Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 08:04 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
The point still remains that making masks optional in schools didn’t see Covid spreading any more than in the schools where masks were required.
Plus how breathing in their slobber into their lungs all day, constantly pulling at it, not actually wearing it correctly and yes some coming home wearing a different masks because they traded with a friend, which happened with my nephew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2022, 08:22 AM

927 posts, read 586,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://nypost.com/2022/01/27/the-le...sk-wars-lowry/

I have to say that the “left” in America have been picking some very strange battles over the course of the pandemic. Battles that simply cannot be won. I don’t really understand the underlying political strategy.

For example,

-Biden saying he is would “shut down” the virus. This was arguably the primary focus of his campaign. A totally unwinnable war against a respiratory virus. Looks absolutely foolish in retrospect.

-Masks on school kids- There is essentially no evidence that they do anything to improve population health and protect kids in any way. Most countries have already dropped them. Yet in the US, The left is still screaming to keep the kids masked. Another unwinnable war.

-Virtual learning- destined to fail. Primarily would harm kids from low income groups. That’s what we said in 2020 and now we have plenty of data to back this up.
Aren't they MORE strictly enforced in other countries?

Old 02-04-2022, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
It became politicized right from the beginning when Democrats realized it was the only tool left they could use against Trump.
Actually the virus was going to be used against Hong Kong as they were protesting in the millions! They did not want to be part of China and the virus was released too soon. If it was done right it would've affected a large number of people right away then the virus would die along with the host at it's mature strength. Instead we have this slow cooker that is unpredictable because it wasn't fully matured enough and this rat got out of control now morphing into other strains like the common cold. We will fight this as effectively as fighting the common cold. Anyone found a solution yet to the cold?

Old 02-04-2022, 08:40 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,791,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanRabbi View Post
Actually the virus was going to be used against Hong Kong as they were protesting in the millions! They did not want to be part of China and the virus was released too soon. If it was done right it would've affected a large number of people right away then the virus would die along with the host at it's mature strength. Instead we have this slow cooker that is unpredictable because it wasn't fully matured enough and this rat got out of control now morphing into other strains like the common cold. We will fight this as effectively as fighting the common cold. Anyone found a solution yet to the cold?
Nope. But that won't stop the Democrats from wasting trillions of dollars launching yet another Endless Unwinnable War(TM), this time on a freaking virus.

Old 02-04-2022, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Nope. But that won't stop the Democrats from wasting trillions of dollars launching yet another Endless Unwinnable War(TM), this time on a freaking virus.
You didn't see the point of my post.

Old 02-04-2022, 12:01 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
From the actual study: "A majority believe 64 - 31 percent that masks or face coverings are effective in slowing the spread of COVID-19."

THIS is the problem. The majority of masks are NOT effective. That piece of cloth is blocking maybe 2%-10% of the virus you exhale. It has been studied to death, but Democrats can't or won't believe it. You cannot stop something from moving through the mask if it's smaller than the openings in the mask. It doesn't take a math or science degree to understand that very basic fact.

Can any one of the Democrats on this board explain why you believe a mask stops the virus, or even reduces it enough to make a difference? That first line is specifically about schools, so the vast majority of these kids are wearing an ill-fitting piece of cloth. But somehow this is great and really stops the virus?

I was in a second-grade classroom today, and four times I had to bend down and get within inches of a kid's face because I couldn't hear what the heck they were trying to tell me. The teacher was trying to read a chapter from a book, and the kids that weren't in the front row were fidgeting and whispering to each other, in large part because they couldn't hear the story and had nothing else to do. But by all means, let's keep everyone muzzled. I used to disagree with using that term, but that is sure what it felt like today.
You're exaggerating about your experience in a classroom. I've taught in classrooms with a mask on since this pandemic started and it is simply a minor inconvenience. The biggest inconvenience I have is having to remove the mask to drink coffee.

Quote:
the idea that the rags on kids face that they no doubt aren't even wearing correctly are doing anything to kids other than ruin their school experience is laughable. Dems are going to pay big time. We already got a taste of that with the Virginia election last year

as I said before, the US has one of, if not the most, strict mask rules for kids

https://nypost.com/2021/10/02/us-mas...oss-the-world/
Really? Many kids have never taken wearing masks seriously. Only about 10% are wearing masks in schools today since the schools made them optional.

Quote:
The point still remains that making masks optional in schools didn’t see Covid spreading any more than in the schools where masks were required.
Please cite your sources if you're going to make such a statement.

Old 02-04-2022, 12:53 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Not specifically the DNC, but the global elite (Soros, Rothchilds, etc.). And not just to hurt Trump (although it was very convenient), it was to bring about the great reset.
Oh, good grief. It's time to let go of that ridiculous conspiracy theory.

Quote:
I don't give a flying rat's ass what you wear over your nose and mouth. But leave me the hell alone. And no, that's not a suggestion.
Be prepared to not be welcome in specific places. No doubt anyone being a jerk about mask requirements won't be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
A few months ago on the weekend, there was a large gathering of teens, around 50 or so, that volunteered to clean up various beaches in our area. This was very cool to see. As I was doing my daily walk around the neighborhood, I passed the group of teens as they were walking down to the beach. They were I a big cluster. Not one was wearing a mask.
Sounds like a smart bunch of kids who know that the incidences of transmission are very low outdoors. So what's your point?

Quote:
yeah forcing kids and store workers to wear masks eight hours a day and requiring masks on planes and many cities still having mask mandates with no off ramp to when they will be removed is no big deal.
If you know when the pandemic is going to end, by all means share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
A poll from ohio about FL really you dig that up??
Quinnipiac University is in Connecticut. Nice try to debunk the source, but Quinnipiac polling is usually thorough and relevant.

The results of the poll were reported in an Ohio news site (among other places, no doubt); the location of the news outlet doing the reporting is irrelevant.

Do you truly not understand the distinction?

Old 02-04-2022, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

If you know when the pandemic is going to end, by all means share!
It's already over. Move on. Even Boob Biden is ready to move on.

Or not. Hide in your basement forever. Whatever.

Old 02-04-2022, 01:07 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
It's already over.
Source?

Oh, wait, I should be more specific. Credible source?

Old 02-04-2022, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Source?

Oh, wait, I should be more specific. Credible source?
The so-called "credible sources" as you put it have been pulling things out of their asses the entire time.

Feel free to hide in the basement indefinitely until your beloved "credible sources" give you permission to live your life.

I'm going to use this thing called my brain and my judgment and do this thing called risk assessment. It's over and if you don't like it, too bad, I don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies