Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 12:31 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
My neighbor gives Penzy for Christmas. I never heard of it until a few years ago.

I must say, tho, Penzy cinnamon is far better than any grocery store cinnamon I have ever bought. It even comes out of the shaker better.

We use it on oatmeal nearly every day. That already made oatmeal that you microwave or add hot water to is awful. And expensive. We just cook it and add stevia and cinnamon. One box of Costco oatmeal will last us a year.
Try Burlap & Barrel. If you don’t mind forking over the money for high quality their spices are nice… very nice.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:11 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
484 people gave Kirkland cinnamon a 5-star review.
27 gave it 4-stars.
6 gave it 3-stars.
4 gave it 2-stars.
5 gave it 1-star.

Apparently, most of us don't share your condescending tastebuds.
I love Costco. Shop there all the time. Have bought the cinnamon. It works fine. I'm sure the folks that put it in oatmeal, in cakes, on toast are perfectly pleased. But if someone wanted the highest quality spice they could get, you wouldn't buy it preground at all, nevermind that quantity. If you're a heavy frequent user of cinnamon for "everyday" use - it's great because it's the same price (if not less) than that sold in 1/8 the size containers in grocery stores.

It'd be like if you wanted a "steak", well the top sirloin fits the bill, but it's not as good as getting an aged Wagyu ribeye.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:20 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
484 people gave Kirkland cinnamon a 5-star review.
27 gave it 4-stars.
6 gave it 3-stars.
4 gave it 2-stars.
5 gave it 1-star.

Apparently, most of us don't share your condescending tastebuds.
Big difference between discerning and condescending.
Trusting reviews by Costco shoppers may be your first mistake.
Do a side by side comparison and tell me you can’t tell the difference
https://www.burlapandbarrel.com/prod...iABEgKP-_D_BwE

Well maybe you can’t, but most chefs absolutely can. That’s called be discerning.

Old 02-05-2022, 02:01 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,832,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Big difference between discerning and condescending.
Trusting reviews by Costco shoppers may be your first mistake.
Do a side by side comparison and tell me you can’t tell the difference
https://www.burlapandbarrel.com/prod...iABEgKP-_D_BwE

Well maybe you can’t, but most chefs absolutely can. That’s called be discerning.
So, Burlap and Barrel cinnamon is a higher grade than Pensy's? Surely there is yet another, more expensive, cinnamon that is even more exclusive to the "discerning"?

This conversation reminds me of coffee snobs extolling the virtues of "monkey poop coffee". (Coffee beans that have been eaten, partially digested, and passed through the bowels of civets before being harvested from poop and processed into drinkable coffee.) Up to $100 per cup.

Perhaps it is truly sublime, but I am willing to take your word for it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=monk...client=gws-wiz

Old 02-05-2022, 02:50 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,315,466 times
Of course this guy doesn't really explain what he's so upset about, save for a few sentences at the end. This guy is foaming at the mouth about states requiring photo id to vote, gerrymandering (though he doesn't say which particular instance of gerrymandering he finds to be so odious), and that five years or so ago Donald Trump said that there are rapists and criminals coming over the Mexican border. What would these people do if they ever faced real hardships in their lives, if they had to face war, conquest, or famine? They'd just kill themselves, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies