Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2022, 12:52 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times

Advertisements

People who support vaccine and mask mandates especially in places like schools are simply nuts at this point. Don't even listen to them just ignore them.

Everyone is back to normal around here and we're not going back to the way things were. That doesn't mean I don't support the right for people to wear masks should they choose to but I support just that.... choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2022, 06:45 PM

3,460 posts, read 2,783,899 times
Let me tell you how it will be
Freedom for me but not for thee
Cause I’m the vaxman
Yeahhhhh I’m thevaxmaaaannnnnn

Old 02-02-2022, 08:24 PM

1,139 posts, read 401,955 times
They basically had no real choice. While what SCTOUS ruled on only put the 6th circuit ruling on hold while they were considering the case, in reality even if 6th circuit ultimately ruled for OSHA policy, SCOTUS would have blocked anyway.

Old 02-03-2022, 09:00 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,508,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
I believe that the Supreme Court has ruled(or refused to hear cases) in effect making it legal for private employers. So at least as it stands now, a private employer can require someone to be vaccinated against COVID.

So it would take people to stand up and basically refuse to work for these employers who require it. I am sure as time goes on, now that employers no longer have the excuse that the "Government made us do it", many(but probably not all) will remove the requirement.
You are right, but still seems like an overreach. Wouldn't surprise me if there are private lawsuits in the future.

I am curious what will happen with this new development. If anyone is not aware, WV, VA and now TN are asking for a limited exemption to the healthcare mandate for rural hospitals.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...spital-workers

Latest update (below) is the feds are willing to meet with them. All hospitals have staffing issues. The larger hospitals in my state have been forced to get staffing assistance from the National Guard. Many rural areas have a significant elderly population who need services. The hospital staff is of course younger and at less risk. Even the head of the Coronavirus task force in my state supports this as it comes down to an assessment of the ratio of risk to benefit.

https://www.wboy.com/news/health/cor...ng-at-1-p-m-2/

Old 02-03-2022, 09:23 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
You are right, but still seems like an overreach. Wouldn't surprise me if there are private lawsuits in the future.

I am curious what will happen with this new development. If anyone is not aware, WV, VA and now TN are asking for a limited exemption to the healthcare mandate for rural hospitals.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...spital-workers

Latest update (below) is the feds are willing to meet with them. All hospitals have staffing issues. The larger hospitals in my state have been forced to get staffing assistance from the National Guard. Many rural areas have a significant elderly population who need services. The hospital staff is of course younger and at less risk. Even the head of the Coronavirus task force in my state supports this as it comes down to an assessment of the ratio of risk to benefit.

https://www.wboy.com/news/health/cor...ng-at-1-p-m-2/
I'll never understand the logic of letting perfectly good nurses be terminated just because we have a bunch of zealots that are hell-bent on getting everyone vaccinated. And I don't care if we've had mandates in the past. The bottom line is, it's time to use some common sense here. Nurses are perfectly capable of using PPE and the last thing we need during a time of such intense shortages is to be pulling a stunt like this based on totalitarianism.

Old 02-03-2022, 09:36 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Most hospitals adopted a vaccine policy months before mandate.

Houston Methodist was among the first to do so. It has about 25,000 employees. Of this 178 either resigned or were terminated due to their vaccine status. Not all were clinical. Quitting or termination for cause is a disqualifies for state Unemployment benefits.

Same deal in most medical and dental offices as well as pharmacies.

Old 02-03-2022, 09:46 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most hospitals adopted a vaccine policy months before mandate.

Houston Methodist was among the first to do so. It has about 25,000 employees. Of this 178 either resigned or were terminated due to their vaccine status. Not all were clinical. Quitting or termination for cause is a disqualifies for state Unemployment benefits.

Same deal in most medical and dental offices as well as pharmacies.
What does that have to do with the point I was making?! NOTHING.

Again, time to use some common sense instead of getting caught up on draconian rules that are actually putting more people at risk than need to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies