Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the moron be fired?
Yes 109 42.91%
Yes - deport her too 54 21.26%
No 65 25.59%
Educate her instead 26 10.24%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 08:15 AM

19,490 posts, read 12,122,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Here's what I don't understand:

Mayim Bialik was in the next segment of the show and agreed with her.

Mayim ("Blossom", "The Big Bang Theory") is Jewish.

Why is no one talking about that?

I still agree that it was about man's inhumanity towards man. There is nothing wrong about that statement. It is a true statement.

Why not allow a civil conversation about it instead of throwing her off?

Again, the show is trash, she's part of that stupid woke culture and wouldn't care if it was someone on the right, but it doesn't matter. 'Ignorance' is not 'ill intent'.

This is not the direction we should be cheering just because a trash woke person got treated with her own hatred back at her.

I'm sick of this dumb woke crap. We should be advocating for conversation, not shutting people down, I don't care who it is or what they said.

This crap needs to stop. I don't condone it happening to others (which is mainly against people on the right), why condone it for anyone?

This is not a direction we need to be going, regardless of who it is.

Let people talk, if they say something ignorant, dumb, hateful - then allow conversation, not demanding silence.

This. Is. Wrong.

Let's not become that which we hate.
That is interesting. I like to hear the whole conversation from the show and the whole context not just the one clip they keep playing.

I found Mayim said this-

Quote:
Bialik — who wrote her Harvard College entrance essay on the novel — said Maus "had a tremendous impact" on her and "on culture and our cultural understanding of [the] representation of the Holocaust."

"It should be disturbing to young people," the Jeopardy! host noted. "The genocide of six million Jews, and of 11 million people of all races, creeds, colors, sexual orientations, is incredibly significant and in an age-appropriate way, we should be educating all of our children."

Addressing Goldberg's earlier comments, Bialik shared, "As Whoopi said, it's not just about Jews and it's not about race. It is about the things that humans do to each other and we continue to do those things to each other. These things are going on, still, all over the world. Genocide still exists and that, to me, is even more reason why we should encourage an age-appropriate reading of things like Maus."
https://people.com/tv/the-view-whoop...us-discussion/

So are we going to fire her from Jeopardy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 08:25 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,663,410 times
Whoopi is a disciple of Critical Race Theory and doesn't even realize it

Old 02-03-2022, 09:07 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,210,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Race is a genetic construct, not a social one.

You can be called a white, black, mixed, dinosaur, but your genetic construct is still white, black, or Asian.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/...%20a%20species.
Then where do Ashkenazi Jews genetic structure fall into this racial categorization? By you acknowledging the holocaust was about race, surely you have to provide proof that Ashkenazi Jews aren’t an ethnic group of the larger white race. Otherwise, you should acknowledge that what we think of regarding race is largely a social construct. Which is it?

Old 02-03-2022, 09:10 AM

1,794 posts, read 882,341 times
Hopefully Whoppi will take this time off to get her growing obesity under control.

Old 02-03-2022, 09:16 AM

6,903 posts, read 2,643,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
Hell no she shouldn't be fired. Nor should she be suspended. She gave an opinion that raised eyebrows. So what.

We either support free speech or we don't.
Tell that to Sharon Osborne and Rosanne Barr.

Old 02-03-2022, 09:42 AM

15,066 posts, read 6,144,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
yanno, it occurs to me, 28.5 of the pages in this thread are worthless.

It matters not if pedantically someone can claim that " 'jews' are not a race, ergo whoppie is ok and should not be banned."

The REALITY is, the nazis treated them as a race. they even said so. Since they had all the machine guns, camps and gas chambers: ergo, yes it was about race. I have often posited that any card carrying liberal will be a dyed in the wool denier. win: me

What they did is not much different from the DNC position today. Just more extreme. AFAIK, all white males in the USA are of the same race - pedantically. But more than one prominent DNC POL, up to and including the one pres candidate that wont go away, has called for the harm (set your own examples) of white USA males who vote republican. (in a greater sense it is actually expanded to *anyone* who votes GOP - but you get the point)

how the hell is that different? (hint: it aint)

religion, ideology - neither are racial terms, but they are used as racial proxies to remove people. It should be more horrifying to read 29 pages of "people" AGREEING in principle with this.

I reiterate my stance on the issue. Whoopi is the poster child of the problem in america. The forward facing graphics. She should be left in place as a teaching moment for those unsure, and a reminder to others why they fight the good fight to keep her view (no pun) - legally held - on the fringe.
Guessing you didn’t read the 28.5 pages. At least half of the people here said that the Nazis perceived Jews to be a race and therefore their actions were racial.

Old 02-03-2022, 10:03 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,701,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
Hell no she shouldn't be fired. Nor should she be suspended. She gave an opinion that raised eyebrows. So what.

We either support free speech or we don'
t.

Normally I would agree with you on this issue. But the left has created the cancel culture and the battle has been joined! You can't have it both ways, cancel the Jew hater or cancel no one!

Old 02-03-2022, 10:08 AM

10,484 posts, read 4,312,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Guessing you didn’t read the 28.5 pages. At least half of the people here said that the Nazis perceived Jews to be a race and therefore their actions were racial.

sadly, I did.

"nuh uh"
"uh huh"
nuh uh"
uh huh" is not productive and makes up 28.5 pages.

read what I wrote.

Old 02-03-2022, 12:10 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,133,305 times
[quote=mascoma;62817301]But SLAVERY![/QUOT]

Uh, there is a huge difference between slavery and WHOLESALE SLAUGHTER.

Old 02-03-2022, 12:42 PM

18,432 posts, read 15,184,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
Then where do Ashkenazi Jews genetic structure fall into this racial categorization? By you acknowledging the holocaust was about race, surely you have to provide proof that Ashkenazi Jews aren’t an ethnic group of the larger white race. Otherwise, you should acknowledge that what we think of regarding race is largely a social construct. Which is it?
Anthropologically, there are 3 major races, or 4, depending on who you are talking to.

Caucasian races (Aryans, Hamites, Semites)

Mongolian races (northern Mongolian, Chinese and Indo-Chinese, Japanese and Korean, Tibetan, Malayan, Polynesian, Maori, Micronesian, Eskimo, American Indian)

Negroid races (African, Hottentots, Melanesians/Papua, “Negrito”, Australian Aborigine, Dravidians, Sinhalese)

The 4th one is Australoid, removing Australian and Melanesians, who have dark skin and straight/wavy hair, from the Negroid race.

There are around 30 subgroups, and more than 5000 ethnicities.

Ashkenazi's are an ethnicity, with many genetic similarities found within unrelated people in the group.

But we are discussing racism, which in a modern sense, often does not only involve hatred toward one of the 3 major racial categories. It often involves hatred toward an ethnicity or racial subgroup.

If it is Whoopi's assertion that Hitler was not a racist, we can have that discussion, but it does seem like an absurd assertion. Doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies