Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the moron be fired?
Yes 109 42.91%
Yes - deport her too 54 21.26%
No 65 25.59%
Educate her instead 26 10.24%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 03:59 PM

1,173 posts, read 550,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I agree it’s rather ludicrous, especially given at the time there were oodles of articles and even a few books poking fun at Jewish American Princesses. They even had what was considered a cutesy acronym- *** (ah…. I see that is not allowed by the filter so use the three first initials) But you are acting like reaching back into someone’s past to find stupid words or deeds, that were not considered scandalous at the time but now will get you an evil person designation, is not something done all the time to destroy people.

We do need to stop holding the people’s behavior decades ago to today’s standards.

Want to know someone getting the royal reaming in that respect as we speak? Prince Andrew. If he was engaged in sexual activity with the woman suing him, she was above the legal age of consent of the time period it happened. Additionally, during that time 30-40 year old men scoring a “hot teen” was socially considered kind of skanky but not criminal or abusive. Just like during that time trying sneak a feel of boob over a sweater while both were drunk at a party was considered drunken antics, and would have never been considered a reason to deny a Supreme Court nomination 35 years later.

Whoopi has been all for destroying those two people, along with others, based on decades ago behavior, so I am really struggling to understand the justification for not holding her to the same standards she demands of others.
Yes , we all agree it’s stupid to go after someone for a joke 30years ago. But it’s the left that started the trend and it’s beautiful they’re finally getting a taste of their own hypocritical medicine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2022, 04:05 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
The wombat lead on the view is the dumbest female I have ever seen.

Old 02-05-2022, 04:26 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I watched it once to see what it was all about. Turns out it's about a bunch of clueless idiots talking about stuff they know absolutely nothing about, while they spread misinformation to the audience.

It's no wonder this country gets dumber by the day.
m̶i̶s̶i̶n̶f̶o̶r̶m̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶ lies

Old 02-05-2022, 04:28 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith
I watched it once to see what it was all about. Turns out it's about a bunch of clueless idiots talking about stuff they know absolutely nothing about, while they spread misinformation to the audience.
I don't watch it, but your description of it sounds like the TV version of City Data.
L. O. L.

I don't care who you are, that ^^^ is hilarious!

Old 02-05-2022, 04:30 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Exactly. Now you're getting it.

I think?
We used to call that stomping pissants while elephants ran wild.

Old 02-05-2022, 04:34 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,984,032 times
Quote:
I didn't really care about this story. But it just got absolutely absurd.

https://redstate.com/mike_miller/202...merges-n517670

Bon Appetit!
Her last name is Goldberg, a fine Jewish name. I've wondered if she comes from Jewish heritage... Yep, she considers herself a Jew. https://www.nickiswift.com/619739/th...ip-to-judaism/

Old 02-05-2022, 04:39 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I agree it’s rather ludicrous, especially given at the time there were oodles of articles and even a few books poking fun at Jewish American Princesses. They even had what was considered a cutesy acronym- *** (ah…. I see that is not allowed by the filter so use the three first initials) But you are acting like reaching back into someone’s past to find stupid words or deeds, that were not considered scandalous at the time but now will get you an evil person designation, is not something done all the time to destroy people.

We do need to stop holding the people’s behavior decades ago to today’s standards.

Want to know someone getting the royal reaming in that respect as we speak? Prince Andrew. If he was engaged in sexual activity with the woman suing him, she was above the legal age of consent of the time period it happened. Additionally, during that time 30-40 year old men scoring a “hot teen” was socially considered kind of skanky but not criminal or abusive. Just like during that time trying sneak a feel of boob over a sweater while both were drunk at a party was considered drunken antics, and would have never been considered a reason to deny a Supreme Court nomination 35 years later.

Whoopi has been all for destroying those two people, along with others, based on decades ago behavior, so I am really struggling to understand the justification for not holding her to the same standards she demands of others.
True that.

My family's annual custom is to listen to Alice's Restaurant while washing up after after Thanksgiving dinner. One day the Grands went through all the records and found Kinky Friedman. They could not believe the things that were socially acceptable just a few short years ago. Especially the tune about They Ain't Making Jews Like Jesus, Anymore. Now after Alice's Restaurant, it's Kinky Friedman. Then the Austin Lounge Lizards. People fussing about CRT, need to listen to old records. Tom Leher is the best.

Old 02-05-2022, 05:22 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Quote:
Gutfeld made a joke the other night that the only people who are regularly watching "The View" are Guantanomo Bay prisoners.
Wouldn't that be cruel and unusual punishment under the Geneva Convention?

Old 02-05-2022, 05:24 PM

162 posts, read 76,496 times
Quote:
Gutfeld made a joke the other night that the only people who are regularly watching "The View" are Guantanomo Bay prisoners.
Yes, and many of them do not know it.

Old 02-05-2022, 05:25 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamhammer View Post
Yes , we all agree it’s stupid to go after someone for a joke 30years ago. But it’s the left that started the trend and it’s beautiful they’re finally getting a taste of their own hypocritical medicine.
I don't care for Whoopie and I certainly don't care for "The View", but people who get offended at the drop of a hat need to lighten up. They'd be a lot happier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies