile idiot who is unstable.

Just my feelings. How does everyone else feel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 06:41 AM

3,319 posts, read 2,340,554 times
There's not another Republican candidate who will garner the enthusiasm that Trump will.

We've tried Democrat-lite in the past, and it failed (over and over again).

Trump is a lot of things (some good, some bad). Senile isn't one of them.

Old 02-01-2022, 06:43 AM

29,825 posts, read 24,913,395 times
More than likely, it's going to be either Trump or DeSantis. Between those two, the choice will have already been made for me. I'm willing to vote for either one over Biden. DeSantis might be a safer choice politically, but a whole lot of people remember and desire to bring back the Trump era policies and economic windfalls.

Old 02-01-2022, 06:46 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocytoma View Post
I say this painful fact as a two time voting Trump supporter.

Trump's inability to end his presidency in a strong way, and his complete lack of political acumen was on full display in 2020. He's lost his mind a long time ago.

I understand his anger over how everything collapsed in march of 2020, and the political ramifications. I understand the feeling that he did a damn good job given the circumstances but the media/biden destroyed him with false narratives. But it's time to MOVE ON.

If situations continue to worsen any generic republican can beat Biden. We should not nominate our own senile idiot who is unstable.

Just my feelings. How does everyone else feel?
Politics and leadership of the nation is not a football game.

Further, as conservatives, the last person we would take advice and direction from is a liberal.

We want COMPETENT leadership and someone who is not so PC that they are afraid to tell the truth. Libs hate Trump because he was cutting into the Washington insider corruption game (both on the part of dems and republicans). Dems were gullible to buy into all the extraneous "mean tweets" the DNC and the oligarchs fed them as propaganda to keep their scam viable.

Old 02-01-2022, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
There's not another Republican candidate who will garner the enthusiasm that Trump will.

Desantis can also get that level of enthusiasm. Hell even bland Glenn Youngkin became a cult figure in VA. Thats how bad the current times are.

I'm not asking for Democrat lite like Romney/McCain... but just someone who knows how to win.

He is becoming senile/crazy for sure. Maybe not at Biden's level... but his statements are just insane. Attacking Mike Pence? Seriously?

Old 02-01-2022, 06:48 AM

21,136 posts, read 19,722,567 times
If DeSantis runs in the primary, I will vote for him over Trump. But if Trump is nominated, I will vote for him over Brandon in the general.

I voted for Cruz in the 2020 Primary against Trump, but voted for Trump both times in the general.

I really don't care for Trump's style, but I like his policies. As my status says: "I vote for policies, not personalities."

Old 02-01-2022, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
More than likely, it's going to be either Trump or DeSantis. Between those two, the choice will have already been made for me. I'm willing to vote for either one over Biden. DeSantis might be a safer choice politically, but a whole lot of people remember and desire to bring back the Trump era policies and economic windfalls.
Same here but nostalgia isn't reality. Trump creates Democrat turnout. How else does a senile old man hiding in his basement get 81M votes?

It's one thing to turnout your base... its another thing to turnout the opposition party's base.

Old 02-01-2022, 06:49 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post

Non-affiliated voters don't like Trump (or Biden)

You need the non-D\R voters to win the presidency.

I think that there are plenty of decent R's out there that don't carry Trumps baggage with those voters, same goes for the D's but will they even be allowed to run?

Could be REALLY interesting if there is a bloodbath in the midterms and Biden continues to sink in the polls, what will the Democrats do? Long way off yet.

Old 02-01-2022, 06:51 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If DeSantis runs in the primary, I will vote for him over Trump. But if Trump is nominated, I will vote for him over Brandon in the general.

I voted for Cruz in the 2020 Primary against Trump, but voted for Trump both times in the general.

I really don't care for Trump's style, but I like his policies. As my status says: "I don't vote for people, I vote for policies".
If Trump runs again I'm registering Republican to vote for someone else in the primary if Biden is running for re-election. If the election were today, Trump would be Biden's only chance of winning.

Old 02-01-2022, 06:52 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocytoma View Post
Same here but nostalgia isn't reality. Trump creates Democrat turnout. How else does a senile old man hiding in his basement get 81M votes?

It's one thing to turnout your base... its another thing to turnout the opposition party's base.
He didn't get 81 million real votes- there is no way Biden got even 60 million.

The last thing we want is a "politician as usual" who is a trained liar and indistinguishable from a democrat.

We had Bush, Romney, and McCain as options previously. Are you kidding? They were all RINOs that might as well have been left wing democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies