Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the moron be fired?
Yes 109 42.91%
Yes - deport her too 54 21.26%
No 65 25.59%
Educate her instead 26 10.24%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 11:25 AM

46,219 posts, read 26,980,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Huh? No, no and unlike you, I don’t hate anyone.

And what does Trump have to do with this discussion?

Weird.
Huh, neither do I....I disagree with a lot, but there were things that I even agreed with obama about.

Just pointing out a fact that you hate (dislike ) folks on the right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2022, 11:56 AM

1,021 posts, read 439,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Horrible Remarks by Whoopi.

What's more more horrible is her party of friends watching her burn
but not to worry. This group revealed the true nature of this two sided coin.

One only has to look back to Rosie O'Donnell. Love to hear what she has to say.

If you are white it's cancel culture. If you are black it's two weeks suspended culture.

As for Whoopi.................what a Caryn, or is it Karen..........ummmmm......... Really ?
"Karens" are white.

"Caryns" are black (thank you Whoopi Goldberg a/k/a Caryn Johnson).

Equality in their arrogant, privileged, and entitled attitudes.

Last edited by MPK21; 02-04-2022 at 12:29 PM..

Old 02-04-2022, 12:22 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,322,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
She needs to be removed. WTF was she thinking?

African Americans have never experienced anything like the Holocaust.
The Nazist were actually inspired by what America did to blacks.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...luenced-hitler
https://www.history.com/news/how-the...ed-by-jim-crow
https://press.princeton.edu/books/ha...american-model

and even with that said, Whoopi was still right, the Holocaust was an ethnic cleansing. I just saw 3 multiple videos of rabbis saying jews were not a race. So no i don't think Whoopi should have been suspended. I think this is alot of fake outrage.

Old 02-04-2022, 12:32 PM

20,112 posts, read 16,089,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post

and even with that said, Whoopi was still right, the Holocaust was an ethnic cleansing. I just saw 3 multiple videos of rabbis saying jews were not a race. So no i don't think Whoopi should have been suspended. I think this is alot of fake outrage.
Are you under the impression that ethnic cleansing is somehow not as horrendous as racism and really not even serious enough to be discussed on equal footing? Because that message is the real issue with what she said, how she said it, and how she attempted to “apologize” for it.

Old 02-04-2022, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
It wasn't only about one word either because she went on to qualify it, saying it was white on white, completely dissociating the ethnic part of the equation, which was the most significant factor.
white on white still includes ethnicity though. why are people being obtuse? it was one white ethnic group genociding another white ethnic group.

Again i ask, why are people being obtuse here?

She never defended hitler, she never downplayed the holocaust, she never denied the holocaust, she used a commonly accepted scope of race and ethnicity. People are clearly making up some overly convoluted excuse to attack her here.

Old 02-04-2022, 12:34 PM

1,021 posts, read 439,750 times
Quote:

...of course the United States must now be blamed for The Holocaust.

''fake outrage?"...it would just be consistent then with the 99.5% ''outrage'' going on today.

Plus this Rooster among those Hens on The View (with collective IQ under 200) really needs to be sat on. Caryn is a big race baiter so it's about time she got shut-up, even if it's for 2 weeks.

This suspension b.s. is just to keep her out of sight; really, ''spend time to reflect on what you said'' is an appropriate punishment in 3rd grade...surprised she's not tasked with writing out 100x...oh, maybe something like ''whites can be victims''...lol

Caryn Johnson never was the sharpest knife in the drawer though; actually let's make that...never was a sharp knife in the drawer.

Last edited by MPK21; 02-04-2022 at 12:42 PM..

Old 02-04-2022, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Are you under the impression that ethnic cleansing is somehow not as horrendous as racism? Because that message is the real issue with what she said, how she said it, and how she attempted to “apologize” for it.
You are strawmanning. Ethnic cleansing doesn't mean better or worse than anything. Millions of people still died because of their ethnicity. Do you see how you added your own words here? Nobody, including Whoopi is downplaying the Holocaust, but people are clearly being obtuse about "race" and "ethnicity" just to attack Whoopi.

Old 02-04-2022, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
...of course the United States must now be blamed for The Holocaust.

''fake outrage?"...it would just be consistent then with the 99.5% ''outrage'' going on today.
it is fake outrage. here's a video of a rabbi saying Jewish isn't a race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2xo32UX_J8

i saw a couple other jewish people saying they weren't a race. This is a lot of fake outrage and people pretending she said a lot of stuff that she never said.

edit: and i didn't say the US is to blame, somebody said black never went through anything like Holocaust, when the reality is what blacks in america went through inspired the Nazis. Lots ofpeople in putting words in people mouths.

Old 02-04-2022, 12:40 PM

20,112 posts, read 16,089,167 times
Quote:
white on white still includes ethnicity though. why are people being obtuse? it was one white ethnic group genociding another white ethnic group.

Again i ask, why are people being obtuse here?

She never defended hitler, she never downplayed the holocaust, she never denied the holocaust, she used a commonly accepted scope of race and ethnicity. People are clearly making up some overly convoluted excuse to attack her here.
Just FYI. You, like Whoopi, are using too narrow of a definition.
Quote:
race
rās
noun
  1. A group of people identified as distinct from other groups because of supposed physical or genetic traits shared by the group. Most biologists and anthropologists do not recognize race as a biologically valid classification, in part because there is more genetic variation within groups than between them.
  2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution.
  3. A genealogical line; a lineage.
Quote:
You are strawmanning. Ethnic cleansing doesn't mean better or worse than anything. Millions of people still died because of their ethnicity. Do you see how you added your own words here? Nobody, including Whoopi is downplaying the Holocaust, but people are clearly being obtuse about "race" and "ethnicity" just to attack Whoopi.
I think you also need to reconsider who is being obtuse, given the definition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 02-04-2022, 12:40 PM

782 posts, read 364,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
ABC seemed to set that precedent with Roseanne Barr, no?
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies