Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the moron be fired?
Yes 109 42.91%
Yes - deport her too 54 21.26%
No 65 25.59%
Educate her instead 26 10.24%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 08:33 PM

9,944 posts, read 5,618,641 times

Advertisements

This about sums it up:

Attached Thumbnails
Whoopi Goldberg is suspended from ‘The View’-double-standard-25.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 09:16 PM

17,456 posts, read 6,784,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Oh yes it does.

Oh yes it does.

Who cares.

What would be cool, since you seem to be in the middle, but only calling out people like me, is to call those out that you agree with (anti-trump) since it seems you're trying to be the referee.
Dude has incurable TDS. Best to ignore him.

Old 02-03-2022, 09:30 PM

15,066 posts, read 6,144,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You're staunch leftist/liberal/trump hater, yes?
Huh? No, no and unlike you, I don’t hate anyone.

And what does Trump have to do with this discussion?

Weird.

Old 02-03-2022, 09:31 PM

26,650 posts, read 28,557,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I am confused by the Whoopie apology for saying that Jewish people are not a race. I'm guilty of that my entire life. I've always said that Jewish people practice Judaism, which is a religion. Jewish people who stop practicing Judaism are no longer Jewish. They do not suddenly become a different race.

Hitler said that Jewish is an "inferior race," but why would anyone today to rely on Hitler's ideas? If we're going to take Hitler's word for it, then western religions of Judaism, Islam and Christianity are different races.

Whoopi's explanation for agreeing that Jewish is a race:
"As Jonathan Greenblatt of the Anti-Defamation League shared, "The Holocaust was about the Nazi's systematic annihilation of the Jewish people -- who they deemed to be an inferior race." I stand corrected."
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/31/enter...cec/index.html
I am confused too. I always was taught that Judaism was a religion. I was taught that there were three races--to make it simple: black, white, Asian. If a Jewish person stops being Jewish, they are still of the white race if they were white to begin with.

Just because Hitler referred to them as a race doesn't mean they were a race. He killed a lot of people and that included Polish people who were also usually white. He was trying to create more people with blonde hair and blue eyes. He was crazy too. But if people have changed our language so that words mean something else now, then that could be why she didn't say the "politically correct" thing.

This topic is about a lot of nothing as far as I am concerned. Hitler was anti-semitic but he was anti other things too, anti intellectual, anti dark hair or skin, anti, anti, anti. This whole thing is a tempest in a teapot.

Old 02-03-2022, 09:37 PM

15,066 posts, read 6,144,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Disliking Trump doesn't make anyone a leftist, nor a liberal.

It doesn't definitively make anyone anything other than someone who dislikes Trump.

Trump isn't even conservative.
That poster’s behavior is strange.

We are in a discussion about Whoopi’s statement and he comes out of left-field with irrelevant questions…blabbing about Trump.

Old 02-03-2022, 10:15 PM

2,155 posts, read 2,294,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I am confused too. I always was taught that Judaism was a religion. I was taught that there were three races--to make it simple: black, white, Asian. If a Jewish person stops being Jewish, they are still of the white race if they were white to begin with.

Just because Hitler referred to them as a race doesn't mean they were a race. He killed a lot of people and that included Polish people who were also usually white. He was trying to create more people with blonde hair and blue eyes. He was crazy too. But if people have changed our language so that words mean something else now, then that could be why she didn't say the "politically correct" thing.

This topic is about a lot of nothing as far as I am concerned. Hitler was anti-semitic but he was anti other things too, anti intellectual, anti dark hair or skin, anti, anti, anti. This whole thing is a tempest in a teapot.
There you go knowing how to engage in a discussion and share a point of view. How refreshing!

Last edited by winterbird; 02-03-2022 at 10:49 PM..

Old 02-03-2022, 10:30 PM

13,273 posts, read 8,392,925 times
the following is standard:
The world population can be divided into 4 major races, namely white/Caucasian, Mongoloid/Asian, Negroid/Black, and Australoid. This is based on a racial classification made by Carleton S. Coon in 1962. There is no universally accepted classification for “race”, however, and its use has been under fire over the last few decades

There are many "faiths" though that are targeted in heinous acts of violence to illicit further distain. Should the oppressed fight back they are labeled.

Even under the guise of "Christianity" there is known acts of violence towards other "faiths" ( note by editor: NOT by RACE) . The Spanish Inquisition being one of them.

Ignorance is the foundation.

I think most who do tend to bring controversy are over generalizing or misunderstanding the usage in its overall context. Whoopi may have fell into that category in her "opinion" piece. Is it the public viewers place though to decide the employment status or discontinuous of a contract? Nope. We are not dictators of others .

Old 02-03-2022, 10:36 PM

9,944 posts, read 5,618,641 times
Really though, is it that confusing? "I'm just not sure if Hitler was a racist or not. Let me scratch my head on that one for a while."

Do you think Whoopi waved off the tiki-torch-wielding idiots at Charlottesville chanting "Jews will not replace us" as an internal squabble among white people that didn't implicate her race in any way, or just a bunch of yahoos celebrating man's inhumanity to man?

Old 02-03-2022, 10:58 PM

31,949 posts, read 14,955,784 times
She shouldn't be fired. Many equate race as being black and white. So in her mind..... whites who felt superior to other whites wasn't about race. It was about inhumanity to men.

Old 02-03-2022, 11:07 PM

13,375 posts, read 4,227,870 times
Well they fired Roseanne Barr for a tweet and she apologized and no cigars. Whoopi got 2 weeks vacation. Same company ABC/Disney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies