Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 07:20 AM

927 posts, read 585,484 times

Advertisements

If Trump was rightfully there instead of people holding their nose and voting the asinine guy how would the current unstable market be by now? Do you think it would've been allowed to go on this long to the point the big triple AAA companies are holding back on their best stuff? Nintendo was going to release the Switch Pro but had to downgrade due to the unstable shortages so what we got was the OLED which inside leaks were both right and wrong about I think due to last minute choices in an unstable world that used to be 'crazy conspiracy theory land'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 07:56 AM

7,822 posts, read 4,560,635 times
Things would have been the same unless Trump magically could have mitigated the effects of a worldwide pandemic.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:59 AM

10,409 posts, read 6,946,810 times
I'd assume use powers to create chips.

Old 02-01-2022, 08:04 AM

17,296 posts, read 12,225,030 times
It's not like they are made here and it's a worldwide shortage. We couldn't suddenly put up a bunch of chip making plants. So pretty much the same. Problem was created under his term to begin with, not that it was directly his fault.

Old 02-01-2022, 08:09 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,011,020 times
In what version of your reality could he change things? It is what it is, no matter who stands at the podium with seal of the U.S President.

Old 02-01-2022, 09:34 AM

6,774 posts, read 9,327,743 times
I think the situation would still exist. However, if the Trump Administration was still in place, they would likely TRY to at lest help to find creative ways to kick start domestic production of chips, whether it’s by ensuring that needless regulations aren’t getting in the way, or evaluating other options to help the private sector. I’m not sure that they would be successful because some of this is due to availability of raw materials, but they would at least try.

Meanwhile, the inept and horrific Biden Administration just throws their arms up in despair, blames COVID, and behind the scenes champions policies that are destructive to the economy.

Old 02-01-2022, 09:42 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,816,953 times
So you're thinking Trump would have helped China build chips for a Chinese product during a pandemic. This is your brain on video games.

Old 02-01-2022, 09:42 AM

20,862 posts, read 9,515,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I think the situation would still exist. However, if the Trump Administration was still in place, they would likely TRY to at lest help to find creative ways to kick start domestic production of chips, whether it’s by ensuring that needless regulations aren’t getting in the way, or evaluating other options to help the private sector. I’m not sure that they would be successful because some of this is due to availability of raw materials, but they would at least try.

Meanwhile, the inept and horrific Biden Administration just throws their arms up in despair, blames COVID, and behind the scenes champions policies that are destructive to the economy.
Yes indeed, they are trying.

Old 02-01-2022, 09:45 AM

6,774 posts, read 9,327,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Oh right, I forgot about this. Well, I was wrong, and I’ll admit that.

But I’m not wrong when I say that despite all of this, this administration is still a dumpster fire. The ridiculous vaccine mandates on the trucking industry will ensure that these chips aren’t delivered quickly.

Old 02-01-2022, 10:08 AM

8,605 posts, read 10,136,635 times
The TSMC deal was under Trump's watch:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/14/t...-facility.html

https://siliconangle.com/2020/05/10/...ip-production/

Interestingly:

Quote:
Democratic lawmakers on Tuesday urged the Trump administration to answer “serious questions” about Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing’s plans to build a U.S.-based $12 billion plant, flagging national security concerns and potentially undisclosed subsidies.
And:

Quote:
In a letter addressed Tuesday to Ross and Defense Secretary Mark Esper, top Senate Democrat Chuck Schumer and two colleagues said they “strongly support” efforts by the administration to “on-shore” semiconductor plants in the United States.

But Schumer, along with Patrick Leahy and Jack Reed, urged more transparency and asked the government to consider “companies that already have built a significant presence in the U.S.”, citing Micron, GlobalFoundries and Cree.

We have serious questions as to how this project takes into consideration national security requirements and how it aligns with a broader strategy for building a diverse U.S. semiconductor manufacturing supply chain,” the men wrote of the TSMC plan.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/20/sena...lant-deal.html

Libs can't make up their minds as to whether or not they take national security seriously.

Intel:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/08/t...y-arizona.html

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-a...cy-11589103002

GlobalFoundries:

https://www.timesunion.com/business/...n-15262426.php

Samsung:

Quote:
Certain US officials are also looking at helping South Korea's Samsung Electronics, which has a chip factory in Austin, Texas, to expand its contract-manufacturing operations in the United States, the Journal reported.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/08/t...y-arizona.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies