Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2022, 09:37 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
I think you have to check the source and see for yourself before you judge my math.

Did it occur to you there may be more than two categories on the graph, or that the total number added up to a little less than 100%?

Maybe check peoples’ sources before you comment on any posts related to them. Instead, you thought you’d criticize my math when all that does is demonstrate you didn’t even bother to look at the source. How can I take anything you write seriously when you can’t even be bothered to check a primary source before insulting someone’s math skills. I didn’t do any math. I just transcribed the relevant numbers and posted my source for others to look at for themselves.
Looks like cumulative data, which is completely irrelevant at this stage. The numbers for say, the past 4 weeks is VERY VERY different.

The biggest eye opener is Israel, where essentially everyone is boosted and with a 4th shot and they are breaking world records in infection rates from COVID. It would appear that taking more boosters makes you more vulnerable to being infected with COVID-19
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2022, 09:45 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Candace Bergen has been voted as interim Conservative Party leader
https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...interim-leader

Old 02-02-2022, 10:09 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Candace Bergen has been voted as interim Conservative Party leader
https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...interim-leader
Candice Bergen is an MP for my province. I will NEVER forget the photo of her wearing a MAGA hat a year ago. What Canadian wouldn’t want a politician representing them who puts the interests of a foreign country above Canada? /s

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...-hat-1.5865727

And Andrew Scheer, who was the leader of Conservative Party before O’Toole? Three months before the 2019 Election, the press got wind that Scheer was a citizen of BOTH Canada and the U.S. What Canadian wouldn’t want a Prime Minister who was a citizen of another country and owed some loyalty to it? /s

Scheer quickly said he had started steps to divest himself of US citizenship. I cynically thought, “I bet he doesn’t do it if he loses the election.” He lost and I was right. I read two months later that he had stopped the process.

Old 02-02-2022, 11:14 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Ricky from Sunnyvale needs to run!

Old 02-02-2022, 11:27 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Candice Bergen is an MP for my province. I will NEVER forget the photo of her wearing a MAGA hat a year ago. What Canadian wouldn’t want a politician representing them who puts the interests of a foreign country above Canada? /s

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...-hat-1.5865727

And Andrew Scheer, who was the leader of Conservative Party before O’Toole? Three months before the 2019 Election, the press got wind that Scheer was a citizen of BOTH Canada and the U.S. What Canadian wouldn’t want a Prime Minister who was a citizen of another country and owed some loyalty to it? /s

Scheer quickly said he had started steps to divest himself of US citizenship. I cynically thought, “I bet he doesn’t do it if he loses the election.” He lost and I was right. I read two months later that he had stopped the process.
A link from the mainstream media? Oh...they're not biased at all/sarcasm.

How does her wearing a MAGA hat make you think she is putting the US before Canada? Have you thought that the hat represents the sentiment that says "Make Canada great again"?

Old 02-03-2022, 12:03 AM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
A link from the mainstream media? Oh...they're not biased at all/sarcasm.

How does her wearing a MAGA hat make you think she is putting the US before Canada? Have you thought that the hat represents the sentiment that says "Make Canada great again"?
No. The hat says “Make America Great Again” - You think she thought America was Canada?
Canada doesn’t aspire to greatness. Prosperity will do.

Trump was openly hostile to Canada and showed it by his actions. Biden is just indifferent… which is an improvement I guess.

Old 02-03-2022, 12:37 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
The root of the problem, just like in the US, is the university/college neo-marxist machine. They are indoctrinating thousands of young adults and their academic body is being used as the foundation for politicians to lean on
True that, the same drug fueled drug addicts of the 60s and 70s, couldn't get jobs in the real world so they stayed in School and studied Marx and Lenin, then called themselves Educated

Old 02-03-2022, 03:05 AM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
No. The hat says “Make America Great Again” - You think she thought America was Canada?

Trump was openly hostile to Canada and showed it by his actions. Biden is just indifferent… which is an improvement I guess.
MAGA, in some form or other, has been used in other countries. Yes, the first "A" is for America. Can you understand the sentiment behind the slogan when it is seen in other countries?

I think Trump disliked Trudeau and the feeling was mutual.

Old 02-03-2022, 04:38 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:

Of course Biden is just "indifferent". He probably couldn't even find Canada on a map.

Old 02-03-2022, 05:36 AM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:

Wow, Canadians get TDS too. Amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies