Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 12:10 AM

1,014 posts, read 478,887 times

Advertisements

By racism are you implying that by being called a black man, they have completely dropped out of making a better life by working and not care about the community and letting things get run down? Yes. I think part of it is that explanation. But it goes deeper. This is America. If you don't want to work, then don't. But they'll still live there. That's free. And they're expressing their rights too. No need go to work. Just live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2022, 12:55 AM

10 posts, read 5,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
36 murders and 2 arrests

well, yeah. we live in an era of such stupidity that even black people can be 'white supremacists.'
just ask larry elder.
I was thinking Candace Owens. If there was a bullhorn manufactured specifically to convert blatant racism into dogwhistles, it would be called a “Candace Owens Device”.

Old 02-04-2022, 07:08 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The drugs were flowing just as consistently BEFORE Biden took office, going all the way back to President Clinton and probably before that!

I was using during Bush jr and part of Trumps term...availability and access have remained the same.
Iran Contra. Drugs for weapons
Douglas Farah was in El Salvador when the San Jose Mercury News broke a major story in the summer of 1996: The Nicaraguan Contras, a confederation of paramilitary rebels sponsored by the CIA, had been funding some of their operations by exporting cocaine to the United States.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 02-04-2022 at 07:18 AM..

Old 02-04-2022, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Big city violence has become the culture norm. Kids are raised in it and don't know any other way.
Even in high-crime inner-city neighborhoods, well over 90 percent of children from safe, stable homes do not become delinquents. By contrast only 10 percent of children from unsafe, unstable homes in these neighborhoods avoid crime.

Safe and stable defined as 2 parents, 1 working full time, and no addiction.

Old 02-04-2022, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Philosopher View Post
Does the video mention the education level of the people in these cities?
Does the video mention the marketable skills of the people in these cities?
Dunno about in the video but out of the 39 high schools in Baltimore -

"There were 13 Baltimore high schools where, in 2017, 0% of students could do math at grade level, and another half-dozen high schools where only 1% were math proficient."

Old 02-04-2022, 07:24 AM

10,809 posts, read 4,501,454 times
find out who beat Kim Klacik and why. 'member a tv show 'the wire'? ne'er watched it myself, but its essentially a true story. local corrupt govt turned their back on it to allow the 'stuff' there to thrive - the reason given was literally stated as "do you want it in your neighborhood?"

In the example depicted, its black on black violence AND social policy.

Old 02-04-2022, 07:35 AM

13,929 posts, read 5,614,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Even in high-crime inner-city neighborhoods, well over 90 percent of children from safe, stable homes do not become delinquents. By contrast only 10 percent of children from unsafe, unstable homes in these neighborhoods avoid crime.

Safe and stable defined as 2 parents, 1 working full time, and no addiction.
Always bears repeating.

The number one, far and away winner where statistical predictors of almost every negative socioeconomic outcome is concerned is the child raised in the "single mother, no father present" household. Beats age, gender, race, geography, urban/suburban/rural, sexuality, immigrant/citizen, etc. Nothing predicts a negative outcome with more reliability.

This is not a judgment, editorial or opinion. It's data. Data does not lie. It just sits there, waiting to be observed. Now, why do some population samples have such a disparate number of "single mother, no father present" households? Well that can be debated from now until doomsday with countless justifications and rationalizations. What cannot be debated is the data driven statistical reality of how well that model predicts negative behaviors and outcomes.

Old 02-04-2022, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Always bears repeating.

The number one, far and away winner where statistical predictors of almost every negative socioeconomic outcome is concerned is the child raised in the "single mother, no father present" household. Beats age, gender, race, geography, urban/suburban/rural, sexuality, immigrant/citizen, etc. Nothing predicts a negative outcome with more reliability.

This is not a judgment, editorial or opinion. It's data. Data does not lie. It just sits there, waiting to be observed. Now, why do some population samples have such a disparate number of "single mother, no father present" households? Well that can be debated from now until doomsday with countless justifications and rationalizations. What cannot be debated is the data driven statistical reality of how well that model predicts negative behaviors and outcomes.
Hardly anyone in life makes it without guidance.

"Now, why do some population samples have such a disparate number of "single mother, no father present" households?"

Unfortunately many people refuse to recognize the elephant in the room. So discussing the reason, the cause why it happens, wont get addressed.

Old 02-04-2022, 08:22 AM

9,501 posts, read 4,330,439 times
Quote:
Yes indeed!! Its so weird, most people will acknowledge this problem...but they never ask themselves HOW all these drugs continue to come into their cities/ states!! The consistency is absolutely out of this world.

In the many years I was using, NOT A SINGLE DAY, was my dealer low or out of their supply!! ( to this day, I still cannot wrap my head around that). Its about time we go bust down the door at the DEA and arrest every single of those scum bags, they have done nothing but ensure the perfect marketplace for these brutal drug cartels to sell their product, and they are using our tax money to do it.
Your tinfoil hate is leaking.

Old 02-04-2022, 08:33 AM

4,651 posts, read 1,947,159 times
Quote:
Yes indeed!! Its so weird, most people will acknowledge this problem...but they never ask themselves HOW all these drugs continue to come into their cities/ states!! The consistency is absolutely out of this world.

In the many years I was using, NOT A SINGLE DAY, was my dealer low or out of their supply!! ( to this day, I still cannot wrap my head around that). Its about time we go bust down the door at the DEA and arrest every single of those scum bags, they have done nothing but ensure the perfect marketplace for these brutal drug cartels to sell their product, and they are using our tax money to do it.
And i bet that dealer wanted cold hard cash for your drugs. Where did you get that cash? Now i am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you were probably fortunate enough to have it. but many are not. My cousin is one of those users who does not and he has stolen from anyone and anything he could to feed his habit. Do you think all those inner city unemployed just are independently wealthy, please. Where does the money come from.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies