Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 07:54 AM

7,676 posts, read 5,516,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
plenty were/are, and it is shameful.

Just as shameful though are conspiratorial accusations of mass killings of children and putting babies in ovens. Almost all those sites found turned out to be legitimate cemeteries, fields with underground roots, and where there were children they had been victims of disease like Tuberculosis
You’re nuts. There was no claim of mass killings (look up the definition) or putting babies in ovens. In fact there were no babies at all in residential schools. Children were horribly mistreated, including sexual abuse in some cases, and were not given proper medical care. A lot the children died over a period of several decades. The bodies were not returned to their families. It’s impossible to know exactly what happened without being given access to Catholic records of the time. The Catholic Church has been stalling on that for decades.

The survivors talk about the mistreatment they witnessed and experienced themselves and they remember their classmates who died. Some were forced to dig the graves. Families want answers as to what exactly happened and they want to know where their family members are buried.

Last edited by cdnirene; 02-04-2022 at 08:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2022, 08:09 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,699,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
You’re nuts. There was no claim of mass killings (look up the definition) or putting babies in ovens
No claim, really? The CBC sure claimed the church put babies in ovens, they put two natives to make those
accusations on its documentary based on total fabricated rumors. See the 5:47 to 6:20 minute mark here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoejbDr0suQ

Not One Corpse Has Been Found In The ‘Mass Grave’ Of Indigenous Children In Canada
https://thefederalist.com/2022/01/19...ren-in-canada/

wake up! your media is lying to you like it has been in most Western democracies in recent years. It's gotten completely ridiculous and frankly, malicious

Old 02-04-2022, 08:23 AM

Quote:
No claim, really? The CBC sure claimed the church put babies in ovens, they put two natives to make those
accusations on its documentary based on total fabricated rumors. See the 5:47 to 6:20 minute mark here:

(YouTube)

Not One Corpse Has Been Found In The ‘Mass Grave’ Of Indigenous Children In Canada
https://thefederalist.com/2022/01/19...ren-in-canada/

wake up! your media is lying to you like it has been in most Western democracies in recent years. It's gotten completely ridiculous and frankly, malicious
I don’t see anyone from the CBC claiming that happened. I don’t see anyone claiming they witnessed babies being put into ovens.

The families want to know where their family members are buried. The Catholic Church which handled the burials doesn’t seem to want to help them find out.

Old 02-04-2022, 08:34 AM

Quote:
I don’t see anyone from the CBC claiming that happened. I don’t see anyone claiming they witnessed babies being put into ovens.

The families want to know where their family members are buried. The Catholic Church which handled the burials doesn’t seem to want to help them find out.
Did you not watch from 5:47 to 6:20? That was CBC footage from their documentary

Of course nobody witnessed it, because it never happened. All the CBC state media can do is push wild rumors by finding a couple people to claim they "heard that" priests put babies in the incinerators to stoke the anti-religious sentiment in Canada in order to promote the state as the new religion.

Which, as you know, resulted in a wave of Church burnings in Canada:
https://www.lifenews.com/2021/07/20/...ion-continues/

The entire false characterization of "mass graves" is supposed to stir up hatred and conger up images of the holocaust with mass murders and crimes against humanity, which is a disgusting sham I never thought Canadians could ever perpetuate.

You are being led down a very dark path by your ideological ruling class in Canada, as we have also been here in the United States. But the tide has shifted, and it will also eventually shift in Canada

Old 02-04-2022, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Did you not watch from 5:47 to 6:20? That was CBC footage from their documentary

Of course nobody witnessed it, because it never happened. All the CBC state media can do is push wild rumors by finding a couple people to claim they "heard that" priests put babies in the incinerators to stoke the anti-religious sentiment in Canada in order to promote the state as the new religion.

Which, as you know, resulted in a wave of Church burnings in Canada:
https://www.lifenews.com/2021/07/20/...ion-continues/

The entire false characterization of "mass graves" is supposed to stir up hatred and conger up images of the holocaust with mass murders and crimes against humanity, which is a disgusting sham I never thought Canadians could ever perpetuate.

You are being led down a very dark path by your ideological ruling class in Canada, as we have also been here in the United States. But the tide has shifted, and it will also eventually shift in Canada
Yes, I watched the video segment. I didn’t see anyone from the CBC claim babies were put in ovens. Without some proof, I don’t believe it. I can believe there were rumors among the children. From their perspective, their “caregivers” were evil.

Old 02-04-2022, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Yes, I watched the video segment. I didn’t see anyone from the CBC claim babies were put in ovens. Without some proof, I don’t believe it. I can believe there were rumors among the children. From their perspective, their “caregivers” were evil.
We basically agree. I do understand that terrible wrongs were made a century ago in the treatment of native kids, my point is that this has been magnified and exaggerated falsely by several orders of magnitude to a genocidal implication in order to push some very nefarious objectives

Old 02-04-2022, 08:56 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,984,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
I hope so too. I love Canada. Before the pandemic I went to Montreal weekly and Ottawa monthly. I even braved the far north and lack of English speakers in Quebec city once in a while. It's a great country. I hate to see it ruined by bozos like True-Dope.
Interesting that you loved to visit some of the most 'liberal' communities in Canada and are thinking that they will fare better with a conservative federal govt.

Old 02-04-2022, 09:05 AM

O'Toole is being ousted because he lost the federal election.

Not sure how that's some indication that the conservative movement is growing in Canada.

Old 02-04-2022, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
O'Toole is being ousted because he lost the federal election.

Not sure how that's some indication that the conservative movement is growing in Canada.
It was leaning towards that in 2023. That it happened in February 2022 was completely unexpected and a direct result of the populist trucker movement. It gave the conservative party that push of support it needed to justify a shift back to right of center and to justify opposing COVID tyranny

Old 02-04-2022, 09:08 AM

Quote:
It was leaning towards that in 2023. That it happened in February 2022 was completely unexpected and a direct result of the populist trucker movement. It gave the conservative party that push of support it needed to justify a shift back to right of center and to justify opposing COVID tyranny
They have been talking about it for months. Conservatives (especially in the west) have been disgruntled and calling to oust him -- they weren't going to wait until 2023.

(I actually vote in Canadian elections ---- lol).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies